It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House To prepare draft national emergency order based on Border Security

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Bad thing. It's an issue that needs to be resolved, like 100 issues are country is facing, but it's not a national emergency.

Now every president can say this. Healthcare is a national emergency. Climate Change is a national emergency. Abortion is a national emergency. Police brutality is a national emergency. Tax reform is a national emergency. POt legalization is a national emergency. Prison over population is a national emergency. DACA is a national emergency. School lunch is a national emergency.

~sigh~

The United States Code (Title 42, Chapter 68, Subchapter I, §5122), now defines emergency as follows:

Emergency means any occasion or instance for which, in the determination of the President, Federal assistance is needed to supplement State and local efforts and capabilities to save lives and to protect property and public health and safety, or to lessen or avert the threat of a catastrophe in any part of the United States.

I seriously doubt that anything you listed rises to the level of the actual definition.

I'm assuming you are one of those people that live out in a field because walls don't work?

Or is it just not an emergency in your particular case because you haven't had a family member killed by someone who shouldn't be in the country in the first pace?

/facepalm

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Bad thing. It's an issue that needs to be resolved, like 100 issues are country is facing, but it's not a national emergency.

Now every president can say this. Healthcare is a national emergency. Climate Change is a national emergency. Abortion is a national emergency. Police brutality is a national emergency. Tax reform is a national emergency. POt legalization is a national emergency. Prison over population is a national emergency. DACA is a national emergency. School lunch is a national emergency.

~sigh~

The United States Code (Title 42, Chapter 68, Subchapter I, §5122), now defines emergency as follows:

Emergency means any occasion or instance for which, in the determination of the President, Federal assistance is needed to supplement State and local efforts and capabilities to save lives and to protect property and public health and safety, or to lessen or avert the threat of a catastrophe in any part of the United States.

I seriously doubt that anything you listed rises to the level of the actual definition.

I'm assuming you are one of those people that live out in a field because walls don't work?

Or is it just not an emergency in your particular case because you haven't had a family member killed by someone who shouldn't be in the country in the first pace?

/facepalm

I can 100% see them trying to shoe horn Climate Change into that definition......it would be total BS, but that wont stop them.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

~sigh~

/facepalm

I can 100% see them trying to shoe horn Climate Change into that definition......it would be total BS, but that wont stop them.

Then they would have to prove a climate theory.

It's a lot easier to prove a murder.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Past examples of Federal Judges blocking Trump have been Executive Orders. Not Emergency Declarations. I’ve been researching but haven’t found an example in history of a Federal judge blocking that. Anyone have an example?

The National Emergency law leaves a ton of discretion to the President and it can only be reversed by enactment of a law doing so or by the President. The law would require the Presidents signature or an override by 2/3 vote of the House and the Senate.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

He should have done this from day one and spared the workers and the country all this hostility...what a giant waste of time.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

~sigh~

/facepalm

Yup, they'd claim addressing climate change is saving lives, protecting property, and public health.... Remember AOC thinks climate change is her generation's world war II....

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

He should have done this from day one and spared the workers and the country all this hostility...what a giant waste of time.

He isn't a dictator. How was he supposed to know congress wouldn't do their job?

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Pelosi and the rest of the democrat party are staging a political insurrection which is fully illegal, unconstitutional etc. It isn't simply disagreeing with President Trump about anything in particular, it is more like an illegal political blockade in full contradiction to their actual authority.

They need to be held liable in a criminal context.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Our country is heading for a civil war because of insane losers on the left.

That's rubbish, a civil war will only break out if the angry stupid people keep pushing division and intolerance. There are just as many retarded angry people on the right and for that matter between both the left and the right.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

And it may be coming. If anyone could do it it would be Trump.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

That's rubbish, a civil war will only break out if the angry stupid people keep pushing division and intolerance. There are just as many retarded angry people on the right and for that matter between both the left and the right.

Glad I’m on the well armed side.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

I will just hide out while you lunatics all kill each other.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   
He really doesn’t have a choice at this point. You have a do nothing Congress and they are ignoring any positive impact like DACA and backpay for Coast Guard simply because they put politics before people or the safety of our nation.

This would not have been my first choice, but the bottom line is he was elected because he has the balls to do the right thing and stand up to bullies like Nancy Pelosi. The President’s base will love this move.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

I will just hide out while you lunatics all kill each other.

The armed populous will be your last line of defense from the TRUE lunatics, and they won't have any proclaimed political affiliation, nor will they care what your politics are. What, you think a situation like that will have crazy killers coming out looking for victims, but have a secret exemption code for YOUR type of person?

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
He can do it, no doubt about it, it's well within presidential powers constitutionally. But...

The liberal courts will knock it down almost immediately, and keep it tied up in the courts indefinitely.

So, it would be essentially a symbiotic ineffective move.

But will further expose the left's extreme opposition to much needed southern border security.

Court cant stop him it's clear its within his powers under the constitution. And while it's in court he can proceed with it. The only issue becomes hes robbing someone of funding to build the wall. Because he has to take it from the budget somewhere

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Oh I can look after myself and would protect my family with a ruthless tenure, I will just stay out of the initial conflict between those of you that are frothing at the mouth and looking to kill anyone that looks like they indulge in wrongthink.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Oh I can look after myself and would protect my family with a ruthless tenure, I will just stay out of the initial conflict between those of you that are frothing at the mouth and looking to kill anyone that looks like they indulge in wrongthink.

It appears it is you frothing

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Pelosi is in a rough spot she cant appear to give in to Trump. If she does her base will disappear quickly. She is barely holding on as it is look at all the Democrats that are having to apologize for things they did in the past. Actually apologized for locking up crack dealers! I'm not sure what that says about the party today when they are for people dying from drug overdoses and have to apologize for trying to stop it.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

It is a waste of time trying to come to an agreement with the left while they suffer from TDS, but as our President he had to try.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: ausername
He can do it, no doubt about it, it's well within presidential powers constitutionally. But...

The liberal courts will knock it down almost immediately, and keep it tied up in the courts indefinitely.

So, it would be essentially a symbiotic ineffective move.

But will further expose the left's extreme opposition to much needed southern border security.

Court cant stop him it's clear its within his powers under the constitution. And while it's in court he can proceed with it. The only issue becomes hes robbing someone of funding to build the wall. Because he has to take it from the budget somewhere
well it’s a huge pool of funds to dip into and every line item is packed with contingency so in other words lots of pork. He can find 7 b without working too hard.

I hope that he does it real soon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join