It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House To prepare draft national emergency order based on Border Security

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Oh I can look after myself and would protect my family with a ruthless tenure, I will just stay out of the initial conflict between those of you that are frothing at the mouth and looking to kill anyone that looks like they indulge in wrongthink.

It is to bad the families of the one's killed by illegal aliens doesn't get the chance to defend their loved one, because Orange Man Bad.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

Oh I can look after myself and would protect my family with a ruthless tenure, I will just stay out of the initial conflict between those of you that are frothing at the mouth and looking to kill anyone that looks like they indulge in wrongthink.

It appears it is you frothing

Oh right, please do tell how you came up with that wisdom?

(post by hopenotfeariswhatweneed removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 10:44 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Build the Wall so Crime can Fall 😎

I guess if there are just 10 fewer murders, and 100 fewer heroin deaths, and 5 fewer Americans killed by Illegals driving drunk...CRIME HAS FALLEN. Good slogan!

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

No I think the dribble you posted above is stupid.
edit on 24-1-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I'm going to join the lunatics and eat peoples faces.

So I say bring it on because i'm hungry.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 10:58 PM
link   

a reply to: highvein

No I think the dribble you posted above is stupid.

Well you think Orange Man Bad.....soooooooo…..scream at the sky, I hear that helps TDS sufferers.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

According to options being considered, the administration could pull: $681 million from treasury forfeiture funds, $3.6 billion in military construction, $3 billion in Pentagon civil works funds, and $200 million in Department of Homeland Security funds, the official said.

Here is what some bs media said.
If he does this it has to all come from the military budget.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

" I will just hide out while you lunatics all kill each other. "

So , just do the Cowardly thing while the Rest of America Burns ? Maybe you should Move to Canada , I here there are a lot like minded people over there that don't Give a Rats Ahass about Personal Freedom and the Rule of Law either........

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Last time the senate voted on a house bill to open the government but with no wall funding they were able to flip 8 republicans.

This time they got 12. They need 8 more to pass it in the senate.

How many dems have flipped and voted for wall funding bills?

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

I'm reading that it has to all come from the military budget .

Which by the way I am fine with.

Bring back our troops, close some bases, use the money that would have gone to all that to build a wall.

I wonder if bolton is really the reason trumps hasn't done this yet?
I know he's the reason the syrian pullout might never happen.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

" I will just hide out while you lunatics all kill each other. "

So , just do the Cowardly thing while the Rest of America Burns ? Maybe you should Move to Canada , I here there are a lot like minded people over there that don't Give a Rats Ahass about Personal Freedom and the Rule of Law either........

Grab your gun big boy off you go...

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Last time the senate voted on a house bill to open the government but with no wall funding they were able to flip 8 republicans.

This time they got 12. They need 8 more to pass it in the senate.

How many dems have flipped and voted for wall funding bills?

12 so far just not enough yet.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 11:39 PM
link   
The best option he has available. We fully support this,
and will make contacts with Congress to communicate
100% backing of this action.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: amazing
Bad thing. It's an issue that needs to be resolved, like 100 issues are country is facing, but it's not a national emergency.

Now every president can say this. Healthcare is a national emergency. Climate Change is a national emergency. Abortion is a national emergency. Police brutality is a national emergency. Tax reform is a national emergency. POt legalization is a national emergency. Prison over population is a national emergency. DACA is a national emergency. School lunch is a national emergency.

~sigh~

The United States Code (Title 42, Chapter 68, Subchapter I, §5122), now defines emergency as follows:

Emergency means any occasion or instance for which, in the determination of the President, Federal assistance is needed to supplement State and local efforts and capabilities to save lives and to protect property and public health and safety, or to lessen or avert the threat of a catastrophe in any part of the United States.

I seriously doubt that anything you listed rises to the level of the actual definition.

I'm assuming you are one of those people that live out in a field because walls don't work?

Or is it just not an emergency in your particular case because you haven't had a family member killed by someone who shouldn't be in the country in the first pace?

/facepalm

I can 100% see them trying to shoe horn Climate Change into that definition......it would be total BS, but that wont stop them.

Then they would have to prove a climate theory.

I dunno, I heard tell the world only has about 12 years left to do that..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 25-1-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

www.cnn.com... bush declared 13 obama 12 seems trump is gonna declare one?

George W. Bush declared 13 emergencies and Barack Obama declared 12 -- nearly all of which are still active today. Bill Clinton declared 17 national emergencies, six of which are still active. Ronald Reagan declared six and George H.W. Bush declared four -- but all of those have been revoked by now. The first declaration under the National Emergencies Act of 1974 came during the Iran hostage crisis -- a national emergency that is still active today. Jimmy Carter blocked Iranian government property from entering the country. It's been renewed each year by all presidents since then. Presidents must renew national emergencies every year because the statute lets emergencies automatically expire after one year.
so yes id say he can and will

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Linik

The White House is preparing a draft proclamation for President Donald Trump to declare a national emergency along the southern border and has identified more than $7 billion in potential funds for his signature border wall should he go that route, according to internal documents reviewed by CNN.

So now that we know there is an actual draft in play and it is asking for more money than before it seems that he is ready to finally play hardball. There are many many reasons...

1. They are hindering the SOTU Address
2. No funds for the wall will pass in Congress right now
3. An appropriations bill is still not passed.
4. Democrats will not allow Coast Guard to be paid
5. Saying no before a meeting
6. Rejecting DACA extension

He is well within his legal right as president to do this. What is the reaction going to be if he actually does it? Still cannot confirm if he can EO salaries for the furloughed workers.

Do YOU think he should be allowed to do this?

Look, its been said many times since he won, those in charge will put him behind them like a battered animal. Why do I say this, because those in charge against America are like dogs with rabies .

The USA needs the peoples support now more then ever.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

More crimes are committed by actual citizens than illegals, and more drugs go through port authority than smuggling.

So what should be the priority if it's about protecting citizens?

If you want to base it off the highest crime statistics the national emergency should be directed towards WITHIN the US, not driven towards Mexico.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 05:18 AM
link   
What Trump should do at this point:

Declare a National Emergency based on border security and the inability of Congress to fund it. He needs to include in that National Emergency plan two very important items:
  • Pay Coast Guard employees who are required to work as well as contractors for needed services to keep the Coast Guard operating.
  • Construct a wall... completely. Not part of it; all of it.
So the judge who tries to give an injunction is also declaring that the Coast Guard will not get paid. That is likely why the Senate tried to get a bill passed to pay the Coast Guard yesterday. The definition in the law states "to protect life and property" of US citizens, and not only are the Coast Guard US citizens who now stand to lose their property despite still working, they are also politically a group that has overall public support.

If an activist judge tries to stop them from being paid, there will be a massive political backlash. Combined with the Senate's refusal to pass either a bill with funding or a bill without funding for the wall, and the House's refusal to pay furloughed Federal workers, Trump will hold the high ground. Oh, there will be pundits crying left and right about abuse of power, but the public will see the Coast Guard's pay being held up by one activist, leftist judge. That alone will destroy the Democratic party completely and put us in the unenviable position of having a single political party.

Then Trump can simply ask the Republicans in the Senate to pass the House's CR and sign it. Shutdown over, and it was Trump who signed the bill to do it. President Donald J. Trump will be a hero and a shoe-in for his next term. I doubt even CNN would be able to spin that around. As a plus, every Democratic Presidential candidate for 2020 will have to explain why they supported the shutdown that Trump solved.

"Sometimes a President has to drag the country kicking and screaming to where they need to be." I still remember those words, uttered by a high school civics teacher way back in the days before the Stone age. That means that sometimes a President has to simply do what he knows is right, damn the complaints, and show the American people that his decision was the right one. It's similar to a soldier who is disobeying an illegal command... yes, he can disobey, but he will face the most severe punishment if he is wrong, or verification of his decision if he is right. Trump will have to face the slings and arrows of those who have been lying about the wall from day one (it's not important enough to fund a wall, but it's important enough to deport DACAs and shut down the government), but in the end the voters will decide if he was right or wrong.

I described the best case above... worst case, though? Well, the government is funded, we now have a wall along the southern border, Donald Trump is defeated in his re-election bid and goes back to being a super-wealthy media/real estate tycoon, and the country has to deal with a Democrat for a President. That last one worries me after surviving 8 years of Obama, but the point is that it will not hurt Donald Trump personally.

Oh, the pundits will scream and rejoice about their defeat of the evil Trump monster... but it'll be little different than when they did the same about the removal of Bill O'Reilly. He was 'forced' to leave Fox a few short months before his already-announced retirement date, so all he got was an early retirement and probably a nice chunk of severance pay to boot. He's likely sitting on some Caribbean beach as we type, living large, sipping on a cool Mai-Tai, watching the young girls in bikinis, and laughing his butt off at the pundits who hailed his victory as some sort of defeat in their twisted minds. I heard the other day he is actually getting ready to have another book published. Oh, the horror of luxury!

So it would be with Trump... worst case. As an ex-President, his opinion would be at a premium for audiences, That's the absolute worst thing that could happen.

So the Democrats have already lost. There is no win for them on this issue. It's like they have a lone king and pawn on the board, and their opponent still has all his pieces. It's like a football score of 63-0 with 30 seconds left in the 4th quarter and the winning team has the ball. The game is over, just the players going through a few more moves to make it official.

The one scary part is that in both similes above, there is a final way out: tip over the chess board, or start a riot on the field. I hope the Democrats do not go that far, but given their recent brazen arrogance and calls for physical violence against fellow citizens... who knows at his point? War comes?

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join