It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi says she still will not allow SOTU in Capital after government reopens

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

If he is steps ahead, then why is there no wall?

Because the wall is likely only part of the goal. We'll understand the strategy after it is played out over the next couple of months. But hey, maybe you're right, maybe he doesn't have a strategy here or was bested by the democrats this time. Even great players lose here and there.

So how does one negotiate if the one side just gets up and walks way when told no?

I don't think you understand how negotiation and compromise work. Walking away is the absolute, most valuable negotiation tactic. Try it next time you want to buy a car.

And Pelosi did send bills to the Senate to restart the government, for which McConnell did not bring to the floor. allow for a vote and send it to the President, all cause there was no funding for a wall in it.

And republicans passed bills that the dems wouldn't, we can talk past each other all day but there is no getting around that there was no real negotiation from the dems. They offered exactly zero. Trump and republicans offered an extensive list of democrat pet projects (like extending daca).

You would be wrong about Trump. He really cares and wants to give the SOTU. His ego, if anything, makes it where he can be easy to predict and manipulate.

So why are the dems always a step slow? I mean, if he's so predictable, why can't the dems seem to predict his actions with any real success?

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
I don't think you understand how negotiation and compromise work. Walking away is the absolute, most valuable negotiation tactic. Try it next time you want to buy a car.

Bad example...

Last year I wouldn't have responded to this because I always agreed with it (from experience), but... no more...

Most dealers have started pricing cars at their 'take it or leave it' price - not because they want to, but because of the extreme pressure from internet sales.

I know, I tried walking away multiple times late last year, and every time ended up regretting it (missed out on a really good car).

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Thank you for reminding us all. Right wingers lie, they lie all the time, it’s what they do.

BTW, madam speaker gave tRump a hall pass, so he can deliver his speech. Yawn. . a reply to: matafuchs

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
Thank you for reminding us all. Right wingers lie, they lie all the time, it’s what they do.

BTW, madam speaker gave tRump a hall pass, so he can deliver his speech. Yawn. . a reply to: matafuchs

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

No. This is the first time ever.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

There is an appropriations bill every year that does not pass. The Congress is using what is known as a Continuing Resolution so they basically do not have to pass a budget.

When one group does not get money or a policy there can be a shutdown. Last year the government closed because of DACA. This year it was closed and DACA was offered. Who is playing hostage take now?

en.wikipedia.org...

Take a look. This is a gem...

Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015 - a continuing resolution that would fund the federal government of the United States through December 11, 2014 at an annualized rate of $1 trillion.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join