It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG... it all makes sense now.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

I am about ready to call for the disbanding of Congress myself, to be honest. Throw every single one out, declare Martial Law until new elections can be held (without any past members being able to run) and try this crap again.

While we're at it, amend the Constitution to force Congress to pass a complete budget every single damn year or another reset occurs. No more CRs. Maybe eventually they'll get it right.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: Zimnydran

The Superbowl is a reasonable explanation. The government answers to big business. The NFL gets breaks from the government so they have some power. Lots of money to be made this week.

There has been concern about the Atlanta airport. Get it back on track for travel.

They dont mind when me and you get stuck at an airport......but can you just see Delta airlines handing a bunch of Men in Suits some flight vouchers after they been stuck at an airport for 8 hours.... So sorry, it's really not our fault, but here is a flight voucher and a 1 nite free hotel room.... now were even.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
Lol, that’s all this post warrants. a reply to: TheRedneck

Thanks for stopping by soundguy, here's your participation medal.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

RBG is in a coma...on life support.
All being hushed up.
They won't pull her plug until Pelosi can pull off her treasonous power grab to become President.

Trump (or Pence) must not be allowed to appoint an RBG conservative replacement.

That's the idea.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: blackbeltjones

Big money doesn't care if the politicians act like kids but don't make business lose money. This is one of the big money makers for the year.

What if a major ATC or TSA/terrorist incident happened. What name will be remembered and attached, Trump or DNC.
Lots of people won't even know a name to go with DNC but their certainly know the name Trump.

Trump may like any publicity but a disaster is one of the few that way too negative.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Zimnydran

The Superbowl idea just doesn't make sense to me.

I can understand Congress being beholden to corporate interests; their re-election depends on corporate contributions. But Trump? He's not beholden to corporate interests. He is self-sufficient financially, and is actually taking a pay cut by being President instead of running his business. He doesn't need the money, and while he might be sympathetic to corporate interests, I can't see him letting his ego go and folding like he did ending the shutdown over sympathy.

Plus, if the only goal was to end the shutdown at any cost, the fastest way would be to pull the purse strings of Congress and get them to let the border wall appropriations through. That would have been an instant end to the shutdown.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

"about ready"???

I've been saying this for years!

Throw every last one of these crooked worthless bastages OUT!

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Be careful what you ask for... Martial Law while they are replaced could be a very bad thing.

Also, how would we be assured we wouldn't get worse?

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Qboneq
Most people hated “Hillary” that’s why “trump” got elected nothing else not even “Russian and President Putin”.

Asking for “second term”?? LOL.. Fat chance the “orange guy” already destroyed everything possible because of his increasing idiocy and lies.

I really do hope him and his idiot family burn in hell…. Same as “Hillary”.

While reading it I realized this post speaks for 'fighting fire with fire'.
If you think both suck so much I can understand.

What might have happened to our economy or what more would the HRC foundations gained for giving Russian and Chinese our state secrets or vital resources? The unelected help they get as the Clinton's are sinister as hell itself IMO?

edit on 26-1-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

It doesn't have to be a showcase that rbg isn't there for it to be a good move.

It's three weeks.by doing so he gets these people paid, shows HE'S willing to compromise and put the people first and then in three weeks of the Dems having shown they aren't willing to compromise,then it puts the onus on them and they get fully blamed for the shutdown.

I don't like it, I would've preferred he have the balls to stick it out, but make no bones about it, this is a strategic move.

Jaden
edit on 26-1-2019 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   

He doesn't need the money, and while he might be sympathetic to corporate interests, I can't see him letting his ego go and folding like he did ending the shutdown over sympathy

Some still believe to politicians have full control of the government. Who just got a big tax break?

Trump may have been told to do it. Might explain his less than outspoken moments during the shutdown.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Wouldn't require Martial Law.

But no, there would be no guarantee of better, only the guarantee these crooks are gone for good.

ETA - Term limits too, with a mandatory 'time out' for 4 years before being eligible to run again. Cut their purse strings. Cut the lobbyists off at the knees too.
edit on 1/26/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

It might be, but when you can't get one woman to even appear at the bargaining table, what can you do? Even if she has no intention of allowing the other side of the negotiation to get what they want, not even appearing to negotiate is bad or should be.

It simply says, "I want what I want, and I refuse to follow the process even in semblance."

When things break down that far where are we? There were things offered that she has always said must be offered for any appearance of negotiation, including this opening of government. Now, will there be negotiations over the wall? I doubt it.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Eh, you have a point. I misspoke about the Martial Law thing... Congress simply isn't important enough of late to affect law and order.

And who knows? Maybe 2020 is the date. I know I'll help primary Shelby given half a chance, and I am no fan of Doug Jones or Mo Brooks.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Also, why has he not already declared a National Emergency? Apparently the draft is ready. I can understand how he would rather use private contractors instead of the military... that's an economic boon. But the bigger issue would seem to be the border crisis; it has been ongoing at least since the 1980s.

There is no national emergency. Declaring a national emergency is not the way our system was designed to operate.
This is how our system was designed to operate:

We all know how Ruth Bader Ginsberg has been in failing health as of late. There have been rumors on top of rumors. She has pneumonia; she is just recovering. She has a resurgence of cancer; she is cancer free. She is dying; she expects to return soon. No one really knows, because she seems to be in hiding as of late. The official story is she is recuperating, but this is the first time in her history that she has missed oral arguments.

This is a well known tactic by the right media, remember Hilary was sick, fraile next to death not healthy enough to be president, here let me remind you:
Another health scare....Hillary looking frail and sick and having a coughing fit. Hard to watch
Hillary Clinton Dead??? Reported by news anchors on NYC WABC-7 TV....
Hillary Coughs up Green "SOMETHING" Into Water - Absolutely Bizarre
**BREAKING** Hillary just left 9/11 ceremony with medical episode.
Claiming a political opponet is ill or near death is a known tactic used by right wing media, we have seen this before.

Now the DNC stands to completely lose the Supreme Court. Their only hope if Ginsberg is really seriously ill? Delay. If they can make it another year, they can try to postpone the nomination for her replacement until after 2020, leaving the hope of either gaining the Presidency or the Senate... if they can wait two more years, they have hope of getting another Activist Justice.

The Supreme Court has already been lost to the left thanks to Mitch McConnell not allowing a vote on Obama pick because of it being a election year

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

]]]

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

C'mon...it's not just the right which uses this tactic, everyone uses it.

However, in the case of RBG, I don't think it's much of a ruse this time. In any case, it is far from a tactic used exclusively by the right.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

That Schoolhouse rock needs to be sent to AOC! Quickly too, she needs a CLUE!
ETA
We need to find the one on how the Bill of Rights were selected!
edit on 26-1-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: toms54

It wouldn't advantage the Democrats... the advantage would be to the Republicans. That's why the Democrats (Pelosi) are opposing letting Trump do the State of the Union address on time.

The House has no influence whatsoever on the nomination... the Senate does, and the Senate is Republican. The Democrats won't be able to stop any reasonable nominee Trump chooses. But the House, I believe, is trying to keep Ginsberg's condition a secret to delay Ginsberg's retirement from the Supreme Court, thus they want to delay the State of the Union address so her condition is not noticed by the public.

That's the whole point.

TheRedneck

Been thinking along same lines ever since this imbroglio started. Educating my younger co-workers (gen Z) on this type of game. Once subjects such as this and many, many others are pointed out they get the big Ah-Ha moment and become red-pilled. Its encouraging to see that once sense is made of seeming dis-ordered chaos they start seeing the games elsewhere on their own.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
President Trump is a peoples president of it's nation.
He is liked and he is hated.
Why he is liked, I don't know.
Why he is hated is because people want to live in a dictatorship government. Sad by true.

He caved in t the Military Industry Complex sadly.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join