It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit - the end of Great Britain

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Now.

Now we see even brexiteers starting to leave Uk. ( i mean wealthy ones. Poor will stay obviously )

British technology giant Dyson no longer British anymore. It packed its bags moved to asia. Yesterday Air bus announced it looking in to exist UK. Car manufacturers obviously on the way out.. Many many major companies aswell as smaller companies leaving UK, only could see as Rats jumping out of sinking ship. But would you blame them? Or blame yourselves? Or its just easy to blame on immigrants and move on?

But good news is.... i see you getting excited now. But no. there is no good news. Salt on the wound actually. Every employer offers zero hour contracts. Its matter of time it become standard for British workers. British household income going down. Cost of living up the wall. Racism on the rise. Income is hitting rock bottom. Major pensions cut. Dole cuts. Leading to serious rise in recent crime rates. If is it continues like this, This time next year, there will be lines for food.

What are we witnessing here.. the end of a great civilization? Again...

edit on 25-1-2019 by Pandaram because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pandaram
Now.

Now we see even brexiteers starting to leave Uk. ( i mean wealthy ones. Poor will stay obviously )

British technology giant Dyson no longer British anymore. It packed its bags moved to asia. Yesterday Air bus announced it looking in to exist UK. Car manufacturers obviously on the way out.. Many many major companies aswell as smaller companies leaving UK, only could see as Rats jumping out of sinking ship. But would you blame them? Or blame yourselves? Or its just easy to blame on immigrants and move on?

But good news is.... i see you getting excited now. But no. there is no good news. Salt on the wound actually. Every employer offers zero hour contracts. Its matter of time it become standard for British workers. British household income going down. Cost of living up the wall. Racism on the rise. Income is hitting rock bottom. Major pensions cut. Dole cuts. Leading to serious rise in recent crime rates. If is it continues like this, This time next year, there will be lines for food.

See the UK is under a monarchy. Meaning It is a dictatorship. Things will continue as is in your lifetime.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Pandaram

The UK was never a great civilisation, it was built on elitism and racism from the start and these elements still thrive from the sewage factory that is Westminster, change is and has been required for a very long time

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 01:58 AM
link   
The UK was a great civilisation, it gave us America, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa.
It introduced the current Lingua Franca, English

It did more to bring civilisation and progress to the world than anyone since the Romans, it is the reason we no longer have large scale slavery.
It’s culture was the first to allow woman to vote and its liberal and humanistic focus on the individual allowed feminism and diversity to develop as ideas.

I’m sick of people #ting on the English and the English Empire, without it the world would be completely different and I don’t see it being for the better.

As to the specifics of the OP, if all the doom and gloom comes to pass yes it will suck but I have faith my Pommy cousins will pull through.
Anyone who is part of the welfare state, immigrant or not, is the problem. Importing people who are always going to be a part of that handout mentality is not helping any of the things you mention

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:06 AM
link   

I believe many British companies moved their manufacturing work abroad back in the 90’s if not before. This country went to # a long time ago in many respects. Brexit hasn’t even happened yet, so who to blame? The bungling government, the media for predicting all kinds of doom and gloom? Or the average (ex)working class citizens for sticking to the man?

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

See the UK is under a monarchy. Meaning It is a dictatorship. Things will continue as is in your lifetime.

We have a Constitutional Monarchy but we are ruled by Parliament meaning the Monarchy has no actual power.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:23 AM
link   

1. Dyson's HQ moving to Singapore because most business of Dyson is in the Far East. There's no growth in Europe. Other Dyson facilities remain in the UK.
2. Airbus is political, with German, French and Spanish part-ownership. Brexit or not, it is always a risk that these governments would consolidate facilities in their own countries.
3. Car manufacturing is more about supply chains and exports to places like China. European car makers will also suffer if the EU don't find a deal that is acceptable to the UK.

It won't be as doom and gloom as some people have convinced themselves it will be. Cheer up

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Vinci just put $2.9 billion into Gatwick airport. They’re French.

Asahi just bought Fuller’s for £330million. They’re Japanese.

That’s just two example from this month without a Google consultation.

Don’t let the media fear factory rule your mind. Do your own research.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I read something like 80% of Parliament are remainders. You don't think this delay was on purpose?

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 04:19 AM
link   

I am loathing life here now. It is getting worse all the time.

The backlash against extremist Liberalism is to blame. Everyone had enough of all the minority crap while they were being sunk into poverty. In response now we have gone from the frying pan into the fire.

You know it is possible to contend with Liberal extremism without doing yourselves in. I wanted to stay in the EU. That is what I voted for. At the same time I wanted globalism to learn some stiff lessons.

Globalism will keep flogging its dead horse. Brexit will take us from one circle of hell to a deeper one. I don't like what Britain is. The people are so selfish and greedy. That is a lot to do with the mess we are in. They don't want to pay for a decent society like Germany, Holland, Sweden, Norway do. They cheapskate their own society and end up with this smelly mess of poverty.

I blame Liberalism for pushing people too far. I blame the people for being selfish as a nation. Britain looks barbaric to me now. The people act like barbarians. We see that in their attitudes and the horrific rise in crime. We are finished, no doubt.

You greedy people! Start paying for a decent society. Stop believing house prices are all that you need for an economy. Greedy, greedy, greedy lot!

In Germany people care about their own. In Britain they do not care about their own. We are morally ill equipped to make it as a modern society. Look how poor our cities are compared to all the new cities of the world. We look like a bygone relic. That we are. There is no way we will be able to compete on our own two feet. We will end up in debt to China and America. We are going to be exploited big time. The British deserve their fate. It is very fitting. Your reap what you sow, you callous little bygone nation.

edit on 25-1-2019 by Malak777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 04:23 AM
link   

British technology giant Dyson no longer British anymore. It packed its bags moved to asia.

I havent read anywhere that Dyson has given up his British citizen ship?

He is a brilliant business man who started from scratch and is now a

billionaire. He has in all probability been planning this expansion not

move for more than five years in any event long before Brexit. A good

business plans ahead?

In 2017 Dyson spent £7m a week on research and development of new products. The company is the UK's biggest investor in robotics and artificial intelligence research, employing over 3,500 engineers and scientists, and engaging in more than 40 university research programmes. Speaking to the Daily Telegraph, Dyson said, “We’re looking at more non-domestic products but we are not rushing to do lots of different things,” he said. “We are a private company so we can do it when we are ready.”

2017 ?? isnt that AFTER Brexit? and while he has expanded out of the UK

no one in the UK has lost their job.

Yesterday Air bus announced it looking in to exist UK.

On TV programme *Question Time* last night a conservative MP who resigned

due to TM's policies, was appalled that she had learned that *Airbus* had been

asked to make that statement by the government.

Car manufacturers obviously on the way out.. Many many major companies aswell as smaller companies leaving UK, only could see as Rats jumping out of sinking ship.

More scaremongering more backhanders......

But good news is.... i see you getting excited now. But no. there is no good news.

There is..... WE ARE LEAVING '
'

A resurgence

edit on 25-1-2019 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Malak777

I am loathing life here now. It is getting worse all the time.
The backlash against extremist Liberalism is to blame. Everyone had enough of all the minority crap while they were being sunk into poverty. In response now we have gone from the frying pan into the fire.
I wanted to stay in the EU. That is what I voted for.

You are free to leave and join the EU anytime you like. Dont you ever wonder

why so many people from the EU are settled and living here in the UK???

Globalism will keep flogging its dead horse. Brexit will take us from one circle of hell to a deeper one. I don't like what Britain is. The people are so selfish and greedy. That is a lot to do with the mess we are in. They don't want to pay for a decent society like Germany, Holland, Sweden, Norway do. They cheapskate their own society and end up with this smelly mess of poverty.

Germany and Sweden are having mega problems much due to Merkles policies

but there is block on what can be published by the media.

In Germany people care about their own. In Britain they do not care about their own. We are morally ill equipped to make it as a modern society. Look how poor our cities are compared to all the new cities of the world. We look like a bygone relic. That we are. There is no way we will be able to compete on our own two feet. We will end up in debt to China and America. We are going to be exploited big time. The British deserve their fate. It is very fitting. Your reap what you sow, you callous little bygone nation.

Done much travelling have you? can't have if ^^^that^^^ is what you believe

You are free to leave this *callous little bygone nation* you add nothing to it

with your attitude.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Manufacturing isn’t the problem, as others have pointed out while some leave others are investing.

No the biggest problem is if they cannot sort out the financing sectors passporting rights. Lose the finance sector and we are pretty much doomed. Most of the big finance firms of London are already looking to move out of the city buying up office space in Dublin and Frankfurt. I personally don’t think airbus moving out is a big deal, the real problem is how the every day realities of brexit will impact everyone and all business having a nock on effect throughput the entire economy.

There are zero economic advantages to no-deal brexit and that’s where we’re heading.

# i might just move to Ireland myself the more I think about this # show.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 05:35 AM
link   
From what I am being told by the companies I speak to who have opened an office in Ireland>

They are not moving to Ireland, they are opening up office to own an EU address after Brexit. This is to ensure that under a 'no deal' or rather , WTO terms, that they are still in compliance with EU financial Regulations just in case mutual recognition of compliance under their current UK address is not allowed.

This is indeed a cost as a result of the unknown but from what I am told it does not mean they are leaving the UK, only setting up address in EU.

I could of course be wrong because this is only what I am told by financial supervisors/advisers of these companies, it is not official company statements.

This is also true for medical device Notified Bodies who have office in UK, they are reissuing compliance notices and certificates from an Irish address to ensure their status as Notified Bodies remains recognised when UK leave EU.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I am willing to suffer temporary hardship for long-term sovereignty for my island and those that will come after me.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

I have a good friend who is pretty senior in a big finance firm, his entire office have been told that in the summer they should all either expect to be moved to Frankfurt. I read one conservative estimate that up to 10,000 finance jobs will have to be moved out of London.

It’s much more than shipping addresses.

My father in law is a builder in Dublin who is loving it because there are so many contracts that they’re getting ready for when the big finance guys move over to Dublin. He is taking time off just now because in March he is expecting a new contract to begin to get office space sorted out for firms moving over.

The impact on the finance sector (I hate them as much as the next guy) is being totally overlooked. I think it’s because politicians don’t want to be seen as just looking out for big business but it’s a massive risk to our economy.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: BelowLowAnnouncement
I am willing to suffer temporary hardship for long-term sovereignty for my island and those that will come after me.

Oh you certainly will. You suffering already. And those who come after you will suffer even more. Thanks to you. But how do you know its only temporary?

And what do you mean by sovereignty? Do you even know what is it.

edit on 25-1-2019 by Pandaram because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 06:27 AM
link   
m.facebook.com...

Detailed Job loss record due to brexit

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   

You're thinking on a small scale , you need to expand your take into encompassing the bigger issues . Britain's nuclear arsenal : who is in charge of that ? Who payed for it ?
Common union for economic purposes - it's all very well in principle .
But removing the rights of whole countries to veto decisions , by 'adjusting' once required to be unianimous verdicts to be QMV decisions , allowing the EPP partisans to have helped themselves to the table of the European Council , is simply not acceptable . Especially since the Commission the Council empowers is an unelected body and all the EU chiefs are particular partisan selectees .
There is no sacrificing democracy and sovereign policy just for the sake of anyone's economic interests at home , and certainly not those of companies who trade here from abroad . But the view of the EU policy machine , the EPP , is that that is what they want us to do . They have got got so far into economic protectionism as to threaten their neighbours and to make dependent their own beholden householders .
Britain's supporters abroad don't want to see Britain or it's military or it's intelligence powers subsumed into EU control , simply on the basis of this great nation avoiding some imposed economic disadvantages , if they even materialise . Britain's public , supporters of Brexit , understand these things , and between them they're not afraid of the EU , not afraid of regaining independence . Rather , that is what they wish for .

The Monarchy and for that matter the Church of England , are hardly powerless when in control of vast amounts of money land and property as they are . One thing is for sure , they're not about to decamp to China . The City of London Corporation , would not be called that without being in London , UK . And that long standing institution will not be moving, or having to bend to will of 'some bods' of the EU either . Although these elements would like to help themselves into some further control of the financial services market the UK plays host to , it's not going to happen . The City will not just up and leave , it's there with Manhattan Island as a twin financial capital of the world .

There may be attempts to belittle Britain , to make the country look thin and weak , needy , pathetic ... dwarfed by the EU . But it's not . This country's future governments will be swimming in power after leaving the EU . And in turn the EU will not only be matched in strength but significantly restricted by it's cumbersome mechanics , and as discontent with the EU and the EPP itself grows elsewhere on the continent, for example right now in France , in contrast , British life will be plain sailing , happy to be free of it and progressing further towards better outcomes .

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Manufacturing isn’t the problem, as others have pointed out while some leave others are investing.

No the biggest problem is if they cannot sort out the financing sectors passporting rights. Lose the finance sector and we are pretty much doomed. Most of the big finance firms of London are already looking to move out of the city buying up office space in Dublin and Frankfurt. I personally don’t think airbus moving out is a big deal, the real problem is how the every day realities of brexit will impact everyone and all business having a nock on effect throughput the entire economy.

There are zero economic advantages to no-deal brexit and that’s where we’re heading.

Worlds top ten financial cities in the world.......

London
New York
Singapore
Hong Kong
Tokyo
San Francisco
Chicago
Sydney
Boston
Toronto

Not one EU country in the top ten??
The top (no.1) London is going to

move out of the top ten to some obscure financial centre

learn.stashinvest.com...

You must be joking!!!!

edit on 25-1-2019 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join