It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi says she still will not allow SOTU in Capital after government reopens

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Sapphire

Pelosi is next in line to be President no?

No , that would be the vice president

link   
a reply to: Bicent

He is, and I wish we had someone like Trump in Canada. I'm not the only one who thinks so.

link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

Ok thank you, President/Vice either/or would be a horror show if that cow got in.
edit on 25-1-2019 by Sapphire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sapphire

Ok thank you, President/Vice both would be a horror show if that cow got in.

Youre not joking, Lets just hope nothing happens to either one of them to facilitate that absolute atrocity.

Just another reason we so desperately need term limits, that needs to be the very very next order of business.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Beautiful! lol

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari
LOL; you are so right. I truly loathe her. You had a major point about Ginsberg's appearance as well. Very very interesting.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I can see you hate Trump, but he's done more good than any leader since.. Yeah since your grandad can remember.

www.slate.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   
When Trump signs the coming EO, Democrats will be _hitting bricks to build it.

+6 more 
link   
Pelosi has been Speaker for less than a month and already has had a shutdown, a postponed SOTU Address and...maybe a No Confidence vote before Feb 15 to avoid Trump kicking Democrats from the bargaining table with a State of Emergency?

Awesome job.

link   
Can we please get highschool mentality out of politics and act as grown ups? I'm talking about both sides.

I'm just sitting over here watching, no ,ignoring this crap show.

Drinking my beer, working , and collecting my checks.

Taking my wife out for some seafood tomorrow and a few beers. Picking up my new work truck on Monday and getting my new gas card.

Telling my dog no a bunch of times because he is to big to lay up on us.

I need another beer......

link   

I can see you hate Trump,

.....how in the world could you draw that conclusion?
edit on 25-1-2019 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Its quote unfortunate that the President has given up his struggle; it was a dumb reason for an Presidential vs Confrentaionnal show down ... but it was the one we had ... and now it's over.

Now Congress will go back to the "do nothing" veriaty it has been for the last three decades ... only now they know for sure that they can out last the American people.

Don't expect anything important to ever be addressed; DACA and immigration reform will never be solved; our failing infrastructure will crumble; health care will become completely unaffordable and ect .... because Congressman (whether left or right) now know that the American people will never hold out for more than a few weeks with the government "shutdown" ... we just don't have it in us to demand better from them.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Sadly my dear fellow members.. All thing come to a beginning and an end.

Our forefathers had a good dream. We just got stupid and corrupt in the end.

Sadly many forgot how good democracy was and the reason the constitution was created and what and why we fought for freedom.. hum hoo

edit on 25-1-2019 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The SOTU was postponed. It's not a good idea to try and rush it now. The airports are still reeling from the shut down, and so are the FBI and the Secret Service. Heck, even the White House switchboard was down! It's going to take a little time to get everything up and running smoothly.

In the meantime, Trump wants the pomp and circumstance. He wants the band playing Hail to the Chief when he walks out. He wants to see everyone stand and cheer his entrance. He wants all the fanfare the day promises, including maybe a White House cocktail party, dinner? IDK, but I don't think the event should be rushed, now.

Trump wants everyone that's supposed to be there, there - Both houses of Congress, all of his cabinet, all of the Supreme Court Judges, all of his diplomatic envoys...and all of their families. They all need time to book travel tickets, hotels, etc., to be in DC by Tuesday, and dressed to the nines.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Am I wrong? I'm sorry.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

The airports are still reeling from the shut down, and so are the FBI and the Secret Service.

NO they arent, there has been 1 issue with the airports as far as flights coming in and delayed landings due to traffick, thats literally it. I know 3 airport controllers, one at Ohare, one in Dallas, and one in Seattle, they say everything is running normal, and word around the country is the same

And the FBI and Secret Service arent part of the organizations affected by the shutdown, so this part of your statement is just total BS. But im not surprised, you quite often run off about things you dont actually know about.

Heck, even the White House switchboard was down! It's going to take a little time to get everything up and running smoothly.

No, it wont, it literally will start back to normal capacity almost over night.

In the meantime, Trump wants the pomp and circumstance. He wants the band playing Hail to the Chief when he walks out. He wants to see everyone stand and cheer his entrance. He wants all the fanfare the day promises, including maybe a White House cocktail party, dinner? IDK, but I don't think the event should be rushed, now.

No he wants a State of the Union address like it has been done for years, but if he cant get that he will do it at another venue or even the whitehouse, hes stated as such. Hes also doing a damn good job of exposing the virulent ineptitude of the left quite nicely.

They all need time to book travel tickets, hotels, etc., to be in DC by Tuesday, and dressed to the nines.

Almost as fast as Nancy and others flying their family to Afghanistan and Europe for another one of their "retreats"

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Am I wrong? I'm sorry.

You are wrong yes, but dont be sorry im not that easily offended

Im critical when he deserves critique, and I applaud him when he does the right thing. I want our president to succeed, and im proud of a lot of the things hes done.

But I have never been one to be all in on any president or political figure, they need to have their feet held to the fire as much as they need to be championed when they do whats right.

It keeps them remembering who they work for, unfortunately over the last 30 years or more , we have become so polarized that seldom happens by the PEOPLE, anymore, and they play party lines over principles.

that being said, Trumps particular form of Firebrand is refreshing, it has sent the radicals in an absolute frenzy exposing themselves on both sides, which I think is badly needed.
edit on 25-1-2019 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
1. Adjourn the House.
2. Declare the Emergency.
3. Defund states with sanctuary cities.
4. Federal takeover of sanctuary cities by removal of mayors and city councils.
5. Profit

I could not have said it better myself

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   

And the FBI and Secret Service arent part of the organizations affected by the shutdown, so this part of your statement is just total BS.

Secret Service was working without pay, and non -essential employees were furloughed. Same thing with the FBI. Did you miss Christopher Wray's message to his employees?

FBI Director Chris Wray sent a video message to agents Thursday evening offering his support during the government shutdown, which has caused about 800,000 federal workers to miss two paychecks. The video was a strong rebuke of the shutdown, and an encouragement to agents to keep going even as they are furloughed or working without pay.

"Making some people stay home when they don't want to, and making others show up without pay–it's mind-boggling, it's short-sighted, and it's unfair," Wray said in the video. "It takes a lot to get me angry, but I'm about as angry as I've been in a long, long time."
ws/fbi-director-christophe

No, it wont, it literally will start back to normal capacity almost over night.

They'll be a lot of backlog.

No he wants a State of the Union address like it has been done for years, but if he cant get that he will do it at another venue or even the whitehouse, hes stated as such.

Trump says in a pair of tweets Wednesday night that he's not looking for an alternative venue "because there is no venue that can compete with the history, tradition and importance of the House Chamber."
newsok.com...

Besides, the House still has to vote on a resolution for the date of the SOTU.

Almost as fast as Nancy and others flying their family to Afghanistan and Europe for another one of their "retreats"

Whatever...

edit on 25-1-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Were tired of the corruption, were tired of people whose paychecks are 100k-200K becoming multi multi millionaires after just a few years in DC. There was a time when everyone in those branches of the gov had to actually keep a real 1st job, because that one didnt pay enough and there wasnt the crooked bs going on that there is today.

I get it, and agree. However, what are 'we' doing about it?

Hoping the next guy is better than the last guy is about it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join