It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And just like that Trump caves.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

That's a bit immature of you, isn't it? This is Your President, even if you don't like him.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I just got mine wee while ago read a couple of chapters and wow it's some read.
One of those ones you want to take time over, I find it funny that it's been commented because I've not read 1984 I must not be well read, but I see government control right here in threads like this, were the 99% and we are totally divided, people hating one another because they wrong colour it's red or its blue, it hurts me or makes me angry depends on my mood, were looking at each other when we should be focusing on what they're up to, the so called leaders the e lite and their puppets.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Im just busting your chops a little

We all are a little hypocritical at times

The point is trump is not a terrorists to not be negotiated because the shutdown, just like Obama wasn’t

You blame trump more, I blame Dems more

But neither group are terrorists
edit on 25-1-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   
i think Willtell likes this, in fact, I think he gets a kick out of it. hehe

Yes, he does. 'smile'.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

for getting the man baby

I wish people could be better winners.

Your team got a win but if you keep this childish name calling up we will find ourselves right back where we started.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Ann coulter will be on bill maher in like an hour.

She was pissed when trump even suggested trading daca for the wall.

She must be freaking out now!

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   
There is nothing anyone can say or do that is going to cause us to turn our backs on President Trump.

With you all the way to the very end, sir.

Trump voters are disciplined, highly intelligent and resourceful patriots. I have every confidence in my fellow patriots that it is going to take a little more than a compromise and goofy MSM spin to cause him to lose our rock solid base.

We're no longer just the Trump train... we're the TRUMP TANK, steam rolling nay-saying anti-truthers with objective fact, reasoned arguments and something they really know nothing about.... loyalty

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

She needs to take a breather then.

I love listening to Ann Coulter, she is brillant and knows more about politics/policy than I could dream of. But she should Trust the plan and Trust the man.

Trump knows what he is doing
edit on 1/25/2019 by JBurns because: EDIT wanted to make sure I was clear I have a lot of respect for Ann Coulter just disagree in regard to this particular matter

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   
He gave them an inch.

Everyone knows what happens next.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

when will you people realize this wall is not going to be built?

The existing structures do need to be upgraded though.

This would be a great time for the dems to make a big show of giving a ton of money to border security that specifically allocates money to fix existing border structures.

It's the best move in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Nothing for them to cry about.

I secretly think the dems are pushing him to do that very thing. Why?

Because all the legal battles would guarantee that the wall doesn't get built during trumps first term.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Also what a waist of a OP, what I mean is that this thread should be about the end of the shutdown but not its going to be about the OPs dig at Trump supporters. Which is frustrating because it makes this a automatically hostile debate so other than to say am glad its over I really can't be bothered with another he said she said debate while desperately trying to have a semi-civil debate.

Agreed. There is a small chance for dems and repubs to heal a little right now . But will they take it before the chance passes?

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ker2010

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: fleabit

He did the right thing however - he basically threw a tantrum because of his wall, and stopping the inane pointless shutdown made sense. I think border security and immigration is an important topic. I don't think for a moment it's a national emergency, imminent peril type of situation - and it's sad he convinced so many of his followers that it is.

Priceless. Trump was wrong for asking for something you believe in. Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No I think you're misunderstanding him. He's saying that he believes in border security as it relates to immigration, but doesn't believe its a national emergency.

And how many more millions do we allow in illegally before its considered a emergency? I mean since 20 million is such a laughably low amount.

The number has been steadily decreasing for a decade, which would indicate that rather than an emergency, the severity concurrently is also lessening. Since Trump was mum on the 'Mexico illegal immigration emergency' a decade ago at its height, its logical to conclude that the current outrage is of political manufacture.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
He gave them an inch.

Everyone knows what happens next.

No.

Trump gave the democrats enough rope.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

DB, the optimist?

Who's holding your beer?

We'll see but I'm thinking that they are going to go one for two solid weeks on how weak trump is all over the MSM.

The workers, like every other useful tool to them over time, will be left behind and further arm the eventual blowback.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

It's the trump voting ranchers down on the border that will keep this all tied up in court.

Unless you think every ranchers is going to give in when the government orders them to sell their land.

No, lot's of them will fight it in court. As they should.

It's appealing to see americans cheer government take over of citizen lands.....Where are their rights? where is the freedom?
If protest happen because the government is taking peoples land I will be right there beside them.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Of course the media is going to be all over this.

The media will claim a win!
The leftists will claim a win!
The politicians will claim a win!

. . . . . . . . . . against border security.

They now own the fact that they don't want border security.

Period.

They can talk all they want about "virtual walls" and drones, but that's just a damned lie. They want to maintain open borders.

They have admitted it simply because they are openly against a physical barrier.

So let them have their win.

Let the anti-Americans enjoy their victory.

It just outs them as being against a sovereign nation.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I see the tactic. I don't see how it's of any benefit.

Seems like the best case scenario is we wind up back to where we started in Dec.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Oh hell, we'll never see a wall because republicans are against it as well.

But it's positive in that the anti-Americans can't lie and hide behind their bullcrap any more.

Trump may not be able to drain the swamp, but he sure as sh#t can shine a light on it!

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Fair enough.

That spotlight was certainly an aspiration for folks at the ballot box, guess we shouldn't get greedy if that is accomplished.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join