It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Border Wall Funding - Should President Trump Negotiate Down from 5.7 Billion Dollars.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

There HAS to be a contingency plan already in place for this in the event of pandemic or similar emergency already.

100% certain they have more than one plan for this.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Then why didn't he do it weeks ago if it's such a sure thing?

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Then why didn't he do it weeks ago if it's such a sure thing?

Because there is a 2020 Presidential election coming up.

The optics now are....

Trump stayed at the White House though Christmas break to try to make a deal with the Democrats.

The Democrats went world-cruising, doing Hawaii, a fundraiser in Puerto Rico and were stopped short on another gunket by Trump when he grounded their plane, citing budget concerns.

Pelosi is right now in charge of the House of Representatives... you know, where appropriation bills start.

She could have stopped this at any time.

Trump is still there, Democrats refuse to even talk about appropriating a bill that they already votd for and appropriated for 3 times the amount that Trump is asking for... for the same thing.

Getting the federal workers paid? Trump just did that, with no concessions for DACA or Amnesty or anything... while it appears the Democrats cared less about it.

Now he gives them three weeks to make a deal because they asked for three weeks to make a deal and now they are saying thank you for the three weeks, but no deal.

He totally exposed them, on camera with soundbites.

Now he can just do it and the average American citizen is OK with it because he tried, they didn't do squat.

Think more than a day ahead.

edit on 25-1-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Deport all of the Progressive Democrats and Communists to Mexico. Mexico will build the wall for us!

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Trump makes great deals as he says. Let's see if he walks the walk...or if the bone spurs will be acting up.

Bone spurs... that bastard!

I was going to vote for him next time but it turns out he has a physical condition that made him fail a military physical.

I think we should rise up against all people with bone spurs and build a wall to keep them out!!!

The word sophomoric comes to mind...

On topic, yes, let's see what three weeks will bring.

Again, I understand why he did it... it is really good PR for 2020.

I find it funny that the left is assuming this is the end of the movie though when we're in the 2nd scene...

Like trump said, just enjoy the ride. America is great again. We got exactly what we asked for.

If you would care to turn off CNN and look at our economy right now and the direction our country is going, do you see it as a bad thing?

OK, you would see the direction as bad, because we are swinging back to nationalism instead of globalism, but the other part?

You know, the part about our citizens doing better financially?

How is that bad to you?

Sure sure . Please tell me what else I like or watch or hate. 😁

We're heading in a great direction! Enjoy the ride!

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Oh the things people tell themselves to keep the ego afloat

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Let's face it. The Dems have never been serious about border security. Under Pelosi and Schumer, negotiation for wall funding is a non-starter. There's a reason beside just her pettiness and not wanting Trump to fulfill a promise he made to all Americans to keep us safe and protect our border.

If the Mexican president could take $100,000,000 in bribe money from the El Chapo drug organization, don't you think it is possible our own politicians are taking bribes, too? I definitely do.

The Dems talk the talk, but they don't walk the walk.

We finally have a president that can get the job done, on time and under budget, and suddenly they think a strong border wall or barrier is immoral?!! Are Americans really that partisan? This is about all of us, not just R's or D's.

Drug cartels, traffickers, smuggling rings, and who knows what other illicit activities are probably putting money in the pockets of some of our own politicians. The politicians don't worry about the communities that have to put up with these social ills. They're nice and safe in their high-dollar houses with security all around them. The rest of Americans can eat cake as far as the Nancy Pelosis of the country care.

We have yet another horde even bigger than the last two on their way.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

It might also prevent Jim's family from being T-Boned at an intersection by drunk-driving Juarez, who's thinking about coming here illegally in 2020.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

One of the WhiteHouse attorney's said this evening that because an Emergency Declaration would be in effect, the legal challenge would be "fast tracked" to the Supreme Court. In the meantime, construction would be well underway.

It's started already, as a matter of fact. The DHS allocated funds for the ongoing barrier construction are running out though.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Why then didn't the house and Senate quickly push funding for the wall 2 years ago when it was a Republican majority....

It seems like the Republicans are the ones whom weren't serious about border security and issues. They knew the midterms were coming, they had a huge momentum coming in 2017, they had all the votes they could ever needed plus Pence's signature just in case.

Of all the Bill's and EOs trump passed with relative ease since 2017, he waited literally a couple of years to engage in his biggest campaign promise ...

his mental followers have their heads so deep that they can only seem to blame everyone BUT trump for his ongoing failures...

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 04:29 AM
link   

I was just saying this same thing in another thread. I agree with you 100%. I think President Trump needs to just get it over with and declare. I do not agree with less than 5.7 Billion. I want 20 Billion.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Most of the land has already been purchased.

No it hasn't.

Any holdouts will be compensated and land seized, after the Executive Order is implemented.

I can't believe anyone is okay with this.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

President Trump should have issued the Executive Order to start wall construction after Nancy Pelosi said, "Not $1 for your wall!", and flew off to Hawaii. The shutdown would have lasted less than a week.

BTW.. DHS will have 120 miles of tall barrier construction completed before the end of this year. It began in 2017.

Dec2018 DHS Update: www.dhs.gov...

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   
If he wants it that bad he should build it himself.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Trump makes great deals as he says. Let's see if he walks the walk...or if the bone spurs will be acting up.

Bone spurs... that bastard!

I was going to vote for him next time but it turns out he has a physical condition that made him fail a military physical.

I think we should rise up against all people with bone spurs and build a wall to keep them out!!!

The word sophomoric comes to mind...

The implication is that he doesn't really have bone spurs and if he does, they aren't nearly bad enough to get a medical excuse to dodge the draft. Do you really think any son of a millionaire or billionaire would be deployed to Vietnam because of the draft? Maybe there were a few, never read stats on it, but I highly doubt its more than that if any at all. Couldn't people with certain medical issues work stateside in the Armed Forces to help the war effort? Bone spurs trump all other problems as an excuse to not even wear boots, perfect.

John Kerry and John Mccain both deployed, both were in combat. Mccain became a prisoner and even he was insulted by Trump himself by saying "War heros don't become prisoners" or something similar. We saw what happened to John Kerry with the swift boat nonsense.

Politics are getting disgustingly ugly. Always were, but it's different now with news being read and viewed by most people, it being more accurate, social media, smartphones, computers and internet. I don't really get involved in the arguing and # talking on the internet anymore because, here's why: It's a waste of time, changes nothing, noone. There's no real victories won or battles lost on the internet. Even mainstream media like CNN and Fox is becoming so obviously biased towards one political party, so over-dramatic, so whiney, that you can't really trust what you're even reading anymore. The mere fact that it's an article picked for the front page of a major media website sets off red flags, it's getting ridiculously sad. I notice it with most articles on CNN and Fox, not opinion articles, I don't waste my time with those. Everyone saying the same thing all the time; this is right, this is wrong, this is who is at fault, here's why. Solves nothing, changes nothing, only people already sympathetic to that side or in agreement with the opinion article, before it's read, even read those. You choose the corporation that provides you news because you already like what they have to say, their slant or angle, and who they champion or put down, demonize.

Who grows up in a family household where it's encouraged or acceptable to view and follow different media than the parents? It's okay, you can watch CNN and be influenced by the liberals slowly over time, thus not only losing a Republican but also with the shame on our family and our failure as parents from raising you "right" son, go ahead. We won't talk ill of it, the people on it, the opinions of it, we won't even comment or be displeased with you for having it on the TV when we walk by.
edit on 1/26/2019 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: markjames
If he wants it that bad he should build it himself.

Chuck Schumer just said that Democrats want everything for border security except a wall or physical structure. What a freaking idiot!

I don't know why President Trump is putting up with this crap. He has the ability to get additional wall structures built starting tomorrow.

The Department of Homeland Security is finishing up 150 miles worth right now. President Trump can just pick it up from there and keep it going.

Perhaps he enjoys having confrontations with Democrats, which is why he endorsed Nancy Pelosi for Speaker of the House.
edit on 1/26/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 03:58 AM
link   

President Trump answered my question (the thread title) on Sunday.

Nothing less than $5.7 Billion will be acceptable.
www.foxnews.com...

BRAVO Mr. President! Now you're getting back into the "leadership" mode that we voted for.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   

More Democrats are starting to follow their heart and common sense. Nasty Nancy and Cold-hearted Chuck are losing their effectiveness as mind-control power freaks.

Story: www.westernjournal.com...

Regardless of who is for/against continuation of border wall construction, President Trump is standing firm... AT LEAST $5.7 Billion, or it's the E.O. Emergency declaration...not later than Feb 15th @ 11:59pm Eastern.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   
For perspective, the Federal Government spent $2.1 Billion taxpayer dollars to build a WEB SITE! That was the cost of constructing www.HealthCare.gov, up to 2014.

Source: www.bloomberg.com...

Even $10 Billion for a few hundred miles of US-Mex border barriers is very reasonable, when compared to $2.1 Billion for a freakin website.
edit on 1/30/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   

California has a nearly complete barrier/fence/wall "What Me Worry"...Nancy Pelosi@myrealworld hasnt spoken about pulling it down (for moral reasons); re-allocate those materials to AZ or TX.
edit on 30-1-2019 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join