It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG... it all makes sense now.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+43 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Like many Trump supporters, I was extremely disappointed earlier when Trump seemingly caved to the DNC about the border wall issue. I have also internally questioned his actions concerning the State of the Union address... he can give this address from anywhere, the Senate chamber, the Oval Office, the southern border, heck, he could give it on Twitter if he wanted to. The State of the Union is Constitutionally mandated, although the Constitution is unclear on where it can be given or even when it must be given... the exact wording is "from time to time." January 29th in the House chambers is simply custom.

Also, why has he not already declared a National Emergency? Apparently the draft is ready. I can understand how he would rather use private contractors instead of the military... that's an economic boon. But the bigger issue would seem to be the border crisis; it has been ongoing at least since the 1980s.

One thing I have discovered, the one constant in understanding political maneuvering, is that when things start not making sense, one is looking at the wrong goal. These are politicians... cruel, malicious, self-serving, unapologetic politicians, but they are certainly not dumb. They have managed to become wealthy by doing little to nothing except tell others what to do. I consider that pretty intelligent, albeit in a twisted, evil sort of way.

So what's the real goal here?

I can only think of one thing that makes sense overall, one thing that is more important than the border, even more important than the economy. Bear with me here... this is going to make a few switchbacks to get where I want to go.

What happens at the State of the Union speech? Well, the President stands up and makes this long-winded speech about what he has been saying for months, what he wants Congress to do, and why he wants them to do it. He usually invites several people whose stories emphasize the points he wants to make. There is a lot of pomp and circumstance. All the leaders of the nation are present: the House of Representatives, the Senate, the Cabinet, the Supreme Court Justices...

The Supreme Court Justices. That is the key.

We all know how Ruth Bader Ginsberg has been in failing health as of late. There have been rumors on top of rumors. She has pneumonia; she is just recovering. She has a resurgence of cancer; she is cancer free. She is dying; she expects to return soon. No one really knows, because she seems to be in hiding as of late. The official story is she is recuperating, but this is the first time in her history that she has missed oral arguments.

Trump has already shifted the Supreme Court. He appointed Neil Gorsuch almost immediately to replace the late, great Anthony Scalia. Justice Anthony Kennedy then retired and Trump appointed Brett Kavanaugh. We all saw that debacle, as the DNC tried every dirty trick in the book to disrupt his nomination for fear he would be more of a Constitutionalist than Kennedy. They didn't work; Justice Brett Kavanaugh now sits on the Supreme Court, and future similar exhibitions will not look good for whichever party tries them.

Justice Kennedy was a swing vote. The change in the makeup of the Supreme Court was minor, but still significant due to the precarious balance between Constitutionalist and Activist. Justice Ginsberg, however, is strictly an Activist. Were she to retire or die during Trump's administration, the change to the Supreme Court would be earth-shattering and would last for decades. The DNC relies heavily on the Judicial branch to let them implement policies which are sometimes quite questionable according to the Constitution. They lost the Executive and Legislative branches in 2016, leaving them with nothing except the Deep State (the bureaucracy of the various departments), the MSM, and the Judicial branch. In 2018, they took back the House, but lost position in the Senate... leaving the Legislative branch of government in limbo. But Trump has been steadily making inroads into the Deep State, so really it was a wash.

Now the DNC stands to completely lose the Supreme Court. Their only hope if Ginsberg is really seriously ill? Delay. If they can make it another year, they can try to postpone the nomination for her replacement until after 2020, leaving the hope of either gaining the Presidency or the Senate... if they can wait two more years, they have hope of getting another Activist Justice.

Should the State of the Union occur in the House chamber, all of the Justices will be present, except Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg. The optics of that could lead to a more fervent push of naming a replacement, which would certainly be a Constitutionalist under Trump. That's why Pelosi pulled her invite after initially extending it: Justice Ginsberg has taken a turn for the worst. Pelosi cited the shutdown as the reason for the cancellation, since she couldn't very well say what the real reason was. She kept saying "no" to every request because she wanted to keep the shutdown in effect and the State of the Union address in limbo. Now, however, Trump has caved to her demands and the State of the Union should be back on.

But it isn't. Pelosi now wants to stall and negotiate for a future date. The idea is to prevent the State of the Union from happening as normal, and thus to prevent any public notice of Justice Ginsberg's absence. Stall... stall at any cost. Stall until Trump decides to give up and give the State of the Union address from somewhere else... anywhere else. Under this new agreement, the government is only back for 20 days, then another shutdown can happen.

But I don't think that will happen. I think Trump knows Justice Ginsberg's condition as well as Pelosi does. If possible, the DNC will stall long after Justice Ginsberg passes, allowing her to take an extended leave of absence just because she represents the second key to their power now (the first was the FBI). Trump sees a chance to present Ginsberg's absence to the public, taking back the Judiciary. So it really has become a chess game, with a very important prize going to the winner.

I look for more surprising moves in the next three weeks. I expect there to be a lot of pushback on the wall from the pundits, in an attempt to back Trump into a corner and make him refuse to sign any bills after that. Another shutdown, another stalemate, another delay, another month closer to delaying a nomination.

Is Justice Ginsberg dead? I don't think so. Should she actually die, it would be nigh impossible to cover it up successfully for long and not have the truth come out in the end. She could, however, be on life support, just keeping the body fresh. I hope she is still alive; I do not wish her ill.

I do wish her a happy retirement. May she recover enough for that at least.

TheRedneck

+22 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 04:25 AM
link   
President Trump is a peoples president of it's nation.
He is liked and he is hated.
Why he is liked, I don't know.
Why he is hated is because people want to live in a dictatorship government. Sad by true.

+46 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Trump wasn't elected because he is Trump. I think even most of his supporters would say he is not exactly a nice guy. He was elected because he rode the wave of populism that was looking for someone to take the helm. Trump chose to take the helm and we elected him to promote the agenda of populism: reduction of corruption, transparency in government, sensible economic policies, and reasonable trade with other nations.

That's what those who hate him don't understand. We do not support Trump's policies... he supports ours. This is not so much Trump's administration as it is the people's administration with him at the lead. Get rid of Trump and another will surface... and another.... and another....

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I don't see how it would advantage the Democrats to have the SOTU when RBG is dead. Stalling for 2 years makes sense if they can do it but how much influence does the House have over the nomination process anyway?

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: toms54

The house doesn't have any influence over the nomination process, which is why they would want to delay the process from beginning using any means at their disposal.

+15 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

I don't see how it would advantage the Democrats to have the SOTU when RBG is dead. Stalling for 2 years makes sense if they can do it but how much influence does the House have over the nomination process anyway?

It's not about the nimination process. The House are not involved.
RBG is missing in action. Th SOTU will shine a light on that... that is why @The Redneck is suggesting Pelosi does not want the SOTU to take place.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: musicismagic

Trump wasn't elected because he is Trump. I think even most of his supporters would say he is not exactly a nice guy. He was elected because he rode the wave of populism that was looking for someone to take the helm. Trump chose to take the helm and we elected him to promote the agenda of populism: reduction of corruption, transparency in government, sensible economic policies, and reasonable trade with other nations.

That's what those who hate him don't understand. We do not support Trump's policies... he supports ours. This is not so much Trump's administration as it is the people's administration with him at the lead. Get rid of Trump and another will surface... and another.... and another....

TheRedneck

I am an ardent Trump supporter and really hope he gets a second term but let's be honest.
His presidency was an accident a miscalculation by our masters.
I doubt very much it will happen again.
It's been 50 years or more since we had a president that gave a damn about the people, and that is no accident.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Well, OP.. In 3 weeks time Trump's Presidency either gets back on track after a pretty bad month OR it's pretty much over.
I don't think people are going to accept any more excuses in 3 weeks.

He's drawn a red line and if he folds on that and doesn;t use his emergency powers to build the wall then he's toast - and without his base support (which is as strong as when he was elected), he leaves himself wide open to the investigative committees and Mueller. They'll make their move on him when he is weakest.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 05:36 AM
link   
If all this is due to not wanting to show/or not show RBG at the State of the Union.

Then why wouldn’t Trump just give the SOTU address at the Supreme Court?

Go into her house and show her not there?

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 05:46 AM
link   
It's funny the hoops trump's fan jump just to give him credit. On every blunder, every idiotic move, every idiotic statement; the cult leader must be dignified at all cost.

Because trump could foresee the health conditions of the scotus members, he waited until after the house went to the dems to ask for funding, whilst predicting a shutdown, with the intention of postponing the sotu just in the nick of time for ruth to kick the bucket...
...only in the head of cult45.

Gotta salvage that esteem. Wait until we see his plans for healthcare for every American as promised!

Mexico's paychecks is being furloughed right now, but they will pay for the wall...indirectly
or directly.

So no... whatever you have to tell yourself, say: NO, it doesn't make sense or ever.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Where is she? As a citizen do I have the right to know the truth? Is it always going to be a dog and pony show?

Good read, by the way.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 06:19 AM
link   

I was extremely disappointed earlier when Trump seemingly caved to the DNC about the border wall issue.

-Whether it was Trump or any other president, it's wrong to use federal workers as pawns. It really comes down to our elected officials not doing their job! How disappointed would you be if you were one of the federal workers not receiving a paycheck because our elected officials were acting like children?

Also, why has he not already declared a National Emergency?

Why, because it's not a national emergency, duh! What kind of precedence would that have created down the road? Let's just ignore the main reason our founding fathers created a system of checks and balances. Executive orders and pardons are already being misused and now lets just call anything a National Emergency just for our leaders to get everything they want. Sounds like your perspective of a "government by the people" is more like a dictatorship, "what our leader wants he gets!" Sure doesn't sound like a check and balance on power.

...as far as the State of the Union Speech...Just more political games being played by our wonderful two-party political system. These game are played by both sides, and when Americans start complaining about only one particular party it just shows how bias and how close-minded they are. As an American citizen, to consume and support (just to name a few) the political rhetoric, posturing and finger pointing coming from Nancy Pelosi, Schumer, McConnell, Paul Ryan, and Trump, is only keeping the power of a united American public at bay. Just imagine what would happen if people dropped their political labels, and demanded accountability and legislation that focuses on the issues facing the majority of Americans? After all don't these people work for us? Their job is to negotiate and compromise on behalf of ALL the people. If they can't do their job, maybe important issues should be placed on the ballot for the American people to decide!

These are politicians... cruel, malicious, self-serving, unapologetic politicians, but they are certainly not dumb. They have managed to become wealthy by doing little to nothing except tell others what to do. I consider that pretty intelligent, albeit in a twisted, evil sort of way.

TOTALLY AGREE! So why do you feel that Trump isn't part of this self-serving wealthy elite? He has a conflict of interest with his business dealings with Saudi Arabia and Russia. It doesn't take a genius to realize why he supports these murderous and tyrannical leaders! The only thing I don't agree with what you said is their intelligence. I would instead call it "greed for money and power."

As for Supreme Court Justices... to think none of them make rulings based upon their political affiliation is a joke! These people are human just like the rest of us. They're programmed to think based upon the political surrounding in which they were raised just like many Americans. It's just another reason why there shouldn't be a political-party system. If we didn't have political labels, negotiations and decisions would no longer be made based upon a "party-platform." Elected officials wouldn't feel "black-balled" by their political party for crossing over and accepting a liberal or conservative stance on an issue.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
President Trump is a peoples president of it's nation.
He is liked and he is hated.
Why he is liked, I don't know.
Why he is hated is because people want to live in a dictatorship government. Sad by true.

Damn, you get it. I wonder why the leftist won't get it? They seem hell bent on leading us to our destruction while we kindly point out we are headed that way, they call us bigots. They deny the truth about science as in the "man made climate change" lie they tell with a straight face so that people who "want to believe the lie, will believe the lie".

This concept of lying with a straight face confuses honest people with a good heart who don't think for themselves.There are just enough people like that to keep this rolling a little longer before the wheels come off. Hopefully before we are in Civil War that benefits the left. We need to do this the legal way and find a way around like the English did to get the "Magna Carta" signed.
edit on 26-1-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Other people have come to the same conclusion as it makes sense.

I posted about it yesterday, actually...

SOTU Address Thought

Great minds think alike!

ETA... look at the timeline.

Ruth starts working from home.

Pelosi says no proper SOTU if the government is closed. (No way Trump is gonna do that, right?)

Trump says hey! Let's open it up for 3 weeks then... SOTU this Tuesday ok in the House?

Nancy comes back with "Not possible this Tuesday, maybe the Tuesday after?"

Makes you wonder if it's going to be allowed to happen at all...

edit on 26-1-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

We get it. We KNOW you’re a never Trumper!

Now to the OP, while I think POTUS 45 has done more good than not so good (and there has been some not so good), I doubt he is/was thinking along these lines. If he was, I don’t think he would have allowed for the partial shutdown of the government and would have allowed the SOTU to proceed as planned.

Plus we’ve all (those that are interested) watched RBG sleep through SOTUs already, which should have brought her abilities into question long ago.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

If that is not a picture of a lib I will eat it with my Corn flakes.

That is the lib giving it to the Conservatives as it dawns on him that EO's are going to work.
edit on 26-1-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: toms54

It wouldn't advantage the Democrats... the advantage would be to the Republicans. That's why the Democrats (Pelosi) are opposing letting Trump do the State of the Union address on time.

The House has no influence whatsoever on the nomination... the Senate does, and the Senate is Republican. The Democrats won't be able to stop any reasonable nominee Trump chooses. But the House, I believe, is trying to keep Ginsberg's condition a secret to delay Ginsberg's retirement from the Supreme Court, thus they want to delay the State of the Union address so her condition is not noticed by the public.

That's the whole point.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Oops, just an accident, mistake we're sorry....

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I agree. It's coming down to put up or shut up time. Trump is taking a YUGE gamble here, but then again, the potential payoff is YUGE as well. If he wins, he gets the wall and he is assured a 2020 victory and probably a Republican Congress again... if he doesn't, he loses the Presidency and goes back to being a billionaire.

Fox earlier had a 'legal expert' on that said Trump needed to prove he had given Congress every opportunity to work with him to escape some activist lower court judge trying to stop him (like legal matters to activists anyway). Now, I take those with a couple grains mouthfuls of salt, but it is an interesting thought that plays into my thinking in the OP.

TheRedneck

<<   2  3  4 >>

join