It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And just like that Trump caves.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Yea, shame on him for trying to get congress to do their job.

What? You mean the GOP congress? The one this shutdown started under? The shutdown Trump and turtleneck McConnell started?

What happened in the last 2 years JinMi? This border wall is an emergency right? Why wasnt it an emergency January 2017 huh? Why now? Hmm? The wall is and has always been priority right?

Keep on digging JinMI. All in for Trump. All in. Sacrifice everything.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

What? You mean the GOP congress? The one this shutdown started under? The shutdown Trump and turtleneck McConnell started?

Sure, you could frame it that way. Or you could look a little further back to where in had bipartisan support. Doesn't really matter to me.

What happened in the last 2 years JinMi? This border wall is an emergency right? Why wasnt it an emergency January 2017 huh? Why now? Hmm? The wall is and has always been priority right?

Like previous PotUS candidates, this was on his agenda. It's been an issue for decades and now that it's being addressed, properly, through congress, we can see how inept they are.

Keep on digging JinMI. All in for Trump. All in. Sacrifice everything.

I understand, you NEED this to be a Trump issue. Otherwise your stance seems rather 1 dimensional as well as your posting history.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: fleabit

He did the right thing however - he basically threw a tantrum because of his wall, and stopping the inane pointless shutdown made sense. I think border security and immigration is an important topic. I don't think for a moment it's a national emergency, imminent peril type of situation - and it's sad he convinced so many of his followers that it is.

Priceless. Trump was wrong for asking for something you believe in. Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't support a giant-ass wall that obviously the U.S. is actually going to pay for, no. When you consider of 50% of illegal immigrants are simply workers with overstayed visas, and that 3 states house over 50% of illegal immigrants, then a wall doesn't make much sense. That isn't addressing the ACTUAL PROBLEM. "It will stop heroin!" No, it won't. It's as if Trump and his followers are purposely putting on blinders to ignore the FACTS behind illegal immigration, drug trafficking, and crime from immigrants.

I'd completely support 10 billion towards focusing on immigration issues in their totality. Why Trump and his supporters are laser-focused on a stupid wall as if it will solve all the problems is truly baffling. Trump proposed a wall before he was in office, before he really understood anything about illegal immigration issues, and is simply trying to complete a promise to his followers to get their votes in 2020. THAT is reality. Even if it's a stupid idea. Even if Mexico isn't actually going to pay for it. Even if it won't really fix the majority of problems with illegal immigration and drugs moving into the United States. But whatever.. keep wearing your blinders and support a dude that is simply doing what he is doing to get VOTES. Open your eyes.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: ker2010

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: fleabit

He did the right thing however - he basically threw a tantrum because of his wall, and stopping the inane pointless shutdown made sense. I think border security and immigration is an important topic. I don't think for a moment it's a national emergency, imminent peril type of situation - and it's sad he convinced so many of his followers that it is.

Priceless. Trump was wrong for asking for something you believe in. Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No I think you're misunderstanding him. He's saying that he believes in border security as it relates to immigration, but doesn't believe its a national emergency.

And how many more millions do we allow in illegally before its considered a emergency? I mean since 20 million is such a laughably low amount.

The number has been steadily decreasing for a decade, which would indicate that rather than an emergency, the severity concurrently is also lessening. Since Trump was mum on the 'Mexico illegal immigration emergency' a decade ago at its height, its logical to conclude that the current outrage is of political manufacture.
Got some numbers to back up that claim or heck even a link from Salon or even Mother Jones 😆

You sound like someone who won't accept data from any source that contradicts your expectations, so I'm not sure what showing you the numbers is going to change. That being said, you asked: Pew Research Center

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: Wayfarer
are abusing those "safety nets"

I've heard this before but as far as I am aware it is propaganda and unsupported by the facts. I'm open to any new data to the contrary you're willing to share, however.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 12:00 AM
link   

,Sure, you could frame it that way.

Frame what that way? It's a fact the shutdown was started under GOP held congress, pushed by Trump. He even said on national TV he'd take full 'blame' for it. You've seen it. Frame what? There's no framing of the facts here.

Like previous PotUS candidates, this was on his agenda.

This was his top agenda. His campaign ran on this. It was his flagship promise. He had 2 years JinMi but what did he prioritize instead? Oh yes yes yes, more money for the military industrial complex and tax cuts for the rich.

The border wall has always been a matter of great urgency right? Yet he brings it to the forefront now threatening all manner of things? After he had both houses for 2 years? Hm?

I understand, you NEED this to be a Trump issue.

This wall is a Trump issue. He shut down the government because of it. There's need for me to make it his issue. He's made it loud and clear it's his issue since day one. It's been his campaign warcry bud.

More bud?

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 12:01 AM
link   
You work for the PAYCHECKS, only IDIOTS works for free, now how many IDIOTS where out there..?

It wasn’t about 800,000 actually it was about +3 million for a month….eff tRUMP & his family and his supporters…!.

MAGA.... right...

edit on 26 1 2019 by Qboneq because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Pelosi rejects Trump’s wall ‘down payment’ proposal

He best get on signing that bill reopening government ASAP. His own senate have lost patience in him, including Turtleneck.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Frame what that way? It's a fact the shutdown was started under GOP held congress, pushed by Trump. He even said on national TV he'd take full 'blame' for it. You've seen it. Frame what? There's no framing of the facts here.

R i g h t...because the events all happened in a vacuum? There is framing when you omit context. Which you have done and continue to do.

This was his top agenda. His campaign ran on this. It was his flagship promise. He had 2 years JinMi but what did he prioritize instead? Oh yes yes yes, more money for the military industrial complex and tax cuts for the rich. The border wall has always been a matter of great urgency right? Yet he brings it to the forefront now threatening all manner of things? After he had both houses for 2 years? Hm?

He still has two, maybe six more yet. Don't count your chickens etc etc. Tax cuts for everyone, and a pay raise for the military. Why don't you want tax cuts and raises for the military SG???

See, context.

This wall is a Trump issue.

No, it's a national issue and before Trump, a bipartisan issue.

More bud?

Na, just coffee for me, thanks.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

,Sure, you could frame it that way.

Like previous PotUS candidates, this was on his agenda.

This was his top agenda. His campaign ran on this. It was his flagship promise. He had 2 years JinMi but what did he prioritize instead? Oh yes yes yes, more money for the military industrial complex and tax cuts for the rich.

The border wall has always been a matter of great urgency right? Yet he brings it to the forefront now threatening all manner of things? After he had both houses for 2 years? Hm?

I understand, you NEED this to be a Trump issue.

This wall is a Trump issue. He shut down the government because of it. There's need for me to make it his issue. He's made it loud and clear it's his issue since day one. It's been his campaign warcry bud.

More bud?

Do you think that the government workers that were raiding the free food banks will go to the grocery store and pay back what they stole?
They have full pay now....
Lol
They wont
edit on 26-1-2019 by Scepticaldem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

I'm watching her now and she is speaking some real truth.

Except right when I typed that sentence....

But most of what she is saying is awesome.

She's started with asking why no one in government on ether side is talking about how illegal immigration benefits business owners. Benefits the rich.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Trump wants to give his State of the Union on the 29th and he can't do that unless he has Nancy's permission to do it in the House Chamber. He could, but it would be incredibly embarrassing for him to do it anywhere else.

Again, Trump shows he really only cares about the spotlight being on him. He wants to do the speech to a captive audience will all the focus on him.

That's all this is about.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Why don't you try using a real search engine? Google is entirely manipulated, duck duck go isn't bad and even has a chrome extension or use it's own browser and you might see a little less biased results. It might look like he caved but we all know re-election hinges on the wall at this point so it will happen if he truly wants to deal with a second term.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
No wall funding for you mr. tRump. Congratulations to Chuck and Nancy for getting the man baby to finally wake up and smell the votes. Then again, maybe the the mueller should get the credit. He needed to get stone out of the headlines quick and what better way than to cave on the wall.

Don’t worry mr. tRump the deplorables will forgive you no matter what you do. Your base of dead Enders will never waiver in their support.

Now comes the 200 IQ move... In 21 days he declares an emergency and builds his wall, the Republican push forward DACA and other programs the dems want.

In the end Trump gets his wall and the Republicans get credit for saving all those illegal kids and the Dems have nothing but their thumbs up each others asses asking what went wrong?

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scepticaldem

Do you think that the government workers that were raiding the free food banks will go to the grocery store and pay back what they stole?
They have full pay now....
Lol
They wont

But the ones at the Mexican resort for 3 weeks will need to go back to work now...I feel sorry for them...

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 02:08 AM
link   
And just like that Trump caves.
page 17

Or Else Team Trump had 'AI' intervene...and every computer model projection came to the same Outcome ->
That any form of Solid Wall would fail to be 100% effective

So, I guess Team Trump decided to let the Pelosi Radicals 'Hold the Bag' and get bashed for all the Future Crisis' with the escalating Caravan Issues which are guaranteed to increase in number and aggressiveness for the next 5 years at least

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Just a quick reminder amongst all the cognitive dissonance:

Trump has failed at yet another negotiation.

Tired of all the winning yet?

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 02:13 AM
link   
How is it that a site like this attained so many globalist shills? None are so blind as those that refuse to see.

What we do in life defines us; Here, is where we take our stand for a short while. And what we leave behind us is our legacy to this world. Be a person who stands for the truth no matter what, because what ever they bring against us, they cannot take our integrity.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

That any form of Solid Wall would fail to be 100% effective

Holy F, that is what you all think the right wants with a wall...100% effective...lol geez you all are dumb. Like your locked front door it keeps out the vast majority...the rest take time to get over, under, through and then they do it in one spot so easy pickings for border dudes...That is what it is about...

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

How do you "negotiate" when the answer is NO to everything? Trump needs to nut up and do what we elected him to do. And lets just say he does, will you be back to say congrats? Will you be here spewing more propaganda? Will you disappear like cowards normally do around here?

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join