It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi says she still will not allow SOTU in Capital after government reopens

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: SailorJerry

Were tired of the corruption, were tired of people whose paychecks are 100k-200K becoming multi multi millionaires after just a few years in DC. There was a time when everyone in those branches of the gov had to actually keep a real 1st job, because that one didnt pay enough and there wasnt the crooked bs going on that there is today.

I get it, and agree. However, what are 'we' doing about it?

Hoping the next guy is better than the last guy is about it.

Were not doing anything other than trying to vote in people to change it, but honestly, how can we hope that 1 man can change all of DC?

I have seen over my many years, some really great men and women go to DC , only to be tainted and baptized into corruption. It truly is a place, I think that tries mens souls and conviction.

We have to be more active as a people, and over the last 5 years I do have to say thats jumped greatly.

Im quite sure that our founding fathers would be spinning like a lathe in their grave wondering why we havent started mass civil disobedience.

And I often wonder what it will take, to finally push us over that edge, will we go quietly into the night ranting and bleeting like sheep on Twitter and facebook as our country is turned into an empty husk of even what it was before 1776, or will we finally take a stand.

Sadly, I feel that the country may lack the backbone for the latter, at least, I dont think in my time left I will see it.
edit on 25-1-2019 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Were tired of the corruption, were tired of people whose paychecks are 100k-200K becoming multi multi millionaires after just a few years in DC. There was a time when everyone in those branches of the gov had to actually keep a real 1st job, because that one didnt pay enough and there wasnt the crooked bs going on that there is today.

I get it, and agree. However, what are 'we' doing about it?

Hoping the next guy is better than the last guy is about it.

I think we take a long hard look at term limits for reps and senators. Also, lets eliminate lobbyists interaction with them. Add a law that no reps or senators nor their husbands/wives/partners/spouses participate in stock buying or selling while in office. We need to stop their money flow. That is the only way.

edit on 25-1-2019 by Onlyyouknow because: Add

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Onlyyouknow

Who in their right mind would vote to stop their own money flow?

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I can't wait to see Schumer and Pelosi's melt-down after Trump nominates the next Supreme Court Justice. They will be totally absolutely powerless. That's going to be extra fun to watch now!

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
a reply to: Onlyyouknow

Who in their right mind would vote to stop their own money flow?

They wouldn't, that is the problem. Term limits may mitigate the situation though. Then we could get the other ideas added. One small step at a time, isn't that how they in government make changes?
edit on 25-1-2019 by Onlyyouknow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Thank goodness, you came across as real Tiger, I didn't want to yank your chain. lol

just playing with you.

My cousin is a grammar nazi, sorry.
edit on 25-1-2019 by Sapphire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Pelosi's pettiness proudly portrayed.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sapphire

Thank goodness, you came across as real Tiger, I didn't want to yank your chain. lol

just playing with you.

Lol, thats quite alright, Im an old man so I dont care much anymore what people think, and I dont mean that as being mean, Ive just gotten to the point where Ive got more behind me than I have ahead of me.

If I can do something that makes a positive impact before I leave for the next adventure, then thats a bonus.

If I irritate people, well, I feel like I have earned that right, hell theyve been irritating me for over 60 yrs

Much love my Canadian friend.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

just playing with you.

Lol, thats quite alright, Im an old man so I dont care much anymore what people think, and I dont mean that as being mean, Ive just gotten to the point where Ive got more behind me than I have ahead of me.

If I can do something that makes a positive impact before I leave for the next adventure, then thats a bonus.

If I irritate people, well, I feel like I have earned that right, hell theyve been irritating me for over 60 yrs

No problem, that was great lol, thank you my American friend, I enjoyed this.
h
edit on 25-1-2019 by Sapphire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

just playing with you.

No problem, that was great lol, thank you my American friend, I very much appreciate your humour, I enjoyed that.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Will Not Discuss with Trump Until Government Reopened

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   
RECALL / CENSURE NANCY PELOSI!!!!

ETA...take her gavel and shove it, sideways, where the Sun don't shine!!

America is DONE with this ANTI-American!!
edit on 1/25/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

So, is there any kind of law that prevents him from making the State of the Union Address from another location like the Oval Office or somewhere? Seeing as how the speech is supposed to be to inform the citizens of what's what and the news crews would be there to air it regardless of where he makes the speech what difference does it make? Let Chuck and Nancy watch it on live television like all of us little people!

give the speech at another location and then stop Pelosi and Schumer from attending, you may be on to something. That would be poetic justice.

The actual war is about having a real SOTU address.

If there was one then Pelosi and Schumer would have to attend, you see.. on camera. So you could watch their faces while he gave his speech.

Then the Supreme Court would have to attend and then we could check out Ruth..

Being ATS and all;
Makes me wonder if Old Tough as Nails' Ginsburg's status may be the reasoning behind this whole SOTU debacle.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Just takes the Dems to figure out that a vote of No Confidence in time will keep their seat at the bargaining table. Otherwise victory will be a very misunderstood thing that was all too shortly lived.

I bet they don’t figure it out in time. There are celebrations and dancing in the streets to be had.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chickensalad

So, is there any kind of law that prevents him from making the State of the Union Address from another location like the Oval Office or somewhere? Seeing as how the speech is supposed to be to inform the citizens of what's what and the news crews would be there to air it regardless of where he makes the speech what difference does it make? Let Chuck and Nancy watch it on live television like all of us little people!

give the speech at another location and then stop Pelosi and Schumer from attending, you may be on to something. That would be poetic justice.

If there was one then Pelosi and Schumer would have to attend, you see.. on camera. So you could watch their faces while he gave his speech.

Being ATS and all;
Makes me wonder if Old Tough as Nails' Ginsburg's status may be the reasoning behind this whole SOTU debacle.

SOTU being delayed until Ginsburg is able to be present?

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Chickensalad

Being ATS and all;

SOTU being delayed until Ginsburg is able to be present?

Or they're just saving face on her behalf.
Is she getting better or discussing hospice care with the family?
Nobody really knows.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Nancy Pelosi reminds me of that bad witch. Maybe a house will land on top of her.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Pelosi has personally demonstrated that she believes she is more powerful than even the POTUS.

She is just a "representative" who 'represents' NOTHING American's believe in!

She needs to GO!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Nancy Pelosi reminds me of that bad witch. Maybe a house will land on top of her.

Love it.

I think of the witch from Hansel and Gretel luring the children into the oven.

edit on 26-1-2019 by Onlyyouknow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Wait until Pelosi's bills start being rejected by the man she hates so much. That will put her back in the real world.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join