It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alert,Assault Weapon Registration/Confiscation!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
That reasoning is on par with other countries wanting to have nuclear power on par with the U.S.A. Too many crazy fingers on those nuke buttons.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: network dude
is it just "assault" weapons you want banned, or ALL weapons? I am genuinely curious.

We can start with assault guns and then move on to assault wet willies and assault purple nurples because: feelz.

I often wonder... The same people who think legalizing all drugs will dramatically decrease crime, death, and overdoses are the same ones who think banning guns will eliminate guns in the hands of those who want them. It's gotta be tough following those standards they follow.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Lol...

Funny Halloween story... This girl my wife works with had her kids out trick or treating this past Halloween and after stopping at one creepy looking house, as she describes it, the daughter (10 yrs old) came running back to her and after being asked what was wrong, the daughter said the lady at that creepy house said she ran out of candy but if she could feed them a pumpkin seed, she'd let them pet her dog. My wife's friend looked up for her son (6 yrs old) expecting him to be right behind the daughter and there he was, at the woman's front door munching on a pumpkin seed and petting the dog.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   
This doesn't surprise me at all. In Deerfield, north of Chicago, they banned what they called assault rifles. The list of weapons includes some handguns and shotguns... on a list of assault rifles.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us

originally posted by: soundguy
Long overdue. a reply to: mamabeth

Careful...those inanimate objects known as guns (or in snowflake language, gunz) are going to come magically to life, invade your dreams, and attack you in your sleep with their built in A.I. ...oh, wait.

How does it feel to be a kneeling subject?

Oh good. I like guns so I know they'll like me.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9
a reply to: Graysen

I've bought two rifles from a store. All the rest have been person to person sales. We have to exchange FOID card information and male a receipt for said firearm and keep that information for seven years. After the seven year span, you're not leagaly required to keep that info.

And the vast majority pays cash for any firearm or ammo purchases.

Not I. I have one shotgun that my dad bought for me in 1988. My .357, 12 guage, 30.06, 30-30, and both semi auto .22 rifles were all passed down to me from family. The newest one was bought in 1975. None of my guns can be traced back to me.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

What's next? Everyone should get out there and buy themselves machine guns? Will a belt-fed 1000-round be enough? I am questioning the reloading laziness and round numbers for hunting and target shooting.

There's nothing worse than reloading during target practice. How did you go from 30+ to a 1,000 round belt?

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Which is one of the reasons that ATS is the limit of my on-line social interactions. I don't do facebook, don't even have an account. Nor do I do twitter, though I did start an account when it first started up. But have never used it, can't even remember password--nor have any interest in remembering it.

Of course, the way things are going now, that'll start being held against people. What? No FB account, he must be a terrorist!!

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: rickymouse

Which is one of the reasons that ATS is the limit of my on-line social interactions. I don't do facebook, don't even have an account. Nor do I do twitter, though I did start an account when it first started up. But have never used it, can't even remember password--nor have any interest in remembering it.

Of course, the way things are going now, that'll start being held against people. What? No FB account, he must be a terrorist!!

I did get a facebook account about a year ago, I go to see where everyone is there, my cousins always post their treks on Facebook. I kind of hate it but I do like to check on how many people I know are going wacky. It's strange, my friends and relatives seem way to nice and agreeable on Facebook, although they probably look at my posts there and say I seem to be unnatural. I never really post anything meaningful on facebook, I usually do humor that not too many people can grasp unless they think about it. Oh, well, I guess my humor here goes way over some people's heads most times. I also suck at sarcasm, it often gets misinterpreted.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

Precisely

Game theory holds just as true here as elsewhere

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: joemoe

it won't get messy.
republicans have already passed gun grab laws and no one blinked an eye:

Republican Vermont Gov. Phil Scott has signed a package of bills that raise the age to buy firearms, ban high-capacity magazines and make it easier to take guns from people who pose a threat.

www.usnews.com...

US Virgin Islands sets dangerous precedent for gun seizure
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: InTheLight

What's next? Everyone should get out there and buy themselves machine guns? Will a belt-fed 1000-round be enough? I am questioning the reloading laziness and round numbers for hunting and target shooting.

There's nothing worse than reloading during target practice. How did you go from 30+ to a 1,000 round belt?

Reloading laziness is how I arrived at that outcome. During my target shooting I was focused on aiming and hitting the target not reloading, that was my thing. And, by the way, it didn't take a lot of bullets to prove I was a really good shot.
edit on 02CST09America/Chicago04790928 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

That's the operative phrase there. I want to spend more time shooting, then reloading.

Two or three 30 rd magazines are better then two or three 10 rd magazines.

Another thing, I'm not merely there to prove I'm a good shot, I know that already. I'm there to have a bit of fun, along with practicing a skill that I enjoy honing. Much like when I practice playing a musical instrument--yes, I want to improve my skill-such as it is-but I also want to have an enjoyable time.

It's really that simple.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 01:40 AM
link   
In a crisis, every actor devolves to their last level of mastery.

If you have been trained in some hypothetical discipline up to level 6, but you only were really a master of level 2. Then you are going to perform at level 2 when seconds count.That's why the really serious agencies are willing to spend money on ammo and range time, and walking through scenarios. It takes a hundred rounds to manipulate a gun without looking at it.

A gun range is like a laboratory.

A lot of hunters can hit a deer if it presents itself broadside, at 150 yards exactly, wearing an organ chart and a center cross-hairs. And no wind.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: subfab

Lot's of people blinked an eye, all over the place.

No, I don't think confiscation, or being "ordered" to turn 'em in would get "messy".

Many, like myself, would simply not comply, in any shape, fashion, or form.

"Guns? What guns? I've not got any guns, officer/deputy."

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

other than myself, who else is posting these links to republican gun grab laws?

even here on ATS, the only gun grab politicians getting roasted are democrats.

damn them all!!

neither democrat or republican care about you or me. they just don't. we've become so divided it is frightening.
most people ignore the gun grab laws that republicans passed because "liberals are the enemy."

the whole thing is nonsense.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

Not here, maybe. But elsewhere.

...and I'm well aware, as are many, won't say most, that the GOP, if they thought it would serve their purposes, would line up right beside the most ardent of gun grabbing Dems...just as many Dems would line up with the most ardent GOP 2nd amendment supporters if it served their purposes.

Yes, the whole thing is nonsense. Which is why I hold my own council.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Isn't holding one's own council akin to dictatorship?

<< 1  2  3   >>

join