It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi says she still will not allow SOTU in Capital after government reopens

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Link

Please, before you comment watch the video. Again, these two think they are 'winning' but they are far from it. The President reopened the government today to allow the people to be paid instead of continuing to hold out for his policy. A fair trade in my mind. He never wanted to hurt the people he just wants Congress to do not only what is right but what they have done in the past.

Listen to the laugh. The look on Schumers face. They care NOTHING about you but still you want to commend them and say they are in charge and not the president. These two are in for a yuuuuuge suprise, legally, if they try to block the SOTU in the Capital Building.

But, now that the government is reopening on Friday, more than a month into the shutdown–and the Friday before the originally scheduled date for the State of the Union–Pelosi is not agreeing to give Trump the platform of the House chamber to deliver the speech next week. It remains to be seen if she will let him give the speech on Jan. 29, or if she will make him wait until a later date.

So, she is rescinding her offer. She is breaking a promise. She is making a very very big mistake. She wants him to come begging. The right thing to do for the POTUS would be to have the meeting and have the SOTU.

These are the dems that the president have been fighting...

Link

After President Donald Trump agreed on Friday to open the government for three weeks, Rep. Karen Bass (D-CA), the chair of the Congressional Black Caucus (CBC), said House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) should just give the State of the Union address “since she’s obviously the one running the country.”

Wait till Trump is reelected and the OE's fly...

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Surprise?

Politicians don't give a crap about you?

Anyone who really thinks these people do are hopeless.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   
This is another gem. So full of themselves...

Link

“Have I not been clear on the wall?” Speaker Nancy Pelosi told reporters Friday when one asked if Democrats would continue to object to wall funding in the upcoming negotiations. “I’ve been very clear.” Senate Minority Leader Charles E.

Schumer was more direct: “Democrats are against the wall.” Trump agreed to reopen government “without preconditions,” the New York Democrat noted, as he proudly pointed out that the agreement endorses the position Democrats have held throughout the shutdown.

“Our unity is our power,” Pelosi said. “And that is what maybe the president underestimated.”

He underestimated nothing. She is not the authority. The country is. The voters...or so we all think.

+18 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   

So they have doubled down, tripled down and now quadrupled down on stupid...

I'm guessing they are all gassed up on getting a statistical normal win in the House on a midterm and are completely ignoring their Senate fail.

I....

This is just funny.

Let's see what average voters think.

I didn't use to think that the 3-D chess thing was anything but a joke.

But the Dem's now can't even seem to grasp the concept of playing marbles.

Is enough of America now this dumbed down, indoctrinated and ready to vote that this strategy is going to work for the Democrats?

Have the Democrats forgot how they lost the 2016 election?

edit on 25-1-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   
These leftist polticans don't give a crap about their own people either.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   

She did not say it would not happen. She said they need to "discuss a date". That is a far cry from, not happening.

I do however, think it should be Tuesday as originally scheduled.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2

She did not say it would not happen. She said they need to "discuss a date". That is a far cry from, not happening.

They already said that it isn't possible now and are going to try for the Tuesday after next.

+24 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Is it time to march on Washington?

When the Speaker states she won't let our President speak in our House, she needs a "come to Jesus meeting."

Sounds like a Hannity opportunity.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

They already said that it isn't possible now and are going to try for the Tuesday after next.

Right, which is not what the OP, suggests. I still do not see why it cant be Tuesday.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I smell EO #138xx 😎

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I have had enough of Pelosi and Schumer. Time for the President to just end this, declare a national emergency to get the funds, then let it go to the courts to challenge it, like we know they will do. Let's just get on with it.....this is going nowhere.
edit on pm11201919America/Chicago25p08pm by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: iplay1up2

No Wall big Stall 🤣

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Honestly, I feel like this is what he gets for trying to play ball with them. Time and time again, they've shown to be nothing but absolute scum.

He made a tentative agreement that was favorable, and they see it as weakness.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso

When the Speaker states she won't let our President speak in our House, she needs a "come to Jesus meeting."

18 years ago was that time, at least.

+36 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   
1. Adjourn the House.
2. Declare the Emergency.
3. Defund states with sanctuary cities.
4. Federal takeover of sanctuary cities by removal of mayors and city councils.
5. Profit

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Right, which is not what the OP, suggests. I still do not see why it cant be Tuesday.

Because they (Democrats) said it wasn't possible anymore for this Tuesday and will I guess enter negotiations for the Tuesday after.

The party of No and all.. LOL

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso

They are starting to get drunk on their own power, even more so than normal. This woman thinks she now has more power than the President, you can see it in just about every action she takes and every statement she makes.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   

So, is there any kind of law that prevents him from making the State of the Union Address from another location like the Oval Office or somewhere? Seeing as how the speech is supposed to be to inform the citizens of what's what and the news crews would be there to air it regardless of where he makes the speech what difference does it make? Let Chuck and Nancy watch it on live television like all of us little people!

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist
I have had enough of Pelosi and Schumer. Time for the President to just end this, declare a national emergency to get the funds, then let it go to the courts to challenge it, like we know they will do. Let's just get on with it.....this is going nowhere.

Which is exactly why he did what he did for the last month.

The left will miss this completely because of their TDS, but all he did the last month was grew his base for 2020.

He just got a sh!tload of airtime to prove his case for the wall, while the other side just said... we won't pass even though we did it before because orange man bad.

He made them show their asses.

edit on 25-1-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

So, is there any kind of law that prevents him from making the State of the Union Address from another location like the Oval Office or somewhere? Seeing as how the speech is supposed to be to inform the citizens of what's what and the news crews would be there to air it regardless of where he makes the speech what difference does it make? Let Chuck and Nancy watch it on live television like all of us little people!

give the speech at another location and then stop Pelosi and Schumer from attending, you may be on to something. That would be poetic justice.
edit on pm11201919America/Chicago25p08pm by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join