It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi says she still will not allow SOTU in Capital after government reopens

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

ohh baby say more please, your giving me goose bumps. Saying little things that I like to hear...

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I watched the announcement today and then the response and here is what I got from it:

The President is sadly misinformed, if he thought that the federal workers were supporting him or this shut down. No matter the political party, the bottom line is the money that a person makes, and these people were getting desperate. So I think that he is a bit delusional and ultimately decided to cave in, to get this going again. And he whined not about not getting the wall, and that was the focus of his speech.

On the flip side, you have Pelosi and Schumer who is not interested in funding this wall.

And in 3 weeks there is going to be a showdown on the part of the government again, where the country will be back to square one, as the government is going to need money and there could be another government shut down, on the part of the government, thus starting this up again, hurting the government workers and the country once again.

It is obvious that there is going to be another showdown/shutdown that is pending. And that the President getting to do the State of the Union address in the house of Reps, would be used as a barging chip against him, to ensure that the government remain open.

If anything this is going to be an interesting 3 weeks to see what happens. Now here is the thing, it will be up to the House and Pelosi, to get the bills to the Senate, who will then have to get it to the President to sign in a speedy time. And if she is smart, the new spending and apropiration bill will be done ahead of time. If it is the last moment, then this will fall on her this time, but if it is early, once again it will fall on the President for the blame of the shutdown.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist
I have had enough of Pelosi and Schumer. Time for the President to just end this, declare a national emergency to get the funds, then let it go to the courts to challenge it, like we know they will do. Let's just get on with it.....this is going nowhere.

Yep I totally agree. Lets do this. Then we won't have to settle for just 5.7B, we can get whatever we need to secure that sucker tighter than a horses ass in fly season.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I like her.
She is what America stands for these days.
She stands for #tte in the streets of her area.
God bless her, for she can smell it at her door steps
Now she will try to improve America at her footsteps to get move people with health issues into american soil

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 05:05 AM
link   
"Good morning, ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to today's Presidential press conference.
The President has decided to use today's conference to read out the entire text of his "State of the Union" message, which will constitute the official publication of this message to the nation.
Unfortunately, owing to the length of the message, there will be no time for questions afterwards.
Are you sitting comfortably? Then we'll begin."

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: matafuchs

So they have doubled down, tripled down and now quadrupled down on stupid...

I'm guessing they are all gassed up on getting a statistical normal win in the House on a midterm and are completely ignoring their Senate fail.

The Senate result was not a fail for Democrats. Given the seats that were actually up for re-election they did well. Holding the Senate was almost a certainty for the Republicans, in fact they should have got to 56-57 seats, but they only barely held on in the end. If the same sentiment prevails in 2020, the Democats have a chance of a super majority in the Senate in 2020.

You will know that I can't stand the radical left, which is the Democrat party now, but pretending they failed in the midterms is far more dangerous than recognising that they have the upper hand right now and Republicans need to fight like crazy to hold them back. It seems to me that Republicans are too lazy to fight and/or it may already be too late. Years of appeasment and apathy may have already sealed the deal.

We'll see.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   

what part of it remains to be seen do you not understand?

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   

The voters who put the democrats in charge of the house?
Its pretty clear what the voters want.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

The voters did not vote to have the House reject the SOTU.
I guess you think it's her house, right?

edit on 26/1/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Too bad thats not what I was talking about huh?

But yes.... its her house... hasnt that been proven ? She said no... and no it was....

Now this story does NOT say she wont allow it. It says it remains to be seen. But you know anything to keep the rancor flowing because the gutter is a lovely place to dwell.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Groot
Can we please get highschool mentality out of politics and act as grown ups? I'm talking about both sides.

I'm just sitting over here watching, no ,ignoring this crap show.

Drinking my beer, working , and collecting my checks.

Taking my wife out for some seafood tomorrow and a few beers. Picking up my new work truck on Monday and getting my new gas card.

Telling my dog no a bunch of times because he is to big to lay up on us.

I need another beer......

Has it occured to anyone beside me that if all of us do like this poster we are collectively hosed? He "don't believe in much but he believes he will have another beer" is fun in a time of fun.

We might be about to lose our country and western society and live like the Chinese. "Live free or die" was the motto of 1776 and "freedom is NOT free" are some thoughts we can share politely.
edit on 26-1-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Deleted. Quote made it look as if it was someone else’s comment.
edit on 26/1/2019 by Lab4Us because: Formatting

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
a reply to: Onlyyouknow

Who in their right mind would vote to stop their own money flow?

Someone who feared the consequences of NOT voting to end the scheme we all NOW SEE?

(post by soundguy removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

I'll bet you get beat up a lot on the playground, don't you?

That you intentionally blind yourself to Pelosi and her BS just proves out your true identity...as the kid licking the windows on the short bus.

Pelosi doesn't get to decide whether the President gives a SOTU address or not.

Wow!

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

You are correct she doesnt get to decide if the president makes his sotu address... but she can sure tell him where he is not making it.... fact.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   
If trump can’t make the SOTU address in the capital, you think that’ll stop him?
He’ll probably one up them and do it in front of Nancy Pelosi’s house

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

And if the Senate says give it in the House chambers then there is an official impasse of indecision between the House and Senate over a special circumstance...House is adjourned.

Congrats.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

And if the Senate says give it in the House chambers then there is an official impasse of indecision between the House and Senate over a special circumstance...House is adjourned.

Congrats.

Well, since it is the POTUS giving it. He should always get to decide. Correct me if I'm wrong, but a POTUS using the floor of the House of the peoples Congress to give a SOTU being only if a SOTH allows is not in the Constitution that I know.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Out of something like 203 State of the Union addresses in the USA, only 95 of them have been given in the House of Representatives.

history.house.gov...
edit on 26-1-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join