It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And just like that Trump caves.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   
In 3 weeks when the dems still refuse to negotiate at all, and Trump declares the southern border a national emergency and handles things without including Congress what will you say then? Will you cry foul? Or will you remember "the art of the deal"...

The fact he is trying to get this sorted out in Congress and negotiate a deal that gives both sides something is a good thing. Yet here we are on a thread were you guys want to make fun of him over this...i am really going to enjoy your tears when he side steps them and gets his side and gives the dems nothing.

link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

My real name? I guess you never read 1984?

link   
a reply to: soundguy

come on, this was so like .... 3 days ago. What do you have now? What is the next scandal that can be created between the parties. I need my fix man ... I am going through withdraws already. If you don't absorb my attention for the weekend, I may start looking into things you don't want me to think about, like our money system. or why we don't actually go after employers of the illegal invaders. you know, stuff that would actually make a difference.

what now? whats next? someone getting arrested? too boring, I need something bigger and bigger. come on fill my neeeeeeeed

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

BS.

Literally, nothing has changed.

I'm not sure if you noticed, but Trump doesn't like doing anything without bipartisan support.

All the bills he has passed with exception of tax cuts were bipartisan.

He not trying to cut Democrats out of the deal. He knows that he can't bring the country together by running roughshod over Dems.
edit on 25 1 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

link   
Well at least it's over.

Also what a waist of a OP, what I mean is that this thread should be about the end of the shutdown but not its going to be about the OPs dig at Trump supporters. Which is frustrating because it makes this a automatically hostile debate so other than to say am glad its over I really can't be bothered with another he said she said debate while desperately trying to have a semi-civil debate.

link   
CNN

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2

All of that huffing and puffing for over a month, all for him to just give in. He should have just never used jobs as leverage, to begin with! Bad business!

agree

he tried his rich boy strong arm screw your construction crew tactic to try and bully the opposition.

didnt work out so well

another fail for the drumpf

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Can one of you explain how reopening the government for 3 weeks is caving?

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AspiringSorcerer
I was under the impression that trolls got punished around here.

As for the topic, getting Americans paid was important. The President mentioned that he still has the option of issuing a national emergency and didn't want to use it, but he will in fact use it if necessary. If a deal for the wall and border security isn't reached by that point, I imagine that's what we're going to see.

Is this "ok" with you? Trump Supporter here and I'm disappointed. he DID cave. Granted we didn't see what the 3 week deal is yet but if it's what the dems were trying to pass since December, what's the difference between then and now? I'm disappointed. I've already seen "Trump Caves" on every single headline since the announcement and frankly they're right.

I'm seeing SOME on the right saying "just wait" but for what? We all know if he declares a national emergency, it'll just get held in the courts till the 2020 election. Come election, no wall and the government opened and all that pain that we Americans felt during the shutdown for nothing? Nope, not happy.

He should have stood strong and forced a wall deal or leave the government shut down till 2020. Sure make a deal to get people there money, but that's it.

link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: iplay1up2

All of that huffing and puffing for over a month, all for him to just give in. He should have just never used jobs as leverage, to begin with! Bad business!

agree

he tried his rich boy strong arm screw your construction crew tactic to try and bully the opposition.

didnt work out so well

another fail for the drumpf

Looking at this from neither a Dem or Rep side, I say good on him for trying to compromise and further discuss what type of security is actually what the border security personnel say they need.

link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Probably not...but they will try.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

It could be some high level strategy... pause the shutdown on his word... get the people paid... continue shutdown later and play hardball again. He looks better than the democrats because he's compromising and working for the people instead of stonewalling.

But then that could just be one big stupid cycle... unless that whole declaring an emergency thing is for real.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Clearly not
At the moment I'm reading books on psychology, esotericism and the occult.
Hence Manymasks

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
If you think that's it, you are very naïve.... He will get both the wall and money in the emergency deal.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

It is not a good look for him to go right to declaring a national emergency...however if it is over the top obvious you tried everything you could to negotiate and work with Congress to solve the issue it doesn't look so bad when you take matters into your own hands.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

You people crack me up.

I can't wait til the 16th.

link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

That sounds cool.

From the web:

Big Brother and Emmanuel Goldstein are the conceptual leaders of the opposing forces in Oceania: Big Brother is the titular head of Oceania, and Goldstein is the leader of his opponents, the Brotherhood. They are similar in that Orwell does not make clear whether they actually exis

link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Yep the Democrats win until Feb 15th, then right back to the place we were just at unless the Dems finally allow funding for the wall.

But the Democrats will never allow funding for Trump's wall, no matter what... Even a complete moron must realize this fact.

So why would Trump cave now? Instead of just pulling his national emergency card out, when he knows damn well the Democrats position will be exactly the same on the 15th of february?

It makes no sense.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

It is not a good look for him to go right to declaring a national emergency...however if it is over the top obvious you tried everything you could to negotiate and work with Congress to solve the issue it doesn't look so bad when you take matters into your own hands.

Yes I can see that, my concern is the national emergency will just be held in the courts till the 2020 election, and nothing will have happened.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

When will "you people" realise that walls work both ways?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join