It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And just like that Trump caves.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Good... I'm glad he is showing some compassion for the Federal workers, even if it's only to gain back some poll points. Those people are just stuck in the middle of this mess. Almost half of the IRS workers didn't show for work this week, I'm betting that was the straw.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blarneystoner
Good... I'm glad he is showing some compassion for the Federal workers, even if it's only to gain back some poll points. Those people are just stuck in the middle of this mess. Almost half of the IRS workers didn't show for work this week, I'm betting that was the straw.

Hmm, could that be the underlying reason for this turnaround by Trump...gotta get that tax money in on time?

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blarneystoner

Shame the democrats didnt care about them

At least trump tried to comrpomise, the dems said not even 1 dollar.

link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
I'm just a little perplexed that he didn't do what the voters who voted for him wanted him to do.
Wall? what wall?

Lame. We've been hearing that since day 2.

link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

With all your commenting about our President, wouldn't you want to have, like, knowledge, instead of parrotting MSM opinion?

Thought you were more informed than that. Guess not.

You do know knowledge is power, right? Guess not.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: iplay1up2
a reply to: soundguy

All of that huffing and puffing for over a month, all for him to just give in. He should have just never used jobs as leverage, to begin with! Bad business!

agree

he tried his rich boy strong arm screw your construction crew tactic to try and bully the opposition.

didnt work out so well

another fail for the drumpf
Seriously, you love being ignorant and uniformed?

How is it that you come to this conclusions? Lmfao, seriously, you're suffering from brain rot if you think this is done πŸ˜‚

Key words here,

*Temporary

*National Emergency

Key items,

*Shown he is able to negotiate and present the maximum amount of options before going nuclear.

*Fed workers are paid, plus back pay

*Optics; the dems have been partying and now that a THREE(3) WEEK temp deal is in place, we'll see who'll ball.

You literally don't know what you're talking about, I get it, "Reeeee!!! Orange man bad!!!!" But in this case, you, the OP and others of your ilk are looking pretty foolish right now 😌 over a temp deal and calling it wins.

Your tears are delicious, but come on bro, you're too easy.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
In 3 weeks when the dems still refuse to negotiate at all, and Trump declares the southern border a national emergency and handles things without including Congress what will you say then? Will you cry foul? Or will you remember "the art of the deal"...

The fact he is trying to get this sorted out in Congress and negotiate a deal that gives both sides something is a good thing. Yet here we are on a thread were you guys want to make fun of him over this...i am really going to enjoy your tears when he side steps them and gets his side and gives the dems nothing.

Bingo.

They're saying Trump voters are running away, yet they're not, and that he lost, yet he didn't. Not to mention that a wall was fine and dandy until Trump mentioned it.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Yep the Democrats win until Feb 15th, then right back to the place we were just at unless the Dems finally allow funding for the wall.

But the Democrats will never allow funding for Trump's wall, no matter what... Even a complete moron must realize this fact.

So why would Trump cave now? Instead of just pulling his national emergency card out, when he knows damn well the Democrats position will be exactly the same on the 15th of february?

It makes no sense.

Your the complete moron. You mean the same democrats that voted for 46 billion for border security a few years ago will never vote for 5 billion this time around?

He actually gives a damn about the government workers not getting paid. He made it very clear come Feb 15th the wall will be funded one way or another.

You idiots want to make fun of him for trying to get the government to work like it's supposed to.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
I imagine tRumps next book will be β€œart of the plea deal.” We can have effective border security without building his stupid wall. a reply to: Grambler

Plea deal. Thats very good.

Every border patrol agent I've ever seen interviewed disagrees with you about a walls effectiveness.

Not only that, a majority of taxpayers, according to polls are in favor of a barrier. Since it is our money, and its such a small amount in the grand scheme of things, its not unreasonable.

Take your Trump hate out of the equation.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
a reply to: TinySickTears

Did you ever read "The Art of the Deal?"

No I haven't, but I heard Trump's ghostwriter did a good job on it.

Maybe Donald should read it one day...

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Well at least it's over.

Also what a waist of a OP, what I mean is that this thread should be about the end of the shutdown but not its going to be about the OPs dig at Trump supporters. Which is frustrating because it makes this a automatically hostile debate so other than to say am glad its over I really can't be bothered with another he said she said debate while desperately trying to have a semi-civil debate.

It's not over. He's opening the government back up temporarily so people can get paid while he tries to get the left to compromise. They're not going to so they'll come out of this looking like childish brats again.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

Yep the Democrats win until Feb 15th, then right back to the place we were just at unless the Dems finally allow funding for the wall.

But the Democrats will never allow funding for Trump's wall, no matter what... Even a complete moron must realize this fact.

So why would Trump cave now? Instead of just pulling his national emergency card out, when he knows damn well the Democrats position will be exactly the same on the 15th of february?

It makes no sense.

Your the complete moron. You mean the same democrats that voted for 46 billion for border security a few years ago will never vote for 5 billion this time around?

He actually gives a damn about the government workers not getting paid. He made it very clear come Feb 15th the wall will be funded one way or another.

You idiots want to make fun of him for trying to get the government to work like it's supposed to.

Amissions like from that poster reveal the truth; they know that only trump is willing to try to compromise to help the unpaid workers, the democrats wikll never budge.

The dmes enjoy near total control of the narrative because journalism is dead, and so they use their media mouthpiece to tell the exact pposite of the truth.

Dems care about workers and trump wont budge because he doesnt.

And even posters like this that know the truth will cheer and blame trump.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Really nobody wins in this situation except for the federal workers who were used like pawns by both political parties and the president. Nothing changes! We'll still have two political parties who can't compromise or negotiate on behalf of ALL the people they represent. They will continue to be protected from prosecution by a government system that keeps the pubic from knowing their criminal abuses and which allows them to be above the law! Just like business as usual, our self-serving elected officials will continue to ignore issues that have been affecting the majority of Americans for years! They will continue to reap in a six figure salary, outstanding pensions, benefits, and a political career that enables them to make millions. All on the backs of struggling and hard-working Americans.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Surprised you would admit that. Basically agreeing that the democrats, who favored a wall less than 5 years ago, are only saying no because Trump wants it and it would make the country safer, therefore looking good for him.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Also what a waist of a OP, what I mean is that this thread should be about the end of the shutdown but not its going to be about the OPs dig at Trump supporters. Which is frustrating because it makes this a automatically hostile debate so other than to say am glad its over I really can't be bothered with another he said she said debate while desperately trying to have a semi-civil debate.

You know you F# up when OtherSideOfTheCoin says your OP is a waste.

Also, the collective orgasm from some of the members for this apparent "cave in" is so sad, that I feel like a sadistic for even finding it remotely entertaining.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackrabbit1

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

BS.

Literally, nothing has changed.

I'm not sure if you noticed, but Trump doesn't like doing anything without bipartisan support.

All the bills he has passed with exception of tax cuts were bipartisan.

He not trying to cut Democrats out of the deal. He knows that he can't bring the country together by running roughshod over Dems.

Triggered much?

Sarcastic or serious?

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   
In 3 weeks we will see EO #138xx

The Wall won't Fall 😎
edit on Jan-25-2019 by xuenchen because: πŸ”πŸ”πŸ“πŸ”

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   

what i have learned following this thread and some posts from right-wings on twitter: its not a cult-thing, what i thought it was. pretty interesting. its not about him, its about this f... wall and illegal aliens mostly. a 'concrete' wall i think wont help but i understand peoples concerns about illegal aliens.
edit on 25-1-2019 by oloufo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   
And Democrats take credit for literally doing nothing.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

originally posted by: MarkOfTheV

"So, let me be very clear: We really have no choice but to build a powerful wall or steel barrier," Trump said. "If we don't get a fair deal from Congress, the government will either shutdown on Feb. 15 again, or I will use the powers afforded to me under the laws and the Constitution of the United States to address this emergency."

That's Trump's "trump" card.

In reality the deal has already been made. The three week thing is a "diffusion" period so both parties can come away without looking like total losers. At this point, a lot of hardworking American citizens are being required to work without pay, in jobs that, in many cases, are necessary for safety, and security. That is no blanking good.

The Dems have agreed to some basic outline. They will line up the votes, and get it done in the eleventh hour, and Nancy will be left with a bad taste in her mouth.

That taste is just her bleeding gums. Maybe we can start hiring normal civilians for "government" jobs.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join