It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House To prepare draft national emergency order based on Border Security

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

More crimes are committed by actual citizens than illegals

And snap beans are going for $3 a bushel in Chongqing.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 06:08 AM
link   
"Emergency"

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Linik

The White House is preparing a draft proclamation for President Donald Trump to declare a national emergency along the southern border and has identified more than $7 billion in potential funds for his signature border wall should he go that route, according to internal documents reviewed by CNN.

So now that we know there is an actual draft in play and it is asking for more money than before it seems that he is ready to finally play hardball. There are many many reasons...

1. They are hindering the SOTU Address
2. No funds for the wall will pass in Congress right now
3. An appropriations bill is still not passed.
4. Democrats will not allow Coast Guard to be paid
5. Saying no before a meeting
6. Rejecting DACA extension

He is well within his legal right as president to do this. What is the reaction going to be if he actually does it? Still cannot confirm if he can EO salaries for the furloughed workers.

Do YOU think he should be allowed to do this?

Its certainly within his rights as the president, therefore I think he should be allowed to do it. Whether it is in fact prudent given the precedent it sets is another question. Being a strong conservative yourself, how would you feel if the next Democratic president used an emergency declaration to enact sweeping climate change prerogatives in the energy sector across the country (as a hypothetical)?

Is it not a dangerous slippery slope to begin sliding down in such a grand fashion?

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Gonna make a national emergency about that too?

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   

About the price of beans in China? Really?

Have you ever heard of the concept of "comprehension"?

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
He is well within his legal right as president to do this. What is the reaction going to be if he actually does it?

The left (which obviously includes the MSM) will just scream even harder about how Trump is an evil racist/fascist/dictator/bigot/white male/etc.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Well you're making a national emergency for a Mexican problem, might as well do it for other nations.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   

How is illegal immigration into the US a Mexican problem?

This should be good...

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
The Supreme Court has good as granted an daca extension by not hearing the case. tRump is being played like a fiddle. Of course he’s probably huddled in a corner binging on Big Macs waiting for his indictments to be handed down. What’s that I smell? Hmmm smells like collusion to me. a reply to: matafuchs

edit on 25-1-2019 by soundguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Well majority of it is being pinned on Mexico. General illegal immigration with people coming from Mexico is because of a Mexican problem mainly.

But the whole national emergency thing is being based off drugs and gangs and criminals getting into the US, but that's not a Mexico problem that's more of a domestic problem. Time and time again its proven that criminals will get in, drugs will get in. And they get in because of crooked authority and high demand.

Just look at what happened with el chapo and Chicago, you honestly think all those gang members and drugs were smuggled in over an open part of the border?

This is the thing. I get people want a tighter grip on illegal immigration, the wall or what ever it is now will stop most non criminal migrants.

But the reason and the push, the narrative to fight off criminals and drugs isnt the truth, it's a scare tactic. At this point what is the truth?

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Well majority of it is being pinned on Mexico. General illegal immigration with people coming from Mexico is because of a Mexican problem mainly.

Again, how does that make it Mexico's problem? Also, most of the present problems are with people from Honduras and Guatemala. Those are not part of Mexico.

But the whole national emergency thing is being based off drugs and gangs and criminals getting into the US, but that's not a Mexico problem that's more of a domestic problem. Time and time again its proven that criminals will get in, drugs will get in. And they get in because of crooked authority and high demand.

And because it is so easy to do.

But regardless of that, are you suggesting we make all crime legal because we can't stop it? Or are you saying we should just ignore the problem because it's hard?

Just look at what happened with el chapo and Chicago, you honestly think all those gang members and drugs were smuggled in over an open part of the border?

Are you saying they rode in through a checkpoint with "El Chapo" written across the side of their low-rider? That's like saying you only have half of a pasture fenced off, but you don't think the wolves are coming in through the open part so there's no need to fence it all in.

If they weren't caught, they probably did come in through the open border!

This is the thing. I get people want a tighter grip on illegal immigration, the wall or what ever it is now will stop most non criminal migrants.

I guarantee you it will not stop a single non-criminal from getting in. Not one. How can I make that statement? Because it is a crime to cross the border without permission. That's why they're called "illegal" immigrants: they broke the law.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I’ve changed my mind. I think we would be better off placing a wall on the Western Border. How many Californian Refugees escape into the broader US bringing goofy ideas with them? Infiltrating government offices demanding unconstitutional ideas that fail at huge expense and suffering to the American Taxpayers?

Western Border Wall is long past due.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

It would be cheaper to pay Mexico's costs if they offered free healthcare and free marijuana in Tijuana... then erect the wall when everyone goes to Tijuana.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Topic is titled "White House To prepare draft national emergency order based on Border Security "

yet we clearly have a thread filled with subtle threats to members about civil wars and shooting each other, if this wall ever gets built, I think you need another wall down the middle of America, you guys become so stereotypical

Fear the boogeyman, grab your gun and shoot the nearest target, its funny to read it really is

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Mexico is letting these people through, and their own people are fleeing for a better life, that's why it's a Mexico problem.

Your second point makes no sense. Where did I say that? I'm pointing out the truth that criminals will get in regardless.

They caught el chapo and his gang has been spilling the beans on how they did it. They literally just drove right in, flew right in, etc. They paid off border cops, military, had rings of gangs in the states, left right and center. How is a wall going to stop that? When they go through ports of entry 90% of the time? Again, that's not a Mexico problem.

And finally yea yea, everyone outside the US is a criminal I get it. Big bad scary Mexican farmer on an expired work Visa is going to cause chaos to your non existent healthcare, free education, and low wage jobs.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Mexico is letting these people through, and their own people are fleeing for a better life, that's why it's a Mexico problem.

Letting them through is not a problem for Mexico... if it were, they'd be doing something about it. Not letting them through is Mexico's problem, like what's happening in Tijuana.

Your second point makes no sense. Where did I say that? I'm pointing out the truth that criminals will get in regardless.

You appeared to insinuate that since the wall won't stop all crime, it was useless. Therefore, since nothing known to mankind will stop all crime, what is the use of making a crime criminal? Is that not your point?

They caught el chapo and his gang has been spilling the beans on how they did it. They literally just drove right in, flew right in, etc. They paid off border cops, military, had rings of gangs in the states, left right and center. How is a wall going to stop that? When they go through ports of entry 90% of the time?

So you really think they are just going to spill the beans on how they actually got in? To what do you attribute this sudden change of morality among El Chapo's gang? Did they find religion?

I find it amazing that known criminals are assumed to be completely truthful, but the US President is assumed to be 100% untruthful... except when what he says can be used against him, of course.

Again, that's not a Mexico problem.

Didn't you just say it was?

And finally yea yea, everyone outside the US is a criminal I get it.

Does everyone outside the US cross the US border illegally? That is the most ludicrous assertion you have made yet, and to be honest, that's saying something. I stated clearly that all illegal immigrants are criminals because they committed an illegal act by crossing the border illegally. How in the wild, wild world of sports did you twist that around to mean everyone not a US citizen is illegal?

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

" I will just hide out while you lunatics all kill each other. "

So , just do the Cowardly thing while the Rest of America Burns ? Maybe you should Move to Canada , I here there are a lot like minded people over there that don't Give a Rats Ahass about Personal Freedom and the Rule of Law either........

Grab your gun big boy off you go...

OK, get behind me , I'll Protect you too ...........

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

" I will just hide out while you lunatics all kill each other. "

So , just do the Cowardly thing while the Rest of America Burns ? Maybe you should Move to Canada , I here there are a lot like minded people over there that don't Give a Rats Ahass about Personal Freedom and the Rule of Law either........

Grab your gun big boy off you go...

OK, get behind me , I'll Protect you too ...........

No thankyou...

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
"Emergency"

Nice chart. It would appear that since '04 the Mexican illegals have been getting consistently better at evading apprehension. Not sure how this is definitive proof fewer are coming, only proof fewer are caught.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Listen. My argument is the wall isn't going to fix the problem that has been pushed, and pushed.

When I watch a video of your president sitting there rambling on and on, repeating himself about MS13, drugs, criminals, all the bad stuff in that comes out of Mexico. It's a poor argument to push for MORE security, when the problem is WITHIN the US and AT the border when it comes to those issues.

When it comes to general illegal immigration, for one most aren't even from south / central america, and most aren't 'illegal' at all, they were given permission to study or work, INVITED by companies and schools, AGAIN NOT A MEXICO PROBLEM.

The Mexico problem is when they themselves can't even get a grip on corruption and gangs, which drive people out of their nation.

The national emergency shouldn't be about or focused on Mexico, it should be focused on the border itself, and the fiasco within' the nation itself. But, Trump can't do that, he won't, so he does the next best thing. Blame the other guy.

Also your comments on criminals who are caught and spending the rest of their days behind bars, they're going to talk and throw as many law enforcement under the bus if they can. They already snitched on a navy seal smuggling over 1 million dollars worth of drugs. Stop putting your head in the sand and ignoring the facts, the border situation isn't as black and white as "Bad people come from Mexico, lets build a wall!"

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join