It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG... it all makes sense now.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I floated this idea last night in another thread.
Let's not forget that even Trump respects Ginsburg, he may not agree with her, but he at least respects her.

I think the optics of a half-dead Ginsburg looks bad for the unity of the whole country right now.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Cast blame on Nasty Nancy for the many deaths that happen,
as it lays squarely in her lap.

These democrats do not care about people dying at the border,
make them look like the vampires they are. She is too busy
drinking and doing insider trading.

And yes, they are all terrified that RBG is going to die soon,
and they are desperate.

This is a great move on Trump's part.

edit on 26-1-2019 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-1-2019 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Trump wasn't elected because he is Trump. I think even most of his supporters would say he is not exactly a nice guy. He was elected because he rode the wave of populism that was looking for someone to take the helm. Trump chose to take the helm and we elected him to promote the agenda of populism: reduction of corruption, transparency in government, sensible economic policies, and reasonable trade with other nations.

That's what those who hate him don't understand. We do not support Trump's policies... he supports ours.

Pig's ear...still no silk purse. Feel better though?

:-)
edit on 1/26/2019 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

Trump wasn't elected because he is Trump. I think even most of his supporters would say he is not exactly a nice guy. He was elected because he rode the wave of populism that was looking for someone to take the helm. Trump chose to take the helm and we elected him to promote the agenda of populism: reduction of corruption, transparency in government, sensible economic policies, and reasonable trade with other nations.

That's what those who hate him don't understand. We do not support Trump's policies... he supports ours.

Pig's ear...still no silk purse. Feel better though?

:-)

Maybe we don't want a silk purse. We definitely didn't want an old bag (get it? Hillary? har har)

edit on 1 26 2019 by underpass61 because: sp

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

Or that's all you're capable of?

Hate to break this to you, but you're not nearly the political savant you seem to think you are.

A proper critique of TheRednecks opening post, or any of his subsequent posts, would have been to take a point he made, and show the fallacies present in them.

But that little snark post is all you're, by all appearances, capable of.
edit on 1/27/2019 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

The Notorious RBG does not have to attend the SOTU address. She's missed them before. Chillax...she's on the mend.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

That's it though, the only way she becomes President, is for both Trump and Pense to go away... Other wise, there's nothing there for her.

She is the highest elected legislator in the country, that's why she's number three in line of succession--but for her to succeed to the Presidency, both the POTUS and the VP have to be, for whatever reason, gone.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   

That old bag has probably already been sentenced to death and put down in secret, like the dog she was.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Don't forget Scalia. I still think he was 'put down'. That would have allowed Obama or HRC to appoint his seat, you would have had two more retire, Ginsberg and Kennedy, and the door would have been shut for 2 or 3 more decades at least.

Now, it has truly backfired and Once Ginsberg 'retires' Trump will appoint a woman and the left and the media will have NO idea how to handle it.

Cannot very well parade in some guys who said she used to pinch their asses in college...

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I think you underestimate Ginsberg and overestimate Trump.

Trump has no ability to do long-range planning. If you read his books, he's only got one method, and that's to go directly to whatever it is. No secondary planning, no machinations. What you see is what you get.

Ginsberg is not going to go anywhere. She may die in office, but she's a long way from it yet. And at this point, with a majority of Democrats in the House, confirming a conservative Supreme Court nominee may be a lot more difficult.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

I think you underestimate Ginsberg and overestimate Trump.

Trump has no ability to do long-range planning. If you read his books, he's only got one method, and that's to go directly to whatever it is. No secondary planning, no machinations. What you see is what you get.

Ginsberg is not going to go anywhere. She may die in office, but she's a long way from it yet. And at this point, with a majority of Democrats in the House, confirming a conservative Supreme Court nominee may be a lot more difficult.

The House doesn't vote on a SC nominee.
I also doubt you have any insight on RBG's health and to suggest she is a 'long way from it yet' is just pure speculation the same as 'she's about to die' is pure speculation.

edit on 26/1/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The best (funniest) scenario is that RBG regains health but steps down in 2020, Trumps final year...but the Republican Senate confirm a new Justice anyway

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Now, it has truly backfired and Once Ginsberg 'retires' Trump will appoint a woman and the left and the media will have NO idea how to handle it.

If Trump appoints Amy Coney Barrett the left and the media know exactly how to handle it. She's Catholic, and in case you haven't noticed the media has been busy setting up the battle space the last couple of weeks. Catholics and Christians are being painted as the next coming of the SS and KKK combined.

Even if Ginsberg isn't already dead she ain't coming back. She's/was 85 years old and can barely hold her head up and stay awake on a good day. As of now she's had broken ribs and major surgery on her lungs. If she comes back it will be as the second coming of Stephen Hawking.

I think the coming Supreme nomination will make Kavanaugh grateful he got it so easy.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

That one meme says it better than I ever could. God uses imperfect men to do His perfect work.

Paul, who wrote the majority of the New Testament, was originally called Saul, a serial mass murderer of Christians before Jesus appeared to him on the road to Damascus. It was his job to persecute Christians for being Christians, and he was very, very good at his job.

I saw this about halfway through the campaign. Every time the media tried to trip up Trump, they wound up falling all over themselves. That's divine intervention. So many will not understand this, but it doesn't mean Trump is a godly man or anything like that... it just means God's power is temporarily flowing through Donald Trump. It doesn't mean anyone is worshiping Donald Trump... it just means Donald Trump is doing what God wants done.

A lot will make fun of this, but that's on them.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

The House has nothing to say in the matter of Supreme Court justice confirmation. That is strictly the purview of the Senate.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

only problem with the whole RGB angle is that is is nigh on impossible baring impeachment to get rid of a sitting justice

Unless the Justice in question dies.

That's why I think Ginsberg has taken a turn for the worst. As long as she lives, she can continue as Justice. It would have to be a fatal (or at least near fatal) situation for the left to be in such panic to delay the State of the Union address. She might even be on life support... essentially already deceased, but her life functions can be maintained artificially. That sounds like hell on earth to me.

I really feel for Ginsberg if this is true. She is being used and, really, tortured to maintain an agenda. I do not agree with her at all politically, but I can still have empathy for her as a person.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I wondered why more righties weren't floating this theory.

But the question becomes, Does anyone legally have to attend a state of the union?

Can't she just refuse to go and that's that?

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   

This is not so much Trump's administration as it is the people's administration with him at the lead.

You mean some peoples not the peoples.

He got 62 million votes. There were 249 million adults of voting age in 2016.
62 million is a forth of 249 million.

Same goes for clinton with her 64 million.

Nether side has any ground to claim they are THE peoples of the united states.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Because trump could foresee the health conditions of the scotus members, he waited until after the house went to the dems to ask for funding, whilst predicting a shutdown, with the intention of postponing the sotu just in the nick of time for ruth to kick the bucket... ...only in the head of cult45.

This isn't a q thread. The people here, I agree are trying to desperately see the bright side, are not suggesting that trump made this a plan from the start.
Trump just made his moves at each obstacles and ended up at a place where this is a choice for him.

He could have made different moves and the shutdown would have ended sooner and nancy would have never dis- invited him.
I think the people in this thread understand that.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

The scotus is allowed certain privacy's because of the nature of their job.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join