It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And just like that Trump caves.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   
and now he will get to give a SOTU address that I am sure will be watched by more people and will be the wildest our country has ever seen.

Again, shorter version.

1. Ask for policy in appropriations
2. Told No
3. Shutdown Government
4. Left imploded and showed exactly who they are
5. Threatened no SOTU
6. Trump just made sure everyone was paid
7. Trump just ended the shutdown
8. Trump gets the SOTU.

He played real nice. Now, in 21 days, if you think he will not shut this down till he gets a wall after the longest ever you are once again underestimating.

This is about votes. Any sway voter who saw the president stay in DC on Christmas(except to visit the troops) while Congress celebrated during the shutdown and saw elected officials lobbyist trips to Puerto Rico that vote in 2020 is cast.

edit on Janpm31pmf0000002019-01-25T16:40:44-06:000444 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: TinySickTears

The link shows nothing?

ok

google it

trump caved

art of the deal. all the best deals.

hahahahhha

30+ days of a shutdown just so he can cave in the end

sounds like little ole Nancy has his number

yup. He should have told you winy bitches to suck it up buttercup. Instead, he was forced by the ATC controllers. I wonder if he will be this nice in February? Chances are, flucking not a chance.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants
a reply to: Wardaddy454

But that NAFTA money doesn't belong to Mexico. You can't pay someone with their own money. If I trick you into giving me money and then buy you something with it, I'm not really paying. You are.

Do you understand what a trade deficit is?

in 2017 the deficit with Mexico was $63 billion. And a $71 billion goods deficit. More than enough to build the wall.
edit on 25-1-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   

He should have done it when GOP still controlled the House. But I don't think he wanted to.

Still needed the senate votes he didnt have.

On fact before the outgoing house changed they passed a bill that the dems in the senate wouldnt sign.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

He should have done it when GOP still controlled the House. But I don't think he wanted to.

Still needed the senate votes he didnt have.

On fact before the outgoing house changed they passed a bill that the dems in the senate wouldnt sign.

Agreed, but you can't win over any Dem votes when McCain is siding with them and basically telling them to hold fast. Recall his "open border, no wall, amnesty" plan?
edit on 25-1-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: Arnie123

You don’t negotiate with hostage takers. He put the country and the workers in mortal danger for his political promise. Remember he said Mexico would pay not the American people.

If you don’t have the votes you don’t jeopardize the whole country for a political promise.

More of the hypocrisy.

Thread you did on shutdown under obama.

"The real story of the shutdown: 50 years of GOP race-baiting"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You ought to be ashamed for being this hypocritical.

I dont mind people disagreeing with me, thats great.

But to be so dishonest as you have here is really a terrible thing to do.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

You ought to be ashamed for being this hypocritical.

I dont mind people disagreeing with me, thats great.

But to be so dishonest as you have here is really a terrible thing to do.

It's the way of the leftovers now. They aren't smart enough to know a better way.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

I'm guessing that you are mistyping your President's Title, Donald Trump with the explicit purpose to show your anger and discontent. I find it incredibly disrespectful to do that.

You are lucky to have a President that stands up for you. Remember that.
edit on 25-1-2019 by Sapphire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thill
Hmm so umm is there anything that guy could do (besides jumping off a bridge) that You guys would applaud ?

TDS advanced stages, PRETTY scary stuff...

The country is in the throes of a major epidemic, with no known cure and some pretty scary symptoms. It's called Trump Derangement Syndrome, or TDS, and it's rapidly spreading from the point of origin – the political class – to the population at large.

The mid-level stages of TDS have a profound effect on the victim's vocabulary: Sufferers speak a distinctive language consisting solely of hyperbole. As TDS progresses, the afflicted lose the ability to distinguish fantasy from reality.

In the advanced stages of the disease, the afflicted lose touch with reality. Opinion is unmoored from fact. Life resembles a dark fairy tale in which the villain – Trump – is an amalgam of all the worst tyrants in history, past and present, while the heroes –Trump's critics – are akin to the resistance fighters of World War II.

Do you suffer from Trump Derangement Syndrome?

Trump Derangement Syndrome is a Mental Disease and has Infected Snowflake Democrats, GOP Traitors and others around the World. The same manifestations are evident in Bi-Polar, Schizophrenia, Multiple Personality Disorder, Manic Depressive Behavior, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and others listed by quack Psychiatrists.

New Mental Illness Identified and Manifests across the Globe

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sapphire
a reply to: soundguy

I'm guessing that you are mistyping your President, Donald Trump with the explicit purpose to show your con anger and discontent.

You are lucky to have a President that stands up for you. Remember that.

Pshh are you kidding me? He'd love to be trampled by the government if it meant he was suffering for the good of others because he's ________, and is told he'd get basic income and housing for "free".

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I'm confused, aren't you proud of your President, or would you rather that African took over

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I'm confused, aren't you proud of your President, or would you rather that African took over

Well now I'm confused.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   

You and I both. Why don't you fill me in.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   

You and I both. Why don't you fill me in.

I was responding to what you said to soundguy..

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Oh boy, another bender huffing paint chips again eh?

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Trump only gave in because it was actually impacting things like flights - while he couldn't care less about people not receiving paychecks, he does care about something that is actually damaging and -could- be pointed back at himself. Although of course, many on this site thought the government that shut down should have been permanently be shut down. They, like Trump, couldn't care less about the people actually affected, and didn't think their being furloughed actually impacted anything. Guess they were wrong. Trump probably wasn't expecting that, and flinched when it got tough.

He did the right thing however - he basically threw a tantrum because of his wall, and stopping the inane pointless shutdown made sense. I think border security and immigration is an important topic. I don't think for a moment it's a national emergency, imminent peril type of situation - and it's sad he convinced so many of his followers that it is.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: blackrabbit1

Triggered much?

Is this supposed to be an argument? Funny? Cogent?

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Well then it should get tsa paid so that national travel isn’t slowed to a crawl. I mean it was just on the news that tsa ppl were calling in sick I wonder how many sick days they get.
People who hate Trump will hate him no matter what he does.

link   
Well then it should get tsa paid so that national travel isn’t slowed to a crawl. I mean it was just on the news that tsa ppl were calling in sick I wonder how many sick days they get.

link   

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join