It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else tired of self checkout lanes?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: pavil
a reply to: JAGStorm

The Kroger by us has handheld scanners or a phone app that you use to scan and bag your stuff while you shop.

I love it. It speeds up checkout too.

Wow, I like that. That way sounds quicker too!
What state are you in, I'm just curious if it will be here any time soon.

Michigan but even by me, not all the Kroger have it.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof

originally posted by: BoneSay

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
I get tired of seeing people with 1-3 items standing 3-4 people deep in the only cashier checkout land and then there are 8 open self checkout lanes and there I am doing my 3-6 week grocery shopping and I have to wait for these people who are certainly young enough to understand the self checkout.

Why would people choose to wait in a line, with a couple items rather than use the self checkout? I've even done self checkout with an almost full cart b/c the line was so long at the cashier/lane. It's not like these people have a special need to use the cashier/checkout and even if they did, there are 2 attendants at the self checkout.

IDK what is going on in this world some times....

So go to the self checkout, there are 8 free for you alone to use....

Do you like to hit your head against the wall too just to feel like the wall is mistreating you?

Or order online and let them get the stuff to you, so you don't have to deal with dirty dumb people

Then you won't have to also be in line while complaining about other people being in line instead of using the self checkout so you are not bothered at all

It must be so difficult to have mental disabilities. I feel for you. Simple reading comprehension must be just terribly difficult for you so I'll let your ridiculous reply go. If you want, maybe go back and re-read my post and take it SLOW, maybe sound the words out as you see them. Keep practicing and some day you will be able to understand other people's posts.

blah blah blah nlah nlah, be honest for once and admit you want privilege

Are you a grown up? Why are you so weak?

think about this, every other think you say is about how you are not treated special, just look at your past comments, always complaining someone got it better than you!

grow up old kid

i cant believe you call us snowflakes and you act as a man kid

Grow up!

and going to that thread and doing a child like comment only made me think you are probably a fake adult, or you emotional level is at 12 years old

Stop temper trantum all over the place

blah blah blah blah blah

anything you say is worthless for me, you dont have a clue, stop crying and acting up. if you dont like it go somewhere else or tell them to move away, right then and there! Cry cry cry buhuhu

Be strong, you clearly have no clue about it at all

but you throw stupid arguments to me, i don't care! you became a whatever thing, by your own actions. you just don't know it yet
edit on 26-1-2019 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

Also think about this, the thread was all about removing the self check out lines.....

you came to do your temper trantum about why people dont use them more so you have to spend less time in line!

lmfao!
edit on 26-1-2019 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I love self check out...I scan 3 items then whoops 1 item doesnt get scanned.

Lots of freebies

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I prefer self checkouts because then I don't have to make awkward small talk with the person on the till, but I like them a lot more than they like me.

'Help is coming' happens all too often.

Plus you have to queue up to use them now. When did that start?
edit on 26.1.2019 by CJCrawley because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley
I prefer self checkouts because then I don't have to make awkward small talk with the person on the till, but I like them a lot more than they like me.

'Help is coming' happens all too often.

Plus you have to queue up to use them now. When did that start?

A lot of people also prefer them just like you

I don't even go buy stuff anymore, i order online whatever i need and 1 hour later it is there at the doorstep, i keep a list of the things i need every 15 days or so and i just go into the app and order the same list again, add/remove anything not needed and there it goes

Then i don't waste my time going to buy stuff and instead use it to go out or watch a movie or whatever else

Makes me happy not to be bothered about having to go buy stuff and find annoying people doing annoying things, i never liked to go shopping around anyways, unless it is for clothes that need to be tried on.

Anything else can be ordered online and be done with it with zero effort

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: JAGStorm

Oh hell no.
I love self check lanes just so I don't have to talk to the morons running the registers.
Walmart has great self check lanes.
They don't weigh the products after you scan them.
The only time I need to talk to a human is when I buy beer.

Exactly. I hate talking to humans! Just yesterday the self checkout lane was closed so I ad to use a human. The cashier lady put only a few items in some of the bags so I just put one in another so i didnt have to handle so many bags.

She actually complained about it and proceded with this long spiel about how she is some sort of expert when it comes to what and how many items should go into each bag...after a few minutes I just had to walk away.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join