It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And you wonder why we think the left is nuts?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
a reply to: network dude

I only support abortion in rape cases or in case the mother’s life may be in danger.

People need to know things have consequences.

Don’t want a kid? Use a freagin condom!

Why is the mothers life more important than the child's. She's already had a life, it's time for a mother to sacrifice for once instead of always being selfish. There are consequences for the child to don't ya think? BTW am I reading that right? You support the [murder] of an innocent child, if it was [rape] that caused it? You do know that murder is worse than rape right?

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

Why is the mothers life more important than the child's. She's already had a life, it's time for a mother to sacrifice for once instead of always being selfish. There are consequences for the child to don't ya think? BTW am I reading that right? You support the [murder] of an innocent child, if it was [rape] that caused it? You do know that murder is worse than rape right?

How very Catholic of you!

edit on 27-1-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

The law also addresses late-term abortions. Under New York's Reproductive Health Act, they can be performed after 24 weeks if the fetus is not viable or when necessary to protect the life of the mother.
"It's about the health and safety of the mother and it's always been the point where the conservatives wave the flag, they want to roll back Roe v. Wade -- this is not gray here it's black and white," said Cuomo.

Ahem.

So, spin and peddle your propaganda as you wish.

CNN

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician

originally posted by: vinifalou

I only support abortion in rape cases or in case the mother’s life may be in danger.

People need to know things have consequences.

Don’t want a kid? Use a freagin condom!

What the law allows is ONLY the abortion of NON-VIABLE fetuses after 24 months.
What you are saying is that the mother should die for a child that is going to die anyway.

Do you really think that she is being selfish then? Let’s say she has other children to care for? Is she still selfish for not dying for a fetus that is not going to live?

This isn’t about aborting healthy fetuses late in the game.

I’m not discussing rape victims in this post, but if men weren’t so selfish in where they ejaculate their semen, we wouldn’t even need to talk about abortion for rape or unwanted children in general.

Would you support men who are not actively trying to procreate getting government mandated reversible vasectomies? It would certainly reduce any need to talk about abortion outside of extreme medical need.

Maybe men are the selfish ones.
edit on 27-1-2019 by AboveBoard because: Vivisection is not a vasectomy. My bad.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: AboveBoard

Stop hiding behind those people.

This law makes it allowable to let anyone change their mind about being pregnant. All they have to do is come up with an excuse of any kind. This has been gone over. We're no longer just talking about the rare "horrific circumstances" that almost always get caught earlier on in a pregnancy.

Stop negating “those people.”

Be grateful it wasn’t you. Don’t allow the preventable death of mothers for your own hard line black and white thinking.

How about you stop hiding behind the idea of “loser, irresponsible women?”

How about the fact that the law is for non-viable fetuses, ones that WILL NOT MAKE IT ANYWAY. I’m not advocating for anything regarding healthy fetuses and late term abortions. The point is there need to be compassionate limits that are logical and based on the health and safety of everyone concerned.

edit on 27-1-2019 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
I read this with eyes half closed, my head feeling turmoil, knowing this, and feeling sorrow for those who ignore it. Despite their beliefs, it will come, and how will they explain ?

a reply to: Murgatroid

Much more will be going on than explaining such things.

The Creators themselves will be held to account..you will be far more shocked at what you see when THEY are forced to face all that they have caused...

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Perhaps you could take on all these unwanted kids because you have such a big heart ..right...

Perhaps you could murder yourself all those unwanted kids, since you think it is ok to murder them... right?...

Perhaps it will give you pleasure to do so...

edit on 27-1-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
How about you stop hiding behind the idea of “loser, irresponsible women?”

How about the fact that the law is for non-viable fetuses, ones that WILL NOT MAKE IT ANYWAY. I’m not advocating for anything regarding healthy fetuses and late term abortions. The point is there need to be compassionate limits that are logical and based on the health and safety of everyone concerned.

So you, like so many in the left, seem to have no idea for what reason the word or is used in sentences?...

The use of the word or doesn't have the same meaning as using the word and...

The use of the word or in sentences is to give various choices. What is written before the word or does not apply to what is written after the word or.

When a police officer stops you, and you become incoherent and simply want to start a fight with the officer and the officer tells you: "We can do this the easy way, OR the hard way." What the officer is telling you is that you have two choices. You can choose one, OR the other.

Similarly, when in sentences or paragraphs the word OR it's used, it is done to separate the different choices available.

Here is the law again...

§ 2599-bb. Abortion. 1. A health care practitioner licensed, certi-
43 fied, or authorized under title eight of the education law, acting with-
44 in his or her lawful scope of practice, may perform an abortion when,
45 according to the practitioner's reasonable and good faith professional
46 judgment based on the facts of the patient's case: the patient is within
47 twenty-four weeks from the commencement of pregnancy, or there is an
48 absence of fetal viability, or the abortion is necessary to protect the
49 patient's life or health.

nyassembly.gov...

The arguments before or health do not apply to the health part of that statement.

The last part of the excerpted paragraph is about health of the mother, and it allows abortions up to the date the baby is due.

By Nicole Brown
nicole.brown@amny.com @ncb417
Updated January 23, 2019 6:59 AM

The Reproductive Health Act maintains the 24-week limit under which women can seek abortions but adds a provision for abortions at any time if the baby would not survive the birth. Additionally, the act permits abortions at any point if it is necessary to protect the mother's life or health.

www.amny.com...

edit on 27-1-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add excerpt and link.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

Perhaps you could take on all these unwanted kids because you have such a big heart ..right...

Perhaps you could murder yourself all those unwanted kids, since you think it is ok to murder them... right?...

OMG,

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

OMG,

It is obvious people like you have no regards for human life. You always try to go off a tangent by making ridiculous arguments such as: "then you should take all unwanted kids." That is nothing more than a red herring, and a fallacious argument just as me telling you "perhaps you should murder all those unwanted kids."

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
Ahem.

So, spin and peddle your propaganda as you wish.

The law also addresses late-term abortions. Under New York's Reproductive Health Act, they can be performed after 24 weeks if the fetus is not viable or when necessary to protect the life of the mother.
"It's about the health and safety of the mother and it's always been the point where the conservatives wave the flag, they want to roll back Roe v. Wade -- this is not gray here it's black and white," said Cuomo.

CNN

Again, someone who doesn't seem to understand what the word or means, and wants to claim those who understand what that word means "want to spin and peddle propaganda..."

First, you need several classes into reading comprehension. It is apparent a lot of you are in need of such classes.
Then, after you come to understand what it means when the word or is used in sentences, you can try to come back and argue your point again...

BTW, that CNN excerpt does not seem to differentiate between "life of the mother" and "health of the mother."
The health of the mother includes any excuse the doctor, or pregnant woman, want to make up.

edit on 27-1-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add excerpt and correct comment.

edit on 27-1-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

None of that is anything different than what Roe V Wade has made law of the land. This is a stop-gap duplicate, within the state's rights as the law is now written, in case Roe V Wade is reversed and abortion rights revert back to the states, like it was before Roe V Wade.

The health of the mother includes any excuse the doctor, or pregnant woman, want to make up.

That's the way it is now, thanks to Roe V Wade.

edit on 27-1-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Had it done a few years back, wife still on some form of BC to handle her period. As for the one incident years back, we've been together 15 years now, it was about 12 years ago. 12 years ago I couldn't find a doctor who would perform one on me, due to my age, and the fact that we do not have children. Attitudes were a bit different then as I'm sure we all recall.

Even getting it done a few years ago I had a heck of a fight on my hands trying to find a doctor to perform one, as I'm in my 30's and childless, so still in my prime so to speak. Luckily by that point, money talked a bit louder than when I tried at 22 to get one done.

I agree completely with it being a better option, 100%. Not only myself trying to get a vasectomy, but my wife also tried to get her tubes tied, same answer I got. Heck I knew a girl I worked with that had 4 kids and was 28, couldn't find someone to perform the surgery. I know both are elective surgeries, but you would think having a requirement to see a psychologist to verify you're of sound mind and body would remove that particular hurdle.

a reply to: 3n19m470

Please see the above response, and no apologies needed. Just generally when people attack it, it's from a religious standpoint. Don't take me wrong on any of this, I'm not for anyone making this choice lightly, I think you really do need to do a lot of research on options, deep consideration of what you're actually doing, and if you believe that this is the right choice for all parties involved. It's certainly not a decision to make lightly.
edit on 1/27/19 by Hypntick because: Reply to other poster

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

None of that is anything different than what Roe V Wade has made law of the land. This is a stop-gap duplicate, within the state's rights as the law is now written, in case Roe V Wade is reversed and abortion rights revert back to the states, like it was before Roe V Wade.

Yes it is very different... Roe V. Wade argued that on the third trimester (after 24 weeks) the state could intervene in favor of the unborn because life is viable...

Also, Roe v. Wade did not abolish murder charges if the unborn were murdered when the pregnant woman was attacked. This new law does abolish all murder charges when the unborn is murdered, even if the mother wants to have the baby...

Also, Roe v. Wade did not abolish the law that made it a requirement for a doctor to be present if the unborn survived the abortion and was born alive, which by law except in New York now, the doctor had to do his/her best to keep the newborn alive. This new law in New York abolishes that law. If the unborn survives the abortion and is born alive, it is perfectly legal for the "healthcare professional" (which doesn't have to be a doctor) to leave the newborn to die...

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
That's the way it is now, thanks to Roe V Wade.

Wrong again... You leftists love to make completely ignorant claims.

It was the case Doe v. Bolton that redefined "health of the mother" to be any excuse the doctor or pregnant woman want to make...

The Doe v. Bolton case defined thehealth of the mother in such a way that any abortion for any reason could be protected by the language of the decision. Its definition of health includes “all factors—physical, emotional, psychological, familial, and the woman's age—relevant to the well-being of the patient. ALL these factors may relate to health.

www.all.org...

United States Supreme Court
DOE v. BOLTON(1973)
No. 70-40
Argued: December 13, 1971 Decided: January 22, 1973

Appellants then argue that the statutes do not adequately protect the woman's right. This is so because it would be physically and emotionally damaging to Doe to bring a child into her poor, "fatherless" 10 family, and because advances in medicine and medical techniques have made it safer for a woman to have a medically induced abortion than for her to bear a child. Thus, "a statute that requires a woman to carry an unwanted pregnancy to term infringes not only on a fundamental right of privacy but on the right to life itself." Brief 27.

DOE v. BOLTON

in Doe v. Bolton it was even argued that "because of medical advances in medicine it is safer for a woman to have an abortion than to bear the child..." Which is a completely ridiculous and false statement.

Not to mention that "women go through physical changes when they are pregnant." For example, leaving stretch marks after the baby is born. The woman also goes through psychological/mood changes when she is pregnant. Not to mention that Doe v. Bolton argued that any excuse could be used, including economic reasons.

Like Hillary, people like you in the left are completely ignorant about Roe v. Wade, or the several court cases that came after, such as Doe v. Bolton.

edit on 27-1-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Yeah yeah, and people like you are so incredibly clueless about the world around them it's scary.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Yeah yeah, and people like you are so incredibly clueless about the world around them it's scary.

How about instead of making idiotic claims, which have nothing to do with this topic, you point out "my cluelessness" on this topic... Or is it that you really have no rational, or logical counter argument to provide?...

edit on 27-1-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Since a lot of people seem to be completely unaware of what or means, or how it is used in sentences, or paragraphs, here is a definition of or.

or

conj. either; in the alternative. It is often vital to distinguish between "or" and "and." Example: Title to the Cadillac written "Mary or Bill Davidson" means either one could transfer the car, but if written "Mary and Bill Davidson," both must sign to change title.

legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com...

It seems that a lot of people in this thread, and in others, have no understanding of the difference between or and and.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

A lot of women would rather die, than to allow their unborn to die. Now thanks to the change in the law in New York, if a woman makes the decision to die and allow her unborn to be born, the state of New York could even force her to abort because the life of the unborn at any point during the pregnancy, and up to the due date, does not matter in New York anymore.

edit on 27-1-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

Good move
Sorry I assumed you had not already done that.

Must depend on the state. I just made an appointment, I think that was in 1989 but no issues. Walked in got it done. I think I'm a lot older than you probably.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

I just don't care about abortion and they're not going to be killing any babies the day before they're born like you all are freaking out about.

I just think it's so funny you all care so much about life that is not even life yet but when it comes to actual people you're not too concerned

"life that is not life"? You make zero sense.

This post right here sums up just how ignorant and foolish you are. SMFH

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join