It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And just like that Trump caves.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Trump with his stupid and immoral shutdown accomplished NOTHING. He has made Pelosi's stature rise 1000 degrees. He has been totally defeated.

Oh really? What will she do on Feb 15th?

link   
Lol, yeah the stable genius is planning his next move. Care to go on record now telling us all how he is gonna win? Americans say the wall isn’t worth shutting down the government over. Now the Russian bots and trolls here, well that’s a different story. Am I right there comrade? reply to: LSU2018

link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Nancy and chuck that you are cheering for care so little for the workers or border security that they would have let them go without pay forever just to spite trump

I'm surprised to see you are buying into this rhetoric. Trump chose to end the shutdown, it was also his choice when it began. The Dems could have ended it by allowing the wall money, and Trump could have ended it by accepting the lack of wall money, which he did. Both parties used the shutdown as a way to apply pressure, but I think the Democrats where more righteous in this case. Trump is the one who insisted on linking the wall question with the pay of federal workers. Both parties want to keep government open and pay the workers. They don't agree about the wall, but that doesn't mean they should close down the whole government just because they can't agree about 5.7 billion dollars; they can still do other stuff that they happen to agree about.

Trump decided to end the shutdown, and this gives him the bonus of his supporters saying he's the one who cared about the workers. But remember that he took that money away in the first place. The hand that gives can take away.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

The same immature childish tantrums and antics she already does.

link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

Oh ? You have a different take on this?
Cuz from here.... he caved not once but twice this week... to Ms Nancy.

link   

originally posted by: soundguy
Lol, yeah the stable genius is planning his next move. Care to go on record now telling us all how he is gonna win? Americans say the wall isn’t worth shutting down the government over. Now the Russian bots and trolls here, well that’s a different story. Am I right there comrade? reply to: LSU2018

Found the NPC.

I see you downloaded new talking points.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Stupid is just a State of Mind ............

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: Willtell
Trump with his stupid and immoral shutdown accomplished NOTHING. He has made Pelosi's stature rise 1000 degrees. He has been totally defeated.

I doubt her stature could've risen much higher in your eyes.

I never and don’t now like Pelosi. I think she’s a Zionist puppet

Only compared to Trump does she look good. Shuck’s, Obama is even Abe Lincoln compared to Trump

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: ManyMasks

Oh ? You have a different take on this?
Cuz from here.... he caved not once but twice this week... to Ms Nancy.

Temporary opening to give people their pay. Ms. Nancy refused to do that. That's not caving, that's playing politics. Now he can point to this in 2020.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Is it the right time and place to point out that today’s actions just put Congress on notice that they either come up with a deal for a wall or Trump declares a state of emergency to build the wall on his own. That part is obvious.

What is less obvious is all kinds of fun things can happen without any input from Congress at all such as “Due to the state of emergency and in consideration that the wall cannot be built overnight, the safety and security of all US citizens must remain paramount. Therefore Constitutional Carry is now legal in all 50 states until this state of emergency is over.”

Or “In order to facilitate expedited funding for the wall during this state of emergency, all federal funding for Planned Parenthood and NPR has now appropriated for wall construction costs.”

Yep, raise up all the cheers you desire, but be prepared to get to work on Trump’s Wall. Failure to do so means uncomfortable consequences from being left out at the table. Maybe I should petition to be Trump’s SOE Czar. I have loads of things to push through with no opposition at that time that would be next to impossible to revoke once established. Muhahaha.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   

You have absolutely no idea how bad that looks on democrats when you say Americans don't want the government shut down over a wall that would only cost a percentage of the budget, do you...

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   

That's some ingenious 17-d tic tac toe
I bet if he takes away their pay again on the 15th and then gives it back again, they will love him even more, twice as much.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

In simpler terms: $57 out of a budget of $44,000 or something like that.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Yeah right. Isn’t it way past time to put the fairy tale of tRump being some sort of master negotiator to bed? a reply to: Wardaddy454

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: soundguy

It's sad that you don't care much about the 800,000 people who were not receiving paychecks.

Who shut the government down again?

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants

That's some ingenious 17-d tic tac toe
I bet if he takes away their pay again on the 15th and then gives it back again, they will love him even more, twice as much.

Dems are telling Nancy to negotiate on the wall. She may be too dumb to understand whats going on, but the others do.

In can be whatever x-d game you need it to be, but there is still sound strategy behind it. Nancy and Chuck will be on an even more defensive footing back home.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Time for an end to the "Let them eat cake" presidential style of politics.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   
You don’t realize how out of touch with America then rwnj’s are. Get out of your parents basement for a few, turn off the am hate radio and faux news for a some time and you might actually become worth talking to. Who am I kidding deplorables are incorrigible. a reply to: LSU2018

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Is it the right time and place to point out that today’s actions just put Congress on notice that they either come up with a deal for a wall or Trump declares a state of emergency to build the wall on his own. That part is obvious.

That's reasonable, Trump should do that if he judges it to be the best course for the nation. But please no more of this pointless shutdown, then. Think of the workers and their hungry children, they need milk.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

He was playing three dimensional checkers, lol. a reply to: InTheLight

We will see what the game will turn out to be at voting time...he may be playing hangman and not know it.

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join