It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon governor supports mandatory gov’t visits for all newborns and their parents

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 04:45 AM
link   

OREGON, January 24, 2019 (LifeSiteNews) – News from Oregon that Governor Kate Brown is on board with a bill which would require invasive home visits by state employees to all households with newborns has sent shockwaves across the nation.

When the program is complete, every new parent — this includes adoptions — would receive a series of two or three visits by someone like a nurse or other health care practitioner,” noted Allen.

Bolyard said that the home visits aren’t just about the health of the newborns, and that the state’s representative would also be observing and making judgements about the parents.

Oregon governor supports mandatory gov’t visits for all newborns and their parents

This is a direct result from Obama care (ACA) with NY legalizing baby murder by non doctors and just after a Licensed heath care provider A Nurse raped a comatose patient which resulted in a birth? this is outrageous!!

This is the government stepping into your living room and regulating your live and how you choose to live all for safety & health reasons of course.

THIS IS ACTUALLY BEING VOTED ON ....Lets Follow the money see where it leads....

But whose regulating the regulators? 1984 anyone? oh no sorry that now our reality

Thoughts ATS? Read the article it will scare you.....

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 04:49 AM
link   
its like they searching for someone...just like 2k years before...
its already too late
matrix glitch
the end
amen

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Oregon is part of the left coast
Seriously
Washington , Oregon , and California are all trying to outdo each other.
New York seems to be holding their own as well
It is a giant grab against personal responsibility
Crushing weight of pure Communism taking hold

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 04:51 AM
link   
do they smoke pot in that state?

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Seriously, this kind of visits LOWERED the number of child-neglections, endangering children, child abuse and so on here!

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 05:03 AM
link   
This is already common practice in the UK (they're called health visitors) and it's not what you're describing. It's not some Orwellian dystopic child grab. They simply sit down with the parents and see how they're doing, especially helpful if the parents don't have a big social circle to fall back on. They give the mother information regarding child development goals and if the child is struggling with speech or age goals, they can council the parents on how to get help.

Why would you be against that?

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Ditto the two comments above, it's the same here in the Channel Islands.

For us, it was a mix of occasional home visits and a free once a week weigh and check-up at a health drop-in centre, extending to once a month, etc.

They're genuinely there to help and they become friends after a while, they'll smile and chat with you in the street even when the babies are now teenagers.

They help with advice on anything, and if people are struggling with finances (food, nappies, medical care [it happens even here in a so-called tax haven]), they'll put folk in touch with the relevant agencies who will help them get back on their feet.

I don't know how it is in other places or how it would turn out in the US, but for us they're community midwives, and not social workers simply out to stick their oar in.

YMMV

+21 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 05:16 AM
link   
This is in America NOT England .... and how long till it gets abused for profit or otherwise because some government Social worker comes in and decides they don't like your style of parenting or your house isn't clean enough and removes your newborn baby from you .....

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

Agreed. Imagine those parents answering the door in a maga hat. I just don't trust lefties. As far as the UK goes. I am personally aware of 6 kids being used/abused so mommy can stay on welfare. CPS is as helpful as the popo.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 05:32 AM
link   

The only thing scary about that article is the author’s, and your, lack of reading comprehension.

The bill requires home visits to be studied, and the bill also automatically repeals itself in January of 2020.

Actual jesuits would be highly disappointed in this OP.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

I am afraid not. If that was true than there would be no incidents of child abuse, deaths or missing children in foster care.

This comes with a hidden agenda. Though maybe not so hidden for those who have eyes to see.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 06:34 AM
link   
As currently conceived, if the planbecomes law, it would be rolled out over the course of fours years.
Hmmmm you were saying.....

a reply to: Shamrock6

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Yes, your article says that with absolutely no explanation and the bill text says nothing about that. It’s a study about a voluntary program.

So what I was saying is that actual jesuits would be sorely disappointed in your OP and your source. Hope that’s cleared up.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Then they will be going through your mail and trash, watching your bathing habits, what ethnic food you consume and whether you are a cat or dog person. Where does it end ? At the end of gun barrel X's the whole populace ?

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
Seriously, this kind of visits LOWERED the number of child-neglections, endangering children, child abuse and so on here!

Seriously, if you do your research, you'll quickly come to realize that the state doing this has the *worst* CPS services, the worst record of child abuse and neglect when it comes to their foster system.

So what business do they honestly have coming into legit parents' homes and telling them how to care for their children?

They can't do it right for the children remanded to their care.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I'm bummed it's not a reality, that would have been the ultimate job for me, go to people's homes and confiscate their newborns if I find their parental skills lacking.

Which of course I would in every case.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Exactly....... that mindset exists. In other places they are called trolls or social workers..

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   
This is a potential thing ...

They want to study home visits as an emergency measure.

The Oregon Health Authority shall study home visiting by licensed health care providers in this state. The authority shall submit findings and recommendations for legislation to an interim committee of the Legislative Assembly related to health care not later than December 31, 2019.

So they want to study this for one year and then legislate on it meaning by next year, they want to move on making home visits a thing. They aren't necessarily studying whether it's necessary, just the feasibility and the logistics.

Patrick Allen, director of the Oregon Health Authority, told the Beaverton Valley Times that he's enthusiastic about the idea of universal inspections for newborns. "This isn't something for people in trouble. This is stuff all kids need. Stuff my kids needed," Allen said.

According to the Beaver Valley Times, "When the program is complete, every new parent — this includes adoptions — would receive a series of two or three visits by someone like a nurse or other health care practitioner. The visits could include basic health screenings for babies; hooking parents up with primary care physicians; linking them to other services; and coordinating the myriad childhood immunizations that babies need."

The program has been piloted in Lincoln County but has not been tried statewide.

See? There has already been a pilot. So the study is to work out how to do it for everyone all over the state. They've already done the small scale and decided this is awesome for everyone no matter if you want it or not.

And Oregon is not alone in the push for "universal" home visits. Washington Governor Jay Inslee tweeted earlier this month, "My budget would also offer universal home visits. This gives every new parent the opportunity to get a visit from a nurse during the first few weeks back home with their newborn to share important information and build confidence."

Washington wants to follow suit.

So are these mandatory? Nothing says they are, but universal sort of suggests it. What happens if you say, "No, I have family around who will help me during those first few weeks. I don't need a government nurse to come show me what to do. Thanks."

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   
This has been done for years here in Canada, nurses come visit your baby give it a check ups at home.

It’s your right to raise your baby in privacy, it is not however your right to raise them in sh@t hole conditions which is more or less the purpose of these visits.

It’s just to make sure the baby has at least a minimum standard of care. Up where I live kids are neglected and worse in some seriously disturbing conditions by alcoholic parents and the like.

I see where your concern in coming from but I’d have no problem letting them into my home
To see JR.

what’s it like fearing literally everything all the time even your dreams?

edit on 25-1-2019 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
This has been done for years here in Canada, nurses come visit your baby tomfpr check ups at home.

It’s your right to raise your baby in privacy, it is not however your right to raise them in sh@t hole conditions which is more or less the purpose of these visits.

The problem is that who determines those conditions? What's the cut-off?

My mom was not a housekeeper, but my sister and I got raised better than some kids I know who had moms who were what you would call model housekeepers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join