It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House To prepare draft national emergency order based on Border Security

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

" I will just hide out while you lunatics all kill each other. "

So , just do the Cowardly thing while the Rest of America Burns ? Maybe you should Move to Canada , I here there are a lot like minded people over there that don't Give a Rats Ahass about Personal Freedom and the Rule of Law either........

Grab your gun big boy off you go...

OK, get behind me , I'll Protect you too ...........

No thankyou...

Ok then , you are on your Own , Good Luck . Don't forget to Duck and Cover when TSHTF ..........

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Here's a 'colorful' video explaining how I feel about the wall situation. As much as I hate this guys language and his other opinions, he hits the wall situation right on the head of the nail. Like I said, It's more of a two nation problem, Mexico has their own, and the US has their own.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Listen. My argument is the wall isn't going to fix the problem that has been pushed, and pushed.

It seems you want to define the problem and demand a 100% solution. That's simply not realistic.

The problem is unrestrained immigration illegally across the southern border. The various aspects of that problem are increased crime, increased gang activity, illegal opioid importation, increased load on social services, human trafficking, overload of unskilled labor markets, and several other things. You are trying to take an individual aspect of the problem and define that aspect as the problem. No. The problem is unchecked illegal immigration across the southern border, and has been since the 1980s.

The logistics of the problem, again for the fourty-eleventh-dozenth time, is that there are wide expanses of the border with Mexico that have absolutely nothing separating desert on the Mexican side from desert on the US side. One can simply walk or drive across at will (yes, one can drive a vehicle on desert sand; I have done so a few times in a loaded semi). A wall (or fence or barrier) would at least make the crossing more difficult and slower, so border patrol can have time to intercept illegal crossers. We are not talking about a CBP shack sitting in front of this line drawn in the sand; we're talking about open expanses with no one in sight until CBP vehicles pass back and forth, which is not most of the time.

For that purpose, yes, a wall will work. Without a wall, nothing else will work.

The Mexico problem is when they themselves can't even get a grip on corruption and gangs, which drive people out of their nation.

Agreed, but that then becomes our problem as well. Those same criminals that are Mexico's problem also want to come here. We have more for them to take.

The national emergency shouldn't be about or focused on Mexico, it should be focused on the border itself, and the fiasco within' the nation itself.

It already is, and always has been. The only ones trying to make it about Mexico are those who oppose it.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Right off the bat, I can reject that video, and I haven't watched it. I have no great desire to listen to someone trying to redefine the problem and change the definition of success without understanding either; I have heard it so many times my ears are tired!

Why can I reject it? Because that wall on the splash is the Great Wall of China. The southern border wall is not to look anything like that. Firstly, it does not need to be ten feet wide; technology has advanced beyond that need. Secondly, it has to be see-through so as not to blind CBP to what is happening on the other side, and thirdly it does not need that medieval look! That's trying to force someone's mental image onto a problem where it is inappropriate.

And that seems to be the whole damn problem.

Try just once to actually research the problem and look at it from a clear perspective... then we can have a serious discussion.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: amazing

border security. The security of a nations borders. That is significantly more of a national emergency for the USA than declaring them for the purpose of levying sanctions or deploying troops to foreignsoil.

How long would you leave your sliding glass doors to the backyard shattered with no fence around your property either???? Like a long long time, or just a little bit long? Do you wait for the animals to start destroying in your home, the thieves?? If it were your own home, it would be an emergency.

The Russians and Iranians are sending assets across the border after deploying in Venezuela and other ports. They will continue to detonate explosives and murder people which is commonly blamed as gas leaks and domestic disputes. The detonations and murders will become more frequent. We must not allow the Communists and Mullahs overrun our nation with sabotage and terrorism, we have to secure our nations Southern border!

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

You're judging a video by its comical cover thumbnail?

The guy in the video is extremely pro trump and anti Democrat 8f that makes a difference for you.

You ignore the video that's on you. It explains exactly what I'm talking about btw. So what ever you said in your replies means nothing to me you're wrong.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: DanDanDat
Someone is leaking to CNN. Someone who should be tried for treason. Trump's too nice to the leakers.

Trump should have an investigation opened by the FBI and call CNN executives to testify and reveal how they got the information. When they refuse, indict them for obstruction of justice.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Yes.

I also ignore any YouTube videos that say they have discovered a way to make free power by connecting a motor and generator together with fans. Sue me.

I base my positions on my knowledge of technology as an electronic research engineer and my personal experiences along the border. Not on YouTube. If the guy makes sense, he makes sense... but I'd bet money he has never been to the border. I have.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Prolly been the plan all along, whip the resistance to communism up via a salesman like Trump and then when Trump is kicked to the curb, the resistance resorts to violence and then is crushed. Vilification of the bigots of the old world thinking is daily instituted & rehab thinking imposed on all Americans. land and resources redistributed, private property sinful.

a reply to: UpIsNowDown

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Yes.

I also ignore any YouTube videos that say they have discovered a way to make free power by connecting a motor and generator together with fans. Sue me.

I base my positions on my knowledge of technology as an electronic research engineer and my personal experiences along the border. Not on YouTube. If the guy makes sense, he makes sense... but I'd bet money he has never been to the border. I have.

TheRedneck

Yea man, you're right. I'm wrong.

Is that what you want to hear?

By the way he lives in Pheonix and does a lot of humanitarian work in Mexico for poor people. So yea I guess he doesn't have an opinion or has facts to say, just like mine clearly go in one ear and out the other.

Ignorance is bliss isn't it?

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Hmmm... Phoenix, eh? OK, might be worth a listen. I'll get back to you.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

It's not an emergency, because it's been going on for 50-60 years...probably 100s of years. Just because we have a president that actually decides to do something about it, and I applaud for trying to do something about it, doesn't mean that it magically becomes an emergency. That's not what emergency means.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
a reply to: Lumenari

It's not an emergency, because it's been going on for 50-60 years...probably 100s of years. Just because we have a president that actually decides to do something about it, and I applaud for trying to do something about it, doesn't mean that it magically becomes an emergency. That's not what emergency means.

Today, it's worse than it was ten years ago, when it was much worse than the prior ten. It will continue to get worse.

So, tell me. At what point does it become a state of emergency?

ETA: Was Obama's 150 billion he gave to Iran, more of an emergency than the wall's 5 billion?
edit on 29-1-2019 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: SourGrapes

NOBODY gets in My House Uninvited . DEAL Wit It America , or you are Fooked .

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   
when a fire starts as a small campfire, it is not an emergency. When it carries over unchecked and grows a bit, maybe its still manageable, but not necessarily an emergency. Eventually, the unchecked fire grows and rages and ruins an entire state, and then it becomes an emergency.

This issue became an emergency long ago, but has been allowed to go unchecked due to special interests from a traitorous political party that seeks to destroy America as we all know it, and that party is the DNC.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
when a fire starts as a small campfire, it is not an emergency. When it carries over unchecked and grows a bit, maybe its still manageable, but not necessarily an emergency. Eventually, the unchecked fire grows and rages and ruins an entire state, and then it becomes an emergency.

This issue became an emergency long ago, but has been allowed to go unchecked due to special interests from a traitorous political party that seeks to destroy America as we all know it, and that party is the DNC.

Still not an emergency though. If you have high crime and never do anything about poverty or train any new police officers etc you still have high crime. not an emergency but you still want to do something about it. That's the wall.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join