It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And just like that Trump caves.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Can one of you explain how reopening the government for 3 weeks is caving?

Thank you for saying what SHOULD have been said in the OP.

How sad that so many here are beginning to sound just like CNN...

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: ManyMasks

Oh ? You have a different take on this?
Cuz from here.... he caved not once but twice this week... to Ms Nancy.

In reality, he just ended the shutdown temporarily. How you see it from your bubble may be different. No surprise there.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

What? My point is that the workers aren't so dumb as to love him for mercifully giving them their pay back, when he could have let them get payed all along. Whether they support him or not will depend on how important they think the wall is.

link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: Willtell
Trump with his stupid and immoral shutdown accomplished NOTHING. He has made Pelosi's stature rise 1000 degrees. He has been totally defeated.

I doubt her stature could've risen much higher in your eyes.

I never and don’t now like Pelosi. I think she’s a Zionist puppet

Only compared to Trump does she look good. Shuck’s, Obama is even Abe Lincoln compared to Trump

I can see Obama being compared to Lincoln, except Lincoln did more for those he didn't care about than Obama did.

link   
a reply to: Cutepants

Yes both parties are responsible.

Trump thought the shutdown was worth trying to secure the border.

What was the dems point in allowing the shutdown?

Nancy told us. Walls are immoral.

Yet she has voted for a very similar wall in the past.

So its clear her reason for the shutdown was to make trump look bad.

Now you may disagree with the wall, but at least trump fought for something that led to having a shutdown.

The dems were only fighting to hurt trump
edit on 25-1-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Yep the Democrats win until Feb 15th, then right back to the place we were just at unless the Dems finally allow funding for the wall.

But the Democrats will never allow funding for Trump's wall, no matter what... Even a complete moron must realize this fact.

Surprised you would admit that. Basically agreeing that the democrats, who favored a wall less than 5 years ago, are only saying no because Trump wants it and it would make the country safer, therefore looking good for him.

I'm not really agreeing to anything, just stating facts.

Donald's campaign promise to build a wall that Mexico would pay for, was a stupid proposition in the first place... But making unrealistic campaign promises to win an election, isn't exactly uncommon amongst politicians.

Most politicians though, have the intelligence to just let their unrealistic campaign promises quietly die on the vine... Not Trump though, he has to have a massive temper tantrum and bring attention to his failures... Like a spoilt little baby, holding his breath till he turns blue, because he can't get what he wants.

That's all this shutdown was about... Donald having a lil temper tantrum because he wasn't winning. It never had anything to do with the security of the American population.

It's not a tantrum when this country has millions of illegals in it. Our population would go down almost 10% or more if we were able to get rid of all the illegals in this country.

As it stands, the US economy is cruising atm, there is no national emergency!

Most other people lucky enough to become POTUS would be on cloud 9 right now... But not Donald, his determined to paint some delusional picture of doom and gloom... just so he can get one up on his opponents and gain another win.

His seriously behaving like a junkie, who just can't get enough of his desired drug and is prepared to take down everyone around him for just one more hit... It's a scary prospect, when you consider this guy is literally the president of like 325 million people.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
a reply to: LSU2018

In simpler terms: $57 out of a budget of $44,000 or something like that.

As simple as that is, I think it's still to complex for the left to understand it.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
You don’t realize how out of touch with America then rwnj’s are. Get out of your parents basement for a few, turn off the am hate radio and faux news for a some time and you might actually become worth talking to. Who am I kidding deplorables are incorrigible. a reply to: LSU2018

Your total lack of self-awareness is astonishing.

Well, not really.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Yeah right. Isn’t it way past time to put the fairy tale of tRump being some sort of master negotiator to bed? a reply to: Wardaddy454

Why would I do that, when every time something comes up, even the MSM is forced to admit he's right in the end.

Here

And here

And here

And so on.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
The fact that you think any of this made her look better is hilarious...

I think sad might be the more accurate word here.

Simply because of the fact that this person appears to actually BELIEVE this hooey...

No more proof is needed that many here are so completely out of touch with reality that it boggles the mind.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo
a reply to: soundguy

what i have learned following this thread and some posts from right-wings on twitter: its not a cult-thing, what i thought it was. pretty interesting. its not about him, its about this f... wall and illegal aliens mostly. a 'concrete' wall i think wont help but i understand peoples concerns about illegal aliens.
...and what did you think this was about?

Aimlessly following Trump? The vast majority of those that voted Trump did so not because of TRUMP, but what he promised and showed, an he has ceetainly delivered.

His continued fight against the establishment has won him support in areaa that wouldn't have taken a second look.

WE MEANT IT WHEN WE SAID BORDER SECURITY.

We welcome immigration from LEGAL MEANS. Button up the holes, bring them SAFELY to apply and register, re work our immigrations laws, literal over haul.

In the past, we could have gotten away with just discussions and promises, but nobody talked and the situation continued to get worse. Now, it needs fixing and the time for discussion has past. Promise was made and we accepted, now we support that until what comes to past, in this case, 15 Feb 19.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants
a reply to: Wardaddy454

What? My point is that the workers aren't so dumb as to love him for mercifully giving them their pay back, when he could have let them get payed all along. Whether they support him or not will depend on how important they think the wall is.

Nor was it mine. But the imagery of Democrats on vacation while they sit there without being paid will play a big role come voting time.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   

You don’t realize how out of touch with America then rwnj’s are. Get out of your parents basement for a few, turn off the am hate radio and faux news for a some time and you might actually become worth talking to. Who am I kidding deplorables are incorrigible. a reply to: LSU2018

Thanks. That means a lot coming from someone like you.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I know I'm attacking Trump a lot, but I'm actually fine with the wall, would be interesting to see how it performs. Although I don't mind if it doesn't get built, either. I don't think it's immoral or racist or anything.

It's true that there is hypocrisy among the Dems when it comes to the wall, and calling immigrants illegal, and so on. But in principle I believe it's better to separate the issue of the wall and the shutdown, no matter how hypocritical they are. You could try to justify anything by tying it up with the federal pay and then accusing you opponent of callousness when they don't give you what you want.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Yep the Democrats win until Feb 15th, then right back to the place we were just at unless the Dems finally allow funding for the wall.

But the Democrats will never allow funding for Trump's wall, no matter what... Even a complete moron must realize this fact.

Surprised you would admit that. Basically agreeing that the democrats, who favored a wall less than 5 years ago, are only saying no because Trump wants it and it would make the country safer, therefore looking good for him.

Donald's campaign promise to build a wall that Mexico would pay for, was a stupid proposition in the first place... But making unrealistic campaign promises to win an election, isn't exactly uncommon amongst politicians.

Most politicians though, have the intelligence to just let their unrealistic campaign promises quietly die on the vine... Not Trump though, he has to have a massive temper tantrum and bring attention to his failures... Like a spoilt little baby, holding his breath till he turns blue, because he can't get what he wants.

That's all this shutdown was about... Donald having a lil temper tantrum because he wasn't winning. It never had anything to do with the security of the American population.

It's not a tantrum when this country has millions of illegals in it. Our population would go down almost 10% or more if we were able to get rid of all the illegals in this country.

Most other people lucky enough to become POTUS would be on cloud 9 right now... But not Donald, his determined to paint some delusional picture of doom and gloom... just so he can get one up on his opponents and gain another win.

His seriously behaving like a junkie, who just can't get enough of his desired drug and is prepared to take down everyone around him for just one more hit... It's a scary prospect, when you consider this guy is literally the president of like 325 million people.

What you are seeing is something you've never seen before. And that's scary, I get it. I've only read about this sort of thing in the history books. I'm glad to be alive to see it.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   
*Trump keeps shutdown going* .. "Reeeeeeee Trump doesn't care about people, he is the devil incarnate" -Heavy breathing in the background...

*Tump suspends shutdown* " Reeeeeee Trump caved, he does not care about the wall he is the devil incarnate" - Heavy breathing in the background

Hmm so umm is there anything that guy could do (besides jumping off a bridge) that You guys would applaud ?

Clarification: Not a great fan of a lot of his decisions, but I do love to point out the hypocrisy at both sides of the argument

link   

No president is on cloud 9 this far into their presidency.

Maybe it's just the angle you see it from, because your last sentence is more comparable to the democrats in my opinion.

link   
This all started December 11th. Trump said he would take blame if there was a shutdown.

Donald Trump is asking for Border Security. He would like that in the form of a wall. Every year Appropriation bills come up to vote on. Most years politicians have used continuing resolutions to not have to balance anything and simply spend away. Trump decided to try to not let that happen anymore. One of the bills asked for

Shutdown Begins.
Republican House Control. Bill does not pass Senate.
Pelosi goes to Hawaii for Christmas. Trump stays and asks for meetings to stop the shut down.
Nothing gets done and left digs in.
White House meeting #2. Dems say they gave Trump a chance. No deal
President continues to give offers on immigration.
President goes on TV to explain shutdown and ask for Bipartisan deal.
House Leaders rebut. No solutions just lecture.
President invites Dems to WH numerous times and no one attends.
Pelosi says there will be no SOTU.
Trump cancels her trip saying it is not fiscally sound during a shutdown. Asks her to WH. She declines.
President offers to extend DACA and before speech Dems on CNN saying no.
President signs bill to make sure Federal workers are paid.
House members do NOT vote to allow Coast Guard to be paid.
House states they will never allow bill will wall money for the 1000th time.
Trump gives Congress 21 days to make the appropriations right.
All Federal Employees will be paid and get back pay.
She cannot say no to his SOTU.

Show me how Trump did anything wrong and where the Democrats won? All he has done is shown the world, and a #ton of voters just how vile and ugly the DC politicians are. Some of you seem to forget Schumer shut down the government last year for DACA and now he let's it stay closed and it is offered.

He took the blame and now is paying the Federal Employees. If Congress does not do anything in 21 days nothing will stop what he can do.

edit on Janpm31pmf0000002019-01-25T16:10:30-06:000430 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on Janpm31pmf0000002019-01-25T16:32:53-06:000453 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Arnie123

A good majority of Trump voters are people that initially voted third party/Sanders.

Hell, I bet some members on here might be astonished at who they know might know having voted for him.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Lincoln freed the slaves.
Obama enslaved the entire nation with mandatory contracts with insurance companies.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join