It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And just like that Trump caves.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I don't think you can cut this any other way - Trump did in fact cave.

I can only imagine he saw internal polling numbers and decided he had lost the argument.
I think it should worry a lot of Americans.. it seems more and more like the left has managed to build up enough immigrant (legal and illegal) support to swing the balance of power their way.

Whatever...suggesting this is not a big loss for Trump and a big win for Pelosi is just not being reasonable.
Gotta take the licks when they are legitimate.

edit on 25/1/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

The thing is you miss read what I've wrote your Whole country is divided and you will accept anything your side says and same goes for the other it's mass mind kontrol, it's blue or red or left or right can you's not see what's happening, I guess your in too deep, conditioned to hate your fellow countrymen, to the point where you laugh at the murder of children cause they support the other side, f..king disgusting

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
You don’t realize how out of touch with America then rwnj’s are. Get out of your parents basement for a few, turn off the am hate radio and faux news for a some time and you might actually become worth talking to. Who am I kidding deplorables are incorrigible. a reply to: LSU2018

Why are you projecting? Is it the NPC programing?

We're out of touch, yet the majority of America feels that we need to fix a lot of things at home first. And Trump seems to be the one guy trying to do that, despite the resistance from both sides. You only care about what and how he's doing it. I care about it getting done at all.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
After the Dems voted no to paying the coast guard, and no to giving workers their first paycheck, Trump decided to win by doing this.

What do you think the workers will remember more, the dems taking a stand at their expense and going on vacation? Or Trump staying in town trying to come to a compromise, and opening the government anyway to get them some

This will not favor the Dems. Anyone who believes otherwise is politically ignorant.

So why did it take Trump 30+ days to act if this was a winning tactic?
who says it's over though?

What I see is a committed POTUS, doing what he feels best for what he promised his support base.

In doing so, displayed Democrat ignorance and inability to negotiate, deal and lead, rather, taking vacations to various areas around the world so much to the point that POTUS had to ground a very expensive and shady trip for the Dem leadership. All the while, staying at the WH, resolute and in good spirits.

The shutdown also revealed information on the state of our country, who was affected and how much money was being spend and what was getting cut.

No, we're not done yet.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

if he didn't give in he;s heartless if he gives in he's chicken your well named mate

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   
By 2020 the Trump admin still wont able to build the wall, just wait and see. I wouldn't hold my breath, if the Trump admin wanted he would already done the wall long before 2019.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

You don’t negotiate with hostage takers. He put the country and the workers in mortal danger for his political promise. Remember he said Mexico would pay not the American people.

If you don’t have the votes you don’t jeopardize the whole country for a political promise.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

it makes a lot of sense when he pulls the plug again he say he tried and the dems are at falt then he pulls out his card saying he has no choice tactics imyo

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

It was dumb of Trump to say that Mexico will pay for it. Just as dumb as the people who run around saying free healthcare and free education for everyone.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: AtlasHawk
By 2020 the Trump admin still wont able to build the wall, just wait and see. I wouldn't hold my breath, if the Trump admin wanted he would already done the wall long before 2019.

Boy, in just a few short years ruling by executive order has become acceptable for you, huh.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

You don’t negotiate with hostage takers. He put the country and the workers in mortal danger for his political promise. Remember he said Mexico would pay not the American people.

If you don’t have the votes you don’t jeopardize the whole country for a political promise.

Mortal danger? Hyperbole much? Damn. It was a partial shutdown. Non essential personnel. Mexico will pay for the wall because we will be keeping the money otherwise spent on trade under NAFTA for ourselves, under the new trade deal. He said Mexico will pay for the wall. Did he ever say Mexico would hand him a check for it personally? If so, provide the video.

Again, hyperbole much? The entire country was not jeopardized. Most people do not even feel the effects.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I dont say this lightly.

I think you may be a hypocrite.

Here is a thread accuses the tea party of shutting down the government when it shutdown when Obama was President.

Did you call out Obama for jeopardizing the country when he didnt have the votes?

Nope, you attacked the tea party.

The GOP Tea party is anti-human and ignorant with primate ethics. They are in the hands of the Koch type billionaires who desire to bring the country back to serfdom.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And this fellow atsers, is what we are dealing with.

Large groups of blatant hypocrites that will do anything to blame trump.
edit on 25-1-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Our views are too radically different, we'll never agree, you're just flat out wrong.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

He should have done it when GOP still controlled the House. But I don't think he wanted to.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

When the dems come back with an allowance for border security trump will accept it and move on.
Like Mexico paying for it the idea of the wall will fade into obscurity.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Wat the double post.
edit on 25-1-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I disagree.

Had he said, "Okay, Gov reopened, we tried, we're done, lets move on.."

I didn't see any of that, at all.

What I did see, was Trump getting tougher. A deadline is enacted, take that as you will, but calling it a cave in, no sirs.

link   

originally posted by: Cutepants

He should have done it when GOP still controlled the House. But I don't think he wanted to.

Hard to do that when NeoCon McCain was doing everything possible to block it, wouldn't you say?

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

But that NAFTA money doesn't belong to Mexico. You can't pay someone with their own money. If I trick you into giving me money and then buy you something with it, I'm not really paying. You are.
edit on 25-1-2019 by Cutepants because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Parkland kid: "he's just a child leave him alone!"

Sandmann: "Hitler youth! burn him at the stake for smirking!"

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join