It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Border Sheriffs: There is No Crisis and We Don’t Want Trump’s Wall

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Texas Border Sheriffs: There is No Crisis and We Don’t Want Trump’s Wall

President Trump visited McAllen earlier this month to drum up support for spending $5.7 billion to build more border wall segments on the U.S.-Mexico border. He staged a press conference surrounded by piles of confiscated drugs, guns and cash, describing the situation at the border as “a national emergency.”

With the government partially shut down over Trump’s funding dispute with Congress, the president is trying to prove that there’s a new, growing “crisis” on the border to pressure Democrats to cave. But law enforcement leaders in at least two border counties, including the sheriff who patrols McAllen, say the picture Trump is painting of the Texas borderlands is inaccurate.

“Because we’re on the border, the perception is that there’s murders every day and there’s shootings every day. Yet here in our county, we don’t have that going on. It’s very, very safe,” Guerra told the Observer.

These are the delusional sheriffs who should be fired. Of course the border where they are and are patrolling is safe. The only reason is their border is safe is because they are patrolling.

What would happen if they don't?

+35 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: AtlasHawk

Sounds like someone doesn't want border security interfering in their bribe money. Maybe an investigation is needed.

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Lots of Democrat Sheriffs on the take 😎

press-pull

+19 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   

One of the few Trump-hating ATS members started a thread on this subject about 2 weeks ago...after Trump's visit to the Tx-Mex border.

When it was determined that those opposing REAL border security were crooked law enforcement, and politicians, who are receiving $$$ and "Favors" from Cartels, Traffickers, Drug Dealers, that subject died quickly.

It's speculated that many members in Congress are "on the take" in this regard, as well.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

Sounds like someone doesn't want border security interfering in their bribe money. Maybe an investigation is needed.

I'm not pointing fingers, but you can take a look at his predecessor and the Panama Unit.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   

They remind me of those Italian politicians mostly on the left who don't the NGO ships to be investigated so now rather then investigating the human traffickers they are investigating the new prime minster.

I agree these Sheriffs need to be investigated if anything they could be even helping out some of the traffickers near the border late at nights.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I'm not pointing fingers, but you can take a look at his predecessor and the Panama Unit.

Thanks for the info Jin. I will look at it.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 11:12 PM
link   
The Mexican Freedom Wall is being built built so it may become the Anvil upon which the suppressed HAMMER OF THE MEXICAN PEOPLE shall smash the criminal organisations which have held them hostage for many many decades now.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AtlasHawk

They remind me of those Italian politicians mostly on the left who don't the NGO ships to be investigated so now rather then investigating the human traffickers they are investigating the new prime minster.

I agree these Sheriffs need to be investigated if anything they could be even helping out some of the traffickers near the border late at nights.

I mean seriously. How many law enforcement individuals would be for less security and not more so as to make it more effective? I guess we could also include Elected Officials in that question.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Most Mexican people are good people. The percentage of bad mexicans is higher in the ones who are coming here illegally than the mix of bad ones in their towns. They see opportunity and go to get money. It is good for the Mexican people that the criminal minded troublesome ones go to America, but I just do not think that we should allow the bad ones in here, we got enough bad people here already. Vett the immigrants and steer them to the places so they can legally come in here if they are good people.

Are those Sheriffs from those towns that commented...Democratic leaning people? Police can lean left or right too, they are not neutral just because they are police. People see what they believe is happening. The Sheriff probably sees that people from his town are employed in border patrol and some might lose their jobs. It may not have anything to do with politics, it could be his brother-in-law would lose his job and never get a pension.

I won't judge the sheriffs, what is best for them and their people in the community is what he must do. If five people lose their jobs, he is not going to say the wall is good.

link   

Yup, the Brewster County Sheriff doesn’t want the wall

link   
Already posted
edit on 24-1-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Yeah I know right what would those sheriff's that patrol the border know about how secure the border is...

edit on 24-1-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Liberals and NeoCons in Europe and America more endless, uncontrollable waves of migration.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Just saying they are people too.

www.apnews.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Wot a #ing hack.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

They couldn't possibly have an ulterior motive to this?? 'cause, well we all know that LEO's are all just totally upstanding law abiding types who'd never, ever, possibly be crooked now, could they...?

So for years now, decades even, the stories have been out there...yet suddenly a few sheriffs are saying "oh, everything is just peachy, we don't need a wall, or increased border security.

Uh-huh... Buy into that if you must. You can have my share.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

They couldn't possibly have an ulterior motive to this?? 'cause, well we all know that LEO's are all just totally upstanding law abiding types who'd never, ever, possibly be crooked now, could they...?

So for years now, decades even, the stories have been out there...yet suddenly a few sheriffs are saying "oh, everything is just peachy, we don't need a wall, or increased border security.

Uh-huh... Buy into that if you must. You can have my share.

OK if you're suggesting they are crooked, sure that's possible, do tell though if they are in fact crooked and benefiting from illegal immigrants, how is a wall going to change anything.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 11:32 PM
link   
President Trump said today that the problem with drones, is that they spot people coming, but they can't be apprehended until they step foot on U.S. soil. At that point, many of them have to be released into the streets of America.

I'm sure before that transfer to border control and subsequent release occurs, lots of contraband is seized and sold. Everything from Drugs to people...seized and sold.

The Wall prevents that from occurring. It doesn't make those who profit from illegal stuff happy, but U.S. citizen lives are saved.
edit on 1/24/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Lots of Democrat Sheriffs on the take 😎

press-pull

Tweedle dee and Tweedle dum, until they get the
visit from El Chapo's amigo's for the pay up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join