It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit - the end of Great Britain

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia
Concerning me, no I don't. As a carpenter I had been gainfully employed for over 10 years in the UK with EU subsidies for upgrading Houses to conform with energy efficiency and the like. All, and I mean all councils in the UK have had millions in subsidies out of the EU for other projects but they wont tell you that.
My borough at the moment is upgrading all their properties, new roofs, new kitchens etc. with EU money. But we don't get nothing from the EU do we. sarc.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
a reply to: eletheia
Concerning me, no I don't. As a carpenter I had been gainfully employed for over 10 years in the UK with EU subsidies for upgrading Houses to conform with energy efficiency and the like. All, and I mean all councils in the UK have had millions in subsidies out of the EU for other projects but they wont tell you that.
My borough at the moment is upgrading all their properties, new roofs, new kitchens etc. with EU money. But we don't get nothing from the EU do we. sarc.

We gave them the money in the first place ...... thats only a small percentage

returned.....magnanimously, intended for our gratitude.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia
I believe she is also exempt from 'stop and search'

However, as we know the reigning monarch ain't above the law, as Charles I will attest.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
But we don't get nothing from the EU do we.

The EU may provide grants, particularly to deprived parts of the UK. All very nice. Is it the EU who are generous, or the UK? I think (er) the UK are the generous ones.

In 2017 the UK government paid £13 billion to the EU budget, and EU spending on the UK was forecast to be £4 billion. So the UK’s ‘net contribution’ was estimated at nearly £9 billion.

Full facts source

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pandaram
Now.

Now we see even brexiteers starting to leave Uk. ( i mean wealthy ones. Poor will stay obviously )

British technology giant Dyson no longer British anymore. It packed its bags moved to asia. Yesterday Air bus announced it looking in to exist UK. Car manufacturers obviously on the way out.. Many many major companies aswell as smaller companies leaving UK, only could see as Rats jumping out of sinking ship. But would you blame them? Or blame yourselves? Or its just easy to blame on immigrants and move on?

But good news is.... i see you getting excited now. But no. there is no good news. Salt on the wound actually. Every employer offers zero hour contracts. Its matter of time it become standard for British workers. British household income going down. Cost of living up the wall. Racism on the rise. Income is hitting rock bottom. Major pensions cut. Dole cuts. Leading to serious rise in recent crime rates. If is it continues like this, This time next year, there will be lines for food.

What are we witnessing here.. the end of a great civilization? Again...

Actuslly it's the beginning of the new/old Britain...It is the globalists who care nothing about Britain who are leaving...You guys will be alright...Once you cut benefits to the freeloading muzlims, they'll leave for Europe...

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pandaram

There is no good news. Salt on the wound actually. Every employer offers zero hour contracts. Its matter of time it become standard for British workers. British household income going down. Cost of living up the wall. Racism on the rise. Income is hitting rock bottom. Major pensions cut. Dole cuts. Leading to serious rise in recent crime rates. If is it continues like this, This time next year, there will be lines for food.
What are we witnessing here.. the end of a great civilization? Again...

Read this and weep..........

While Tories squabble over the EU, the Left howls that hundreds of thousands of people are on the breadline.

But claims that Britain is impoverished and dysfunctional simply ignore the facts.

At Davos in Switzerland, where the global elite are gathered this week, the International Monetary Fund conceded that contrary to earlier downbeat projections, Britain’s growth rate was on course to be at least as robust as those of Germany and France, and growth will accelerate to 1.6 per cent in 2020.

The latest output and jobs figures show employment jumped by 141,000 in the past three months and the jobless rate fell to just 4 per cent – the lowest in four decades.Contrast this with the eurozone, where it’s almost twice that, at 7.9 per cent.
Even more encouraging for Britain, competition for jobs and the high number of vacancies have pushed wages up by 3.4 per cent, meaning real earnings growth, after taking inflation into account, has hit more than 1 per cent year on year. So much for Labour’s whines that wages are still stagnating.

This translates to more spending power for consumers and a windfall for the Exchequer as national insurance, income tax and VAT receipts rise. That’s one factor behind a boost to the public finances this year, with the deficit down 25 per cent.

Britain is thriving just as the eurozone and wider EU plunges into an economic gloom that may turn into all-out recession.
Even industrial behemoth Germany is listing badly. The jobless rate in France stands at 8.9pc and 10.5pc in Italy. Youth unemployment in Spain is almost 35 per cent.

Political instability and extremism are spreading across the Continent.
By contrast, despite the undoubted chaos surrounding Brexit (for which Brussels must take some blame), Britain has much to be optimistic about.
Above all, we have a balanced budget, enabling the Government to find an extra £20billion to help fund a creaking NHS.
Unlike countries such as Italy and Greece, whose banking sectors remain dangerously shaky, our banks have sound reserves of cash they are free to lend. The most impressive aspect of our economic strength is how the nation’s genius has not been crushed by Brexit uncertainty.
From pharmaceuticals to the media, financial innovation and aerospace, Britain is a global leader, attracting the brightest and best from around the world.

The outstanding research in the Golden Triangle of Oxford, Cambridge and London is one reason why two of the world’s top six drug firms, AstraZeneca and GlaxoSmithKline, are based here.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Pandaram

Or its just easy to blame on immigrants and move on?... Leading to serious rise in recent crime rates.

See the connection there?

Our wonderful immigrants from the third world are responsible for the vast majority of the shocking crime stats in the capital.

I mean, there's no crime in your country, right?

Rhetorical.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I heard some EU heroes of democracy are supporting a second Brexit referendum .... Are they sure the British will vote to remain this time around ?

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Delay brexit ? Why ? If Poland and Tusk want , they can leave the EU too .. maybe they can join the UK

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The next Prime Minister of the UK will not be able to reverse Brexit, as some are already suggesting in the EU

posted on May, 26 2019 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flanker86
The next Prime Minister of the UK will not be able to reverse Brexit, as some are already suggesting in the EU

Any 'new' PM will have to be a leaver (difficult to find among so many remainers)

And one not afraid to leave without a deal?

After all the EU takes SO long to negotiate any deal, they will have a huge vacume

to fill after we leave.
They will find they NEED US after all!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join