It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over One-Thousand U.S. Media Jobs Terminated in a Single Day...An Accelerating Trend.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

So you're saying you should just follow the mob instead of the watchful eye from the outside?

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Please watch these videos, in reality You don't have to watch the whole thing of either to get the gist..

Now imagine You own one of the stations and in lieu of paying a "reporter/journalist" You only have to get a "reader"...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Just the facts. I don't want commentary. I don't need to be entertained. I don't want to see or hear from some propped individual they want to push off as a celebrity, that only regurgitate the sad script they have been provided. I don't want folks sitting around bantering, drinking, or imitating the trend of the day.

Just the darn facts.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
a reply to: carewemust

I think legal costs, lawsuits and liability issues are going to be a major factor soon for many of these media outlets.

Stay tuned!

The MAGA hat teens who were slandered by the MSM this week are suing several outlets and Hollywood actors at 5pm tomorrow, if they don't apologize by then.

contemptor.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
It’s hard to have sympathy when many of them are acting as propagandists and divisive shills.

I 100% agree, but didn't want to put that statement in the O.P., due to the nature of this particular forum.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

So you're saying you should just follow the mob instead of the watchful eye from the outside?

Trust no one or nothing you can't independently source or verify. It's that simple.

Journalism is dead, RIP.... The major news media are all agenda driven agencies for corporate entities, they "shape public opinion" and are not interested in informing the public in any objective way.

Consider yourself warned!

edit on 24-1-2019 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Occasionally, you come across a small publication that is a real jewel. Take the Epoch Times for instance: www.theepochtimes.com... . It is clean, without annoying ads, auto-play pop-out videos. It also has high quality writers on staff.

In fact, the U.S. House has been sending closed-door testimony transcripts from Bruce Ohr, Lisa Page, and others, exclusively to Epoch Times over the past 20 days.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Good clips! One of our top Chicago news Anchors (ABC-7) resigned awhile back, because he felt they had become more of an entertainment enterprise than a news organization.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   
These media outlets are repurposing $$$ from salaries to prepare for incoming legal fees and settlements.
It's that simple.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I have just recently discovered the epoch times. I am still undecided on its position.

Ever since aljazeera started to lean more to the left I have been looking for a more level headed news source. Vice is my go to for investigative journalism I like Reuters as well.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

Huffington Post is also eliminating the "Opinion" section from their publication.

Isn’t that their whole publication?

Yeah, but now they don't have to risk hearing different opinions.
edit on 24-1-2019 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Good clips! One of our top Chicago news Anchors (ABC-7) resigned awhile back, because he felt they had become more of an entertainment enterprise than a news organization.

Now add this: "Propaganda is now "lawful" and has been since Sept. 15, 2015 So the Media really isn't 'lying' per se. It is important because basically it reads "Gov't. repeals ban; spreads Gov'.t made news to Americans..." What could go wrong?

foreignpolicy.com...

obamawhitehouse.archives.gov...

Frank Zappa
“Government is the Entertainment division of the military-industrial complex.”

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

At least the British Media are owning up to their mistakes.

British Newspaper Publishes Massive Apology to Melania Trump; Will Pay First Lady 'Substantial Damages' and Legal Costs.
Source: twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Update: Buzzard Feed has eliminated 300 of its 1,700 jobs.
www.ndtv.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
sounds like the news media is getting the message and cutting down on opinion pieces to mitigate the damage being caused by errant opinions.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
sounds like the news media is getting the message and cutting down on opinion pieces to mitigate the damage being caused by errant opinions.

You mean upping the ante and increasing on opinion pieces to cause damage by errant opinions.

The message they got is eliminate those who do not fully subscribe to their endgame programming.

That is all.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   
These laid off reporters should really take the time to expand their skill sets. Now would be an excellent time for them to learn to code or pick up a marketable skill.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere

Not to mention, the batting average of these "experts" is abysmal. Not only just in online publicans, but those who act so sure of themselves on CNN and MSNBC as well. Once advertisers begin leaving, that will hurt those two fake-news networks tremendously.

For example, Robert Mueller himself warned in 2018 that there's a lot of FAKE NEWS (aka LIES) about his investigation being peddled by our low integrity mainstream media.

Mueller's Warning: www.washingtontimes.com...
edit on 1/27/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I do my part to boycott products advertised on CNN, and let the product's manufacturer know that I'm not buying _________as long as they're advertising on CNN. A lot of us do this, but not enough to make a big dent, apparently.

That's what a SJW would do.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Amber Merkel @Amber PRO Donor Investor 16 hours ago · in News · edited
I may be wrong, but... maybe I'm not?
The "Countering Disinformation and Propaganda Act" included in the National Defense Authorization Act for fiscal year 2017 that Obama signed.
It expired Dec 2018
$160 million / 2 years / 1000 journalist laid off. Comes out to $80K annual salary & benefits. Coincidence?

gab.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join