It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hush (I Can't Say What I Want To)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterMcKill

I proudly announce my first decision as your new dadaist for human resources and opinion management: fire them instantly with this clip:

This is free advise, you're the best boss I've never had. Dada siegt!

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   

edit on 25-1-2019 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

We tolerate it because we need to live and until enough people decide it's bad enough that they're willing to really swing the pendulum back to true liberality, we can't move forward very easily.

Exactly. But that is what Discordianism is all about. Control of the pendulum. We oppose whomever claims to be in charge, no matter what. I am the Pope. You are too. This is not meant as sacrilege. It is meant as revelation. It also has nothing to do with the Pope. I am the Walrus. But they shot that guy. Ya dig?

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

If youre not ruffling feathers then you're not getting anything done, meaning it just comes with the territory. Even apolitical celebrity types get death threats and stalkers.

What to do when people are afraid to ruffle the real feathers?

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   

That's not a concept I can relate to.

Have you seen m work?

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I have a friend whom is a natripath , he was writing a thesis on people that didn't vaccinate their kids, we live in a hippy area and quite a few parents don't vaccinate here.

He had to he really careful how he worded it and couldn't say anything negative about vaccines as the pharmaceutical companies would have ruined him, so even with that truth was sacrificed. We let unfettered capitalism seeds this mess, corporations now wield so much power they can literally steer " the truth".

Indeed. And yet, my children seem to be just fine, sans-vaccine. You can't tell the truth. So I ask us all. How do we tell the truth when we are not allowed to tell the truth?

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Indeed. And yet, my children seem to be just fine, sans-vaccine. You can't tell the truth. So I ask us all. How do we tell the truth when we are not allowed to tell the truth?

How do you tell a truth when you can't even get people to agree that the truth exists in today's world?

The post modern, moral relativist doesn't believe there is a truth, only your own truth, and if there is no truth, no single, objective truth, does anyone really need to tell the truth?

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterMcKill

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I have a friend whom is a natripath , he was writing a thesis on people that didn't vaccinate their kids, we live in a hippy area and quite a few parents don't vaccinate here.

He had to he really careful how he worded it and couldn't say anything negative about vaccines as the pharmaceutical companies would have ruined him, so even with that truth was sacrificed. We let unfettered capitalism seeds this mess, corporations now wield so much power they can literally steer " the truth".

Make lots of money, control enough wealth and in turn you can influence people with your version of the truth.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   

..."...
Are you willing to say what is really on your mind? ..."...

Nope.
This here mind is an egotistical, judgmental wretch.
It is self-interested, short-sighted, and doesn't care about any potential consequences.
It is not loving, it is egotistical.

Your mileage may vary.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Respect! DJMcK177 approves!

And the point is well-taken. The problem is that the people that understand the underlying situation, such as Maynard, are not politicians. They are too smart for that. Hence the problem.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

..."...

Nope.
It is self-interested, short-sighted, and doesn't care about any potential consequences.

Your mileage may vary.

And there you have it. Your real name, good sir or madam?

And there it is. You cannot, B/C T&C. But also, as you say, you do not want to/and/or/fear to do for whatever reasons. Where does that leave us?

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

How do you tell a truth when you can't even get people to agree that the truth exists in today's world?

The post modern, moral relativist doesn't believe there is a truth, only your own truth, and if there is no truth, no single, objective truth, does anyone really need to tell the truth?

And here I am, wondering how I am supposed to function in this day and age. People won't even tell the truth about themselves anymore...

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Correct. No argument here. So I ask you: how can the poor tell the truth?

And we all know the answer.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   

But maybe that's the point.

If we've broken down to the point where they've trained people to think there is no objective truth -- no right, no wrong, then all that matters is who controls the narrative and the version of the truth they control and feed us.

If that's the world we live in now, then what we see happening makes total sense. They may not even believe that what they're pushing is the truth in any objective sense. All that matters is that no one can speak any other truth to compete with what they allow us to hear.

And as I said above, at that point, no one will care until it gets bad enough that people push back in sufficient numbers. I think the election of Trump was a sign of that sort of pushback, not because I think Trump is any great prize, but because they told us so hard that Hillary was going to be our next president and too many people said effectively, "Eff you!"

But they still carry the day in far too many ways in far too many arguments and venues.
edit on 25-1-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   

“It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
― George Orwell, 1984

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

“It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
― George Orwell, 1984

You have it exactly. The destruction of words is the destruction of any semblance of reality. I wish my Library Science and English peeps would stand up to the Psychologists and Sociologists... but there is an hierarchy in the academic crowd. And if you are conservative, you are not a part of it. And remember, "a word contains its opposite in itself", to add to your quote. That is how it is done. The good guys don't cheat, so what do you end up with?

Bad people in power while good people are too afraid to say anything about it.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

..."...

Nope.

Your mileage may vary.

And there you have it. Your real name, good sir or madam?

And there it is. You cannot, B/C T&C. But also, as you say, you do not want to/and/or/fear to do for whatever reasons. Where does that leave us?

'Real' name?
Given name? Legal name? Nickname? Username? Latin name? Species name?
Which name is 'real'?

We seem to be left with the usual follow-up questions, that have been posed by yourself and others, in the posts of this thread.
We could also explore some less usual questions, that most folks stay away from?

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I can't even say what I want to probably 80%+ of the time!!

Has absolutely nothing to do with T&C either!!

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Thats the problem with

the talented, intelligent, attractive people 
. They have too much too lose by telling the REAL truth.

You need FRESH BLOOD. Not seasoned talent. Hungry artists. Not industry schmoozers.

Anyway, I'd be interested to know more about this project. I think it sounds like a good idea. Not as good as My ideas of course. (😉 halfjoking of course, intended in good nature)

But I've a similar problem: Everyone around is too stupid to realize how good my ideas are or they're too afraid to try something completely new and different. It's pathetic. Fear and stupidity of the herd, those are the biggest roadblocks for the visionaries of today.

I applaud that you took effort towards seeing your vision materialize. I hope you will continue to keep us abreast of any new developments! 👍

I have more than a few controversial ideas of my own i would like to expound upon sometime. And I am curious if anyone else shares my own thoughts or have followed them as far as I have, or if they even led them to the same place. So I would be interested in perusing a site like that. I'm assuming it would be set up kind of like ATS? You said no T&Cs...so, would that mean its gonna be a user generated content site? I guess Im a little confused but either way I would be interested to know what kinds of things people had to say, whether they were random users or a paid writing staff.

edit on 1/26/2019 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 03:20 AM
link   

To answer your question, 🖐 I have been in many situations where I did not tell the truth because I feared the consequences.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join