It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patton Oswalt Responds To Online Attacker By Donating Money To Troll’s GoFundMe Page

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   
article
I know it's Huffington Post, but it's the best representation of the story I found.

Summary: A guy left some troll-ish comments tagging Patton on twitter. Patton looks at guy's timeline and sees a GoFundMe for medical bills. Donates and urges his followers to donate.

This is where we need to be. I'm sick of this "liberals have no morals" "conservatives have no conscience" bs we hear every day. Sometimes we need to step out of the echo chamber and realize that at the other end of your argument is a person, and you may not know the whole story.

Note: I put this in the mud-pit because I know people are going to make crappy comments on both sides of the political spectrum. I just wanted to point out that we can have different opinions and still be good to each other.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Oswalt did that for nothing other than publicity. No left, no right, no politics, but “look at me, look at me”.

While I like this guy in sit-coms, if his first tweet in this article is indicative of his tweet skills, I’m not sure why they would be called skilled tweets...pretty much the stupidest thing I’ve read in a while.

And I won’t be feeling sorry for anyone who gets scammed by this latest go fund me gimme money.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: angrypsycho1977

Not a fan, but I will commend his action. Even if he may have went searching for nefarious reasons, he showed compassion and did a good deed.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Something is fishy here, as in "periodic national news headline about 'poor kid/singlemom/man who filed bankruptcy finds bank bag containing $100,000 and immediately turns it in to police' that turns up every 4 months or so on ALL MSM outlets like clockwork" fishy. The time stamps on those tweets indicate that in less than an hour's time the guy went from lightly ragging on Oswalt to singing his praises and talking about how many new liberal friends he has while forwarding it all to his brother who also has a bunch of medical bills and is up against hard luck, he even had an emailed interview with HuffPo less than 30 minutes after Oswalt's donation to his GoFundMe.

Things don't happen that quickly in this world unless they have been carefully choreographed. I am filing this under the "highly questionable" category.
edit on 24-1-2019 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   
The same patton oswalt that has said despicable things about people he doesnt like?

The same one who said this just last week:

I want #NathanPhillips to be the only name that's remembered from today's ugliness. Nathan Phillips. Not the horde of bland, frightened, forgettable kids who'll grow up to be bland, frightened, forgotten adult wastes. Nathan. Phillips.

Or this

Women enjoy rape. Grow the f*** up, all of you. — Patton Oswalt (@pattonoswalt) August 17, 2013

He has a history of just being a complete douche to people, and targetting people .......anything he does is just to stay relevant.....

I commend him on helping this guy, but I find people that do stuff "out of the goodness of their heart" for attention to be one of the lowest forms of humans........

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Who cares what this scumbag thinks or does. Waste of a human being. Absolute trash.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I'm not a fan of Patton Oswalt.

But at least he knows how to be classy.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I'm not on the social media circles anymore so I don't get this "such and such was said on Twitter" news.

Still a decent act on his part, however.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Consider me...conditioned.

I'll never see an act of kindness as anymore than a chance to grab more attention from celebrities.

Whether they be an A,B,C etc class actor doesn't matter.
edit on 24-1-2019 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I know it stemmed from political disagreement, but does the act itself have to be political? Patton did a good deed. Good on him. I think he's a funny comedian despite my differences in political opinion. Not everything has to be political. I'm happy to hear this guy got his medical funds, and even if it was for political points, Patton deserves them.
Good news.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I get that sentiment, but all in all IF the guy was truly in need and got what he needed I can take solace in that.

Patton Oswalt

@pattonoswalt

7h

Whew! Is your cousin the one who had sepsis or was it you? Either way I’m glad the $$$ goal was met. And PLEASE understand that people like

@AOC

are battling so you DON’T have to depend on GoFundMe to live with dignity and vigor. (And I’m working on getting to Alabama...)"

Unless people really buy into that , because it will be a bigger detriment to everyone in the long run and will totally awash him of any good deeds ever.
edit on 1/24/2019 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

I don't disparage the guy who got help at all.

Good for him. However I think the money came from a very selfish place, especially considering the tweet you just posted.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us
Oswalt did that for nothing other than publicity. No left, no right, no politics, but “look at me, look at me”.

While I like this guy in sit-coms, if his first tweet in this article is indicative of his tweet skills, I’m not sure why they would be called skilled tweets...pretty much the stupidest thing I’ve read in a while.

And I won’t be feeling sorry for anyone who gets scammed by this latest go fund me gimme money.

He's probably just sick of trolls. Seems like he is trying to do something different. Being positive, instead of hating the hate...

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Hey maybe you're right. However, if you're in a bad medical condition, you have all the time in the world sit and hit refresh and wait for your favorite celebrity to respond.

I see your point though. I just don't see a comedian who has already hit fame choreographing such a silly stunt. Might be true though...

Doesn't matter. Hopefully the point will be gotten.... This political hate is a bad disease...

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Cool, I need that new Ferrari.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:33 AM
link   
That was a nice thing to do.

Doesn't in any way, at all, excuse his actions over the past few days towards those kids. Not one bit.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Who TF is Patton Oswalt

Seriously....

new topics

top topics

join