It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi says she still will not allow SOTU in Capital after government reopens

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Do you have anything to confirm any of this? I cannot find a single story to corroborate your OP.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: Sillyolme

And if the Senate says give it in the House chambers then there is an official impasse of indecision between the House and Senate over a special circumstance...House is adjourned.

Congrats.

Well, since it is the POTUS giving it. He should always get to decide. Correct me if I'm wrong, but a POTUS using the floor of the House of the peoples Congress to give a SOTU being only if a SOTH allows is not in the Constitution that I know.

At least you know a Constitution! The liberal SJWs that post here daily have pretty much proven through their own words that they wouldn’t recognize the US Constiturion or Bill of Rights if they bit them in the ass...School House rock REALLY needs to make a comeback!

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Justoneman

Out of something like 203 State of the Union addresses in the USA, only 95 of them have been given in the House of Representatives.

history.house.gov...

So, let us forget that it was not even possible for the people to hear the message until the late 19th Century anyway.

This type of thing can be ignored by individuals but not by the Gov. The POTUS leads us whether we liked 44 or not.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Do you have anything to confirm any of this? I cannot find a single story to corroborate your OP.

You wouldn't admit it, honestly, if you did.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Do you even google?
The world at your fingertips yet you would rather waste time asking us to go play fetch for you. Today you're in luck cupcake I will humor you in hopes you might actually learn something here.

I'll give you a Vice article seeing as you are probably more inclined to believe their propaganda. What Pelosi is suggesting is an affront to our democracy. Trying to silence the sitting president could be the spark that starts this civil war you all seem so hell bent on starting.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

It's is the FIRST thing in the OP! She says it...there is a video! just shows you don't read # you just react.
edit on Janpm31pmf0000002019-01-26T16:00:11-06:000411 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   

So, let us forget that it was not even possible for the people to hear the message until the late 19th Century anyway.

That's because the founding fathers never envisioned television. That's why the State of the Union address was never meant to be for "the People".

He shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient; he may, on extraordinary Occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in Case of Disagreement between them, with Respect to the Time of Adjournment, he may adjourn them to such Time as he shall think proper; he shall receive Ambassadors and other public Ministers; he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed, and shall Commission all the Officers of the United States.
usconstitution.net...

It was never meant to be a national event. But thanks to the advent of television, it is now!

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Come on Clover, it clearly says on the barn wall that No Animal Shall Sleep In A Bed with sheets

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   
No one pays much attention to what the skank has to say.
a reply to: matafuchs

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 26-1-2019 by ausername because:

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Well other than radio. And transcripts in newspapers before that, but that’s okay.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Sapphire

No that would be the vice president hopefully if he was incapacitated she would be to then it goes to one of the secretary's either state or defense .

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Part of Article 2 Section 3 of the constitution says "he may, on extraordinary Occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in Case of Disagreement between them, with Respect to the Time of Adjournment, he may adjourn them to such Time as he shall think proper;"

It appears to me that he can call them together if he wants to. If this isn't an extraordinary Occasion, what it? It's not up to them to invite them. He can summon them.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   
she doesn't want the SOTU because they would have to thaw out ginsberg and march her in weekend at bernie's style

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Nancy Pelosi needs to be reminded.

The House is OUR House...the American People, D, R, or I, or 'no voters'.

She needs to be told that the POTUS has reopened the government, security has been put in place, including air space restrictions for the 29th, and SHE IS OUR EMPLOYEE.

Open OUR House for OUR POTUS to address the nation with his SOTU.

Enough is enough with this power-hungry old battle axe!

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: UMayBRite!

This is correct. Until modern times most times in the year that would go into recess and do the work from their states. It is not like that had air travel. Therefore, in times of issue, he could recall them all for a meeting.

Could he use that now, yes, it is within his right as a president.

The horrible part is that now matter what he puts forth or tries to pass there are immediately challenged in Federal Court.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Well shemust do something to respond to her bruised ego. This will simply make it easier for Trump to use his constitutional powers if she wants to use hers. They may even be hoping that Trump responds in kind so they can call him whatever they want to call him. Its amazing that she as speaker and in majority party power is shoving weight around when the other two branches are not controlled. A sign that the libs are in deep and we have no idea how bad the bleeding is already after years of destructive resource draining programs. My meaning is they have enough now that they don't have to negotiate. They can act like foolish globalists.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Is enough of America now this dumbed down, indoctrinated and ready to vote that this strategy is going to work for the Democrats?

Absolutely. That's what's scary about all of this, to me. The fact that the democrats could win the house back a mere 5 weeks after kavanaugh, tells me all I need to know about this countries citizens. Dumber than bricks, spoon fed by the boobtube. America is over. We are transitioning into a fascist dystopia at the hands of our media overlords.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Having watching this from the start and the end of this shut down the following can be stated:

Really, were you surprised by this?

The facts are is that the President owned this shut down, it was on his watch, he stated he would own this and thus did. It lasted a very long time. The president is a sore loser, that much anyone could tell by the tone of his speech and the whining about not getting his wall was very prominent. The tables were turned and now he has to deal with a House that is under democrat control.

And the response by Pelosi, was if anything very predictable, as now she has something he wants very badly, and that is that he wants to give the State of the Union Speech in congress.

The president is facing reality, and that is he can not just do what he wants. He can not just walk into Congress, without permission and that would require both chambers, the House and the Senate, to vote on and agree that the president can walk in. He has to be invited.

Now, if I were Pelosi, then I would say that he could give the speech providing the government is open on Feb 18th, and then work to get him a bill to sign to keep it open at that time frame, that way if it shuts down it would fall on him again.

This is a political game, and one where the President should have not gotten involved.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

You wouldn't be saying any of that NONSENSE if a democrat was president. I can just see the Reeeeee.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join