It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And just like that Trump caves.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: St Udio

That any form of Solid Wall would fail to be 100% effective

Holy F, that is what you all think the right wants with a wall...100% effective...lol geez you all are dumb. Like your locked front door it keeps out the vast majority...the rest take time to get over, under, through and then they do it in one spot so easy pickings for border dudes...That is what it is about...

Nope

The Main Point I was Attempting to convey was the Use of 'AI' into the problem solving equasion--
NOT the 20 foot Solid Wall ~ from the Pacific to the Gulf ~

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian
No I never saw this as his top agenda. The top agenda from what I saw was tax reform. I think you just invested yourself into that agenda more than the others.

Look man, Russia is right South of us, and so too will the Iranians soon. We need that border locked down like a proper modern society, or the Communists and Mullahs will be pouring their assets over that border murdering all kinds of people and setting off all kinds of explosions. Of course the media will just tell you its another gas leak or domestic dispute. And most of us will believe it and just move on. But the attacks will become more frequent, too frequent, and then maybe yall will see what this is. The Eastern alliance is trying to destroy us, we have to strike before their Democrats succeed!

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Well it happens already for much less worthy causes...usually roads. They get paid and usually pretty well too. These ranchers aren't losing a huge chunk of valuable land and considering the size of most of those ranches they likely won't miss it. I would honestly assume most that are against it probably make money allowing it through. Those who don't want that traffic on their land would probably jump at the chance to sell a strip to close that traffic off.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

Could you quote where it is stated in your source that Trump is not getting funding for the wall? Give a time stamp in the video where Trump stated he had given up on the wall? Did you not see the part where President Trump stated he still may use the emergency option?

More fake news from liberals....You guys do a real good job of making yourselves look stupid.

The whole point of the shutdown was because the Democrats didn't want to negotiate. Now they are willing to come to the table. Looks like they are the ones that caved. I guarantee you Trump will build that wall with or with the approval of the Democrats. You can bet the farm on that.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cassi3l

The Dirty Trickster

Surreal people you got calling the shots.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Anyone who thinks Trump actually cares about a wall, hasn’t been paying attention.

Exactly!

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

He proba boy realized as commander and chief he can order army Corp of engineers and navy seabed to construct his barriers and use part of the bloated DoD budget to do it ,do only thing he really can not do with military is declare war that takes an act of congress. He wanted gov opened so he could do state of union address to tell Congress either grow up and do their jobs or he will call them to task for it . He will also probably let nation know that while gov was on shutdown Democrat flows like navy Pelosi wanted to go to war zone so they could get out of paying taxes for last month. Really why do you think a senile old representative needs to go to Afghanistan and Brussels for we have diplomats for stuff like that.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   

The Main Point I was Attempting to convey was the Use of 'AI' into the problem solving equasion--

What AI are you talking about?

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: AspiringSorcerer
I was under the impression that trolls got punished around here.

As for the topic, getting Americans paid was important. The President mentioned that he still has the option of issuing a national emergency and didn't want to use it, but he will in fact use it if necessary. If a deal for the wall and border security isn't reached by that point, I imagine that's what we're going to see.

I REALLY hope they can come to an amicable agreement quickly, I'd hate to see this thing go nuclear. Won't blame Trump if it does though.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Trump is playing these fools like a fiddle. Now he has another bargaining chip in his pocket for when the shutdown continues in 3 weeks. He stayed at the Whitehouse for weeks waiting for the democrats to come to the table. When they do come to the table they complained about the media being there.

The MSM and democrats can only push the narrative so long that the government shutdown duration is Trumps fault. It will eventually become evident Trump was the only one working for his constituents. Meanwhile Pelosi and Schumer were more interested in satisfying their tribalistic tendencies that orange man bad.

The future will remember these people as traitors...

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

What AI are you talking about?

Fancy stuff! High end Top Secret surveillance that can watch fly eggs in the Arizona dessert hatch from space, and hear ground moles digging!

Of course!

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
In 3 weeks when the dems still refuse to negotiate at all, and Trump declares the southern border a national emergency and handles things without including Congress what will you say then? Will you cry foul? Or will you remember "the art of the deal"...

The fact he is trying to get this sorted out in Congress and negotiate a deal that gives both sides something is a good thing. Yet here we are on a thread were you guys want to make fun of him over this...i am really going to enjoy your tears when he side steps them and gets his side and gives the dems nothing.

There's no national emergency. The courts will override him again, and he'll lose again.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: andrewh7

originally posted by: RickyD
In 3 weeks when the dems still refuse to negotiate at all, and Trump declares the southern border a national emergency and handles things without including Congress what will you say then? Will you cry foul? Or will you remember "the art of the deal"...

The fact he is trying to get this sorted out in Congress and negotiate a deal that gives both sides something is a good thing. Yet here we are on a thread were you guys want to make fun of him over this...i am really going to enjoy your tears when he side steps them and gets his side and gives the dems nothing.

There's no national emergency. The courts will override him again, and he'll lose again.

Oh. you mean Hollywood fantasy stuff?

Yeah, I figured that was the source of your mindset. It seems nothing from reality is ever seen in any of your posts.

Living in a fantasy world is not healthy....for long periods.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Oh. you mean Hollywood fantasy stuff?

I meant DARPA type fancy stuff...cutting edge surveillance.

(I think you meant to reply to my "fancy stuff" post)

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Fancy stuff! High end Top Secret surveillance that can watch fly eggs in the Arizona dessert hatch from space, and hear ground moles digging!

Of course!

I was wondering if he meant the AI and algorithms on the internet that has basically created the extremism we see to day for both the left and right.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
No wall funding for you mr. tRump. Congratulations to Chuck and Nancy for getting the man baby to finally wake up and smell the votes. Then again, maybe the the mueller should get the credit. He needed to get stone out of the headlines quick and what better way than to cave on the wall.

Don’t worry mr. tRump the deplorables will forgive you no matter what you do. Your base of dead Enders will never waiver in their support.

www.msnbc.com...

Just like that? You mean after a month? A month, for nothing by the way, since it was over something the Dems once supported. Not the first time the dems have shut down the goverment over ideas they once supported, or over ideas they then ran eith as their own. In fact, that was the case the last time the government shut down. They adopted the GOP ideas just a couple months later. But, on one ever accused you of being moderately intelligent i bet. I hope you have kids, and they grow up to be the victims of your stupidity.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: bender151

Just like that? You mean after a month? A month, for nothing by the way, since it was over something the Dems once supported. Not the first time the dems have shut down the goverment over ideas they once supported, or over ideas they then ran eith as their own. In fact, that was the case the last time the government shut down. They adopted the GOP ideas just a couple months later. But, on one ever accused you of being moderately intelligent i bet. I hope you have kids, and they grow up to be the victims of your stupidity.

There is never moment that the left would view anything Trump as something they would remotely agree with. Its all lose lose to them. Hell Trump could find the cure to cancer and give it away for free and the left would still find something wrong in it all. If he kept the the Government close the OP would be posting about how Trump is hurting so many.

End of the day the dems could have opened the Government at any second, but they did care and were not going to NO MATTER WHAT. They even went so far to make themselves not even available to talk...

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   
people must not be watching trump very closely if they think he "caved". he's clearly just doing this to buy time to find a loophole or some other way to get what he's been demanding. it's just a stall tactic that's using the arrogance and pride of the house Democrats to blind them to the obvious. and it's workings masterfully, even tricking the Republicans and his own voters.

the long game is being played here because trump understands how easy it is to trick Americans, we're too emotional for our own good and expose everything without even realizing it. he's doing what china has been doing to us since the 1970's.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: andrewh7

Guess we will see...but if I'm not mistaken the SCOTUS hasn't smacked him down yet.

Wonder what the Vegas odds are... I'll be there in a few days...maybe i can strike it rich!

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Anybody will concede, if they have a modicum of common sense, democrats are more for the people than the republicans

Is that so? The homeless in their districts surely must have missed all that goodwill.

The victims of rampant crime and gang violence missed it as well, because you know, they're dead.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join