It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit - the end of Great Britain

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Our experiences differ.

I’m not entirely understanding why they would have to move anyway.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
I’m not entirely understanding why they would have to move anyway.

The Republic of Ireland is an EU tax scam. Lots of companies not paying tax from their activities across the EU. With the UK leaving the EU that will at least mean the UK can chase tax from some of these companies. Let's hope so.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I live in the Midlands

One of the biggest employers in my area is JCB.

Both Mark and Anthony Banford have been saying for long time now, that Brexit will be a good thing for U.K. business and financially.

As for Dyson and any other company’s that are moving or threatening to move overseas? Let them, I won’t buy another Dyson because I will see him as a traitor to his country. You don’t change things in your country by leaving and supporting another country.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: BelowLowAnnouncement
I am willing to suffer temporary hardship for long-term sovereignty for my island and those that will come after me.

Concise and perfect.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pandaram

originally posted by: BelowLowAnnouncement
I am willing to suffer temporary hardship for long-term sovereignty for my island and those that will come after me.

Oh you certainly will. You suffering already. And those who come after you will suffer even more. Thanks to you. But how do you know its only temporary?

And what do you mean by sovereignty? Do you even know what is it.

If it is "thanks to" anyone it will be due to people like you fighting amongst yourselves as opposed to doing something resourceful with your time to improve the environment around you.

Personally, I'm excited for the new oppurtunities change brings. I'm excited to struggle for what I believe is right. I'm excited to be part of this new UK who collectively had the strength to reject globalism.

What the future holds is in your hands, no vote can change that. If you spend your life complaining about what you don't have, you'll never have anything.

The nation doesn't owe you anything and neither does the government. Sooner you realise that the more successful you will be.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

See the UK is under a monarchy. Meaning It is a dictatorship.

Strange.

I live in the UK and no-one told me.

What makes you say that?
Have you any evidence that the UK is a 'dictatorship'?

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

You haven't heard? She doesn't even have to wear a seatbelt. Allegedly.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Pandaram

Detailed Job loss record due to brexit

Hmmmm......

UK employment total hits record high

www.bbc.co.uk...

Someone's telling porkies.

Record job vacancies as well.

The number of job vacancies rose by 10,000 to a record high of 853,000.

Project Fear hits new depths.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Definitive proof if ever there was any that the UK is a dictatorship.

Hitler, Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot all got to slaughter millions of people.....Liz and Phil can drive without seatbelts.
I can see the similarities.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

Not sure the queen drives herself in normal traffic or while on public

engagements

Driving herself on her own private estates does not in law require seat belts

or speed limits....... So if she invites you over, while on her private property

you can drive at any speed you like and without a seat belt!!

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

What are we witnessing here.. the end of a great civilization? Again...

The UK was never a great civilisation, it was built on elitism and racism from the start and these elements still thrive from the sewage factory that is Westminster, change is and has been required for a very long time

Change into what? Something better? What's your idea of something better?

Never a great civilization? Name one greater. Go ahead, what have you got?

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
Never a great civilization? Name one greater. Go ahead, what have you got?

Atlantis. At least they cleared up after them when it all came crashing down, eh?

The British Empire left us with mess, like English (the world language), proper democracy, anti-slavery, numerous sports (cricket, rugby, football, tiddlywinks etc), science, industry, civilised parts of the world (e.g. outlawed widow burning in India), saved Europe four times, at least, (though Christ knows why any more), Shakespeare, etc., etc...

Brexit. A fart in a gale. Before you know it it will have blown away and the world will have moved on.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
The UK was a great civilisation, it gave us America, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa.
It introduced the current Lingua Franca, English

That's because we fought a war to get away from there.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Its out of order. She doesn't even have to have a freaking driver's license. What kind of sadistic Maoist crap is that?

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

I wanna play her golden piano.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Malak777

I am loathing life here now. It is getting worse all the time.

The backlash against extremist Liberalism is to blame. Everyone had enough of all the minority crap while they were being sunk into poverty. In response now we have gone from the frying pan into the fire.

You know it is possible to contend with Liberal extremism without doing yourselves in. I wanted to stay in the EU. That is what I voted for. At the same time I wanted globalism to learn some stiff lessons.

Globalism will keep flogging its dead horse. Brexit will take us from one circle of hell to a deeper one. I don't like what Britain is. The people are so selfish and greedy. That is a lot to do with the mess we are in. They don't want to pay for a decent society like Germany, Holland, Sweden, Norway do. They cheapskate their own society and end up with this smelly mess of poverty.

I blame Liberalism for pushing people too far. I blame the people for being selfish as a nation. Britain looks barbaric to me now. The people act like barbarians. We see that in their attitudes and the horrific rise in crime. We are finished, no doubt.

You greedy people! Start paying for a decent society. Stop believing house prices are all that you need for an economy. Greedy, greedy, greedy lot!

In Germany people care about their own. In Britain they do not care about their own. We are morally ill equipped to make it as a modern society. Look how poor our cities are compared to all the new cities of the world. We look like a bygone relic. That we are. There is no way we will be able to compete on our own two feet. We will end up in debt to China and America. We are going to be exploited big time. The British deserve their fate. It is very fitting. Your reap what you sow, you callous little bygone nation.

Wow.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

Its out of order. She doesn't even have to have a freaking driver's license. What kind of sadistic Maoist crap is that?

I believe she is also exempt from 'stop and search'

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Is Mr Dyson going to return the tens of millions he got in subsidies from the government? WHOOOPS, a typing error, I meant the tens of millions he got from the EU? Well he stabbed his workforce in the back when he moved his first factories from the UK to the far east a few years ago.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Ok....that's kinda gross. Maybe Meghan....deffo Kate.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Is Mr Dyson going to return the tens of millions he got in subsidies from the government? WHOOOPS, a typing error, I meant the tens of millions he got from the EU? Well he stabbed his workforce in the back when he moved his first factories from the UK to the far east a few years ago.

Do you also object to the millions paid to Micheal Heseltine
arch

supporter of the EU? And all the other rich receipents of subsidies?

Individuals who have remained in the Top 100 for the past two years include the Queen, whose Sandringham Farms received £479,739 in basic payments; the Duke of Northumberland; the Duke of Westminster; and the Earl of Iveagh and the Guinness family.

Elsewhere, the Top 100 includes businesses owned by wealthy overseas-based landowners who do not feature in the British Rich List, such as the chairman of retail fashion giant H&M, Carl Stefan Erling Persson. Persson is the richest man in Sweden, worth $18bn according to Forbes).

Also still on the list is Prince Khalid Abdullah al Saud, whose internationally famous racehorse breeding operation Juddmonte Farms, based in Newmarket, received £492,666 in overall CAP subsidies last year, of which £350,531 came from the Basic Payment Scheme. The latest available accounts for Juddmonte Farms Ltd show that in 2015 it turned over £53.4m, of which only £1.5m came from farming.

unearthed.greenpeace.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join