It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suggestions for consoling a dog

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I'm so sorry irish..
I hope Imp is running free and happy and watching over you all now. Like many here I know the pain and grief all too well.
My animals all grieved too when we lost someone..it's really heart wrenching to watch. If you can, I would stay home tomorrow especially if no one else can be home with your husky.
I don't know if this will help..but, sometimes I slip into a deep meditative state unexpectedly. The last time this happened, I looked around me and all of my beloved companions were RIGHT there, jumping to me and nuzzling. I said "THERE you are!" and I got back, "We never left!" I got the impression that we are truly just separated by a thin but impenetrable veil, they are just waiting for us to cross it and join them.
Sending lots of cyber hugs to you

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 04:50 AM
link   
So I wake up, and the last pet that claimed me was laying on the bed exactly where imp liked to lay with her head pressed against my leg.

She did similar behavior when my old cat passed away last spring, gotta remember she is still here and make sure she feels the love as well.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

This post broke my heart when I saw it yesterday. I love dogs and cats and know what it's like to lose one. Three in such a short time is horrible. I hope you and the rest of the family (including the pets) find your way through this but I know you will never forget them.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   

What a sad time, my condolences to you. We have a golden retriever who has taken the place of our empty house since our children now have families of their own. I and many others who have owned a dog or cat can totally relate to your loss.

Maybe have him run around with other dogs at a dog park may help him take his mind off his loss and move on.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   
So sorry for your loss.

I know your pain, I had to put my beloved Labrador, Shelby, down a few months ago and it still hurts some days. The other two dogs looked high and low for Shelby after she was gone. We had actually gotten the ACD in part to be her buddy, and he doted on her. At least he and the Shepard had each other after Shelby was gone.

I don't think there was a single day where Shelby's big ol' rudder of a tail wasn't wagging. Even when she could barely move after being bitten by a rattlesnake, she'd still manage a few thumps of her tail when you walked in the room. Through love and caring she survived and that big ol' tail always wagged. But one day the pain just got to be too much and her tail didn't wag anymore, and I knew it was time. She had lived a long and happy life (14 years, which is pretty long for a Lab), and it wasn't fair to her to ask her to endure any longer. Had to say goodbye that day, and it was the hardest thing I ever had to do. Lost four dogs before her over the years, but she was by far the hardest. I stayed with her and comforted her until the end...it was the least I could do. I know she would have gladly done the same.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   
He needs a new friend.

Go rescue one and make him part of your family

Husky will start tearing things up if you leave him alone.

And, if my dogs aren’t in Heaven...I’m not going.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: apydomis
Tskr him for an unleashed walk

That is not a good idea with a Husky!

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Having lost one of my two puppers last year, I had to console my Emmy after Xerxes was put down. The first thing I made sure that I did was to have her there as we put him to sleep. There's always been something important about that to me. Dogs know the scent of life and also know when it leaves a body.

I wouldn't try to distract your husky, but rather sit and have a howl with him. Grieve together. Show him that the humans are still his pack and that pack drive is strong. Huskies are very pack driven. So include him in pack activities as much as possible.

There are some homeopathic drops that I used for a few days for my Emmy...but honestly I didn't see any difference in her behaviors at all.

Condolence to you. The loss of a pack member is very difficult. His body may be gone, but he's with you in spirit every day.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I second your opinion. Trying to walk my Huskies is the hardest thing, they seem to be set on pulling as a default. I've tried to speak to trainers to get it out of them but have been told its in their DNA so it can't be helped. They are bred to pull sleighs and be worker dogs so yeah I'm not so sure a walk without a leash is a great idea either.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Actually while living in germany we got to the point where I could have both dogs off leash for a several kilometer walk without a problem... unless a rabbit or a deer ran in front of them then I had to run a marathon to catch up to them when they lost sight of the animal.
Imperius would always run home and sit on the door step barking to be let in, but Koahku (the husky) had to be found and brought back.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join