It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And just like that Trump caves.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

If im not mistaken the only court with the authority to hold him up is the SCOTUS and I doubt they will obstruct him on this considering how they have upheld his other border policies.

link   
Hmmmm....

For the first four weeks of the shutdown, December 22, 2018 to January 18 of this year, withdrawals less PDCR totaled $338.5 billion for a daily average of a little more than $12 billion.

So by this measure of federal spending, the feds are spending on average 7.3% less per day during this shutdown than they did in FY 2018.

Regardless of your position on the shutdown, we should recognize the deceit involved in calling this a shutdown. Spending $12 billion per day is not a shut down. Spending 7% less than you spent last year is not a shutdown.

Calling the current budget impasse a shutdown is just another example of the political corruption of our language.

Mises

more theater? dog and pony show? bread and circuses? did our MIC miss a single payment?

link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Yep the Democrats win until Feb 15th, then right back to the place we were just at unless the Dems finally allow funding for the wall.

But the Democrats will never allow funding for Trump's wall, no matter what... Even a complete moron must realize this fact.

So why would Trump cave now? Instead of just pulling his national emergency card out, when he knows damn well the Democrats position will be exactly the same on the 15th of february?

It makes no sense.

Well unlike the leaders of the Democrat party, Trump wanted to see the federal employees paid. Plus, he made a mistake and owned the shutdown on national TV. So when he gives the Dems what they want now and then they don't negotiate for funding for the wall on the 15th, the shutdown will be on the Dems. Plus, he can always pull the national emergency lever and fund the wall that way if needed. That's my perspective.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

BS.

Literally, nothing has changed.

I'm not sure if you noticed, but Trump doesn't like doing anything without bipartisan support.

All the bills he has passed with exception of tax cuts were bipartisan.

He not trying to cut Democrats out of the deal. He knows that he can't bring the country together by running roughshod over Dems.

Triggered much?

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: TinySickTears

The link shows nothing?

ok

google it

trump caved

art of the deal. all the best deals.

hahahahhha

30+ days of a shutdown just so he can cave in the end

sounds like little ole Nancy has his number

Ijwant to se the deal in entitety before i decide if he caved.

But I lovethe way you look at this.

I could look at it as only trump was willing to budge to help the workers not getting paid.

Nancy and chuck that you are cheering for care so little for the workers or border security that they would have let them go without pay forever just to spite trump

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

The link shows nothing?

ok

google it

trump caved

art of the deal. all the best deals.

hahahahhha

30+ days of a shutdown just so he can cave in the end

sounds like little ole Nancy has his number

Ijwant to se the deal in entitety before i decide if he caved.

But I lovethe way you look at this.

I could look at it as only trump was willing to budge to help the workers not getting paid.

Nancy and chuck that you are cheering for care so little for the workers or border security that they would have let them go without pay forever just to spite trump

It would be funny if it wasn't so petty...

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarkOfTheV
a reply to: soundguy

"So, let me be very clear: We really have no choice but to build a powerful wall or steel barrier," Trump said. "If we don't get a fair deal from Congress, the government will either shutdown on Feb. 15 again, or I will use the powers afforded to me under the laws and the Constitution of the United States to address this emergency."

That's Trump's "trump" card.

In reality the deal has already been made. The three week thing is a "diffusion" period so both parties can come away without looking like total losers. At this point, a lot of hardworking American citizens are being required to work without pay, in jobs that, in many cases, are necessary for safety, and security. That is no blanking good.

The Dems have agreed to some basic outline. They will line up the votes, and get it done in the eleventh hour, and Nancy will be left with a bad taste in her mouth.

link   
We don’t negotiate with terrorists period. a reply to: Middleoftheroad

link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

If im not mistaken the only court with the authority to hold him up is the SCOTUS and I doubt they will obstruct him on this considering how they have upheld his other border policies.

I hope you're correct.

I feel like it will be like his travel ban. It will go to federal court and a Judge will put it on hold and then consider it not legal, then it will go to appellate court and they will do the same. Then it will finally go to the Supreme Court who will uphold it but by then so much time will have passed and will probably be after the 2020 election.

The democratic play will be to just keep it in the courts till 2020, hope to win the presidency and senate and then they'll have the power stop the wall from ever happening.

+1 more 
link   

Are you reading the right link? It looks like he's only opening it temporarily. I know how bad you want Trump to lose, but he just keeps winning and it hurts you more and more every time.

link   
a reply to: Grambler

All while going on vacations and trips abroad...but yea they cared soooo much.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
I was definitely expecting a post this stupid.

Come on? Are we honestly surprised by these low info voters?

These people make fools out of themselves on a daily basis 😂

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I imagine tRumps next book will be “art of the plea deal.” We can have effective border security without building his stupid wall. a reply to: Grambler

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Do you really think this is the end?

Did you ever read "The Art of the Deal?"

Didn't think so. Pay attention.

edit on 25-1-2019 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Yep the Democrats win until Feb 15th, then right back to the place we were just at unless the Dems finally allow funding for the wall.

I wouldn't even call it a win.

link   

When will "you people" realise that walls work both ways?

What are you replying to me about?

link   

originally posted by: soundguy
We don’t negotiate with terrorists period. a reply to: Middleoftheroad

I usually don't reply to idiots either, but here I am.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Why would I read garbage like that?

link   

Now he can hold the SOTU! He caved all right comrade. roflmao

link   

When will "you people" realise that walls work both ways?

What are you replying to me about?

You've evidently drawn a line in the sand about Trump's wall.

I'm telling you to be careful what you wish for.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join