It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And just like that Trump caves.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I tried for the last hour to find this bill or at least the name of the bill.

Nothing.
It's not even listed on the gov bill tracking website.

I did find out that it is two bills each dealing with a different part. One for funding workers the other is to set up a committee to look into what NEEDs to be done for border security.

One of them also kind of gives dems their daca win. Though everyone is so vague about that.

I found the alleged vote counts. And in both the house and senate the votes for yes far exceed the votes on no.

Maybe you can find the bill so we can all read it?

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: ker2010

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: fleabit

He did the right thing however - he basically threw a tantrum because of his wall, and stopping the inane pointless shutdown made sense. I think border security and immigration is an important topic. I don't think for a moment it's a national emergency, imminent peril type of situation - and it's sad he convinced so many of his followers that it is.

Priceless. Trump was wrong for asking for something you believe in. Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No I think you're misunderstanding him. He's saying that he believes in border security as it relates to immigration, but doesn't believe its a national emergency.

And how many more millions do we allow in illegally before its considered a emergency? I mean since 20 million is such a laughably low amount.

The number has been steadily decreasing for a decade, which would indicate that rather than an emergency, the severity concurrently is also lessening. Since Trump was mum on the 'Mexico illegal immigration emergency' a decade ago at its height, its logical to conclude that the current outrage is of political manufacture.

Are you sure it’s been decreasing?

I saw that it was around 40 thousand (huge number) apprehended a month (who knows how many get through undetected)

That number has risen steadily for about 5 months, now being over 60 thousand a month

That seem like a huge problem

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I am distracted at the moment but I too want to read exactly what is in the bill and haven’t found it

Would love if someone links it if they find it

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   
How did the House and the Senate approve the 3 week bill tonight, when most of the members already went home? 70% of the U.S. House left town on Thursday late afternoon.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   
duplicate
edit on 25-1-2019 by putnam6 because: duplicate

link   
duplicate

link   
duplicate

link   
duplicate

link   

originally posted by: carewemust
How did the House and the Senate approve the 3 week bill tonight, when most of the members already went home? 70% of the U.S. House left town on Thursday late afternoon.

Sometimes when I hear points like this, I begin to think its all a sham, a dog and pony show just to probe and push the envelope and see how much the public will put up with. Its just all a political shell game. LOL dont trust either side has our best interests in my mind, these last 35 days prove it.

PS.

Sorry for all the dups dont know how that happened
edit on 25-1-2019 by putnam6 because: additions

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Those are my thoughts with the Ruth Ginsburg matter. She's voting away, but is at home 24/7.

But with Senator John McCain, they had to bring him to the Senate chamber in a hospital bed, so he could vote "NO" on repealing Obamacare.
edit on 1/25/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The House had already approved it. It's the same bill that was presented to the Senate yesterday, but didn't pass. When Trumps signaled that he would sign it, Mitch McConnell rammed it through the Senate again. As I understand it.

link   
a reply to: LSU2018

It's like claiming a victory and rushing the field when the other team calls a timeout. Let em learn.

This.

We don't even know what the bill says yet.......

link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: soundguy

I'm not a huge Trump fan.

I think it is a good compromise. He is giving it a few weeks and getting people paid in the meantime. If they can't come to an agreement in three weeks I think a lot of the blame will be put on the Democrats. I think it is a win win.

Not only that, but a new migrant carvan is on its way. He can use that as a reason for a National Emergency.

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

The bills yesterday were for 3-weeks of funding?

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

Aye, and I have read a lot of classics but never fancied 1984, this is what's currently next to my bed, very interesting book

Nice! How about this one www.goodreads.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Sometimes when I hear points like this, I begin to think its all a sham, a dog and pony show just to probe and push the envelope and see how much the public will put up with. Its just all a political shell game. LOL dont trust either side has our best interests in my mind, these last 35 days prove it.

PS.

Sorry for all the dups dont know how that happened
Happened to
Me today too. Don’t take it personal 😊

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   

How many weeks away is Feb 15th?

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

How many weeks away is Feb 15th?

What does your calendar say? I was asking if the two bills defeated in the Senate yesterday were 3-week stopgap funding bills.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: nataylor
a reply to: scraedtosleep

www.congress.gov...

www.congress.gov...

Thanks for the links. I see that these two short-term bills fund the government through 2/28/2019. Not 2/15/2019.

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join