It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I thought of a funny all by myself

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   
So I had this idea, and it worked rather well, if not a little too well.

All you need is a gullible spouse, friend, or colleague; some neodymium magnets, and a free smartphone app.

First, get you some of those strong rare earth magnets and wrap them in packaging;

Then, download a free magnetometer app for your phone (I'm using iPhone 5), the app I have is called Teslameter 11.

Here's the screen with normal background readings;

It's probably the same for most people, but when I look at it all I see is gobbledygook, and we can use this to our advantage, read on.

A magnetometer measures magnetic fields, but if you tell folk that it's a Geiger counter app, most wouldn't know the difference,

So, you tell your spouse, friend or whoever that you drunkenly ordered a plutonium sample just to see if it would get through, which you had forgotten about, and here it is, in this heavy little package,....

'Check it out on the Geiger counter app!'

As you load the app, all is normal and rather tecky looking, but as you move your phone closer to your sample, the graph reading goes ballistic, your screen flashes red, an audible alarm sounds and the earlier 'background radiation reading' of '45' has now jumped to over '400';

My mates just had a look on their faces that was a cross between confusion and downright concern, the other half, well, she freaked badly so I had to pull the plug on the joke after about 45 seconds lol.

The last time she screamed at me like that shouting 'get that *snipping* thing out of the house!' was when I randomly came home with a rather large water dragon years back 😜

Anyway, I figured someone else might get a kick out of it

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

Just tell your friends you ordered the Uranium from Hillary Clinton.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I'd be careful holding my phone near the magnet.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Mark08

Good call, but it was only a few times and the phone starts freaking out at about a foot away, so it's not been too close to the magnets, I'm not too worried.

Ironically, they're for use in a current project where they'll be in close proximity to a LiPo battery, so I did some research, I'm ~95%(ish) certain I'll be ok 🤓 🤣

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Just out the back looking at the kitchen window, and another scenario hit me,

One could get a small bunch of the really thin rare earth magnets, and place them inbetween windows / doors and their frames (close them in on the magnets, or place them strategically hidden around or near the windows / door etc.).

Tell whoever is with you that you've just had an alert on your phone warning of some kind of radiation leak or nuclear accident nearby (just make any old snip up, could even use the government alert videos available online and cast to TV for added effect), say that residents have been advised to close all doors and windows, then proceed to 'scan' the window and door frames with your 'Geiger counter app', and watch them panic as all hell breaks loose on your phone (make sure the volume is right up!)

End note: I have too much time on my hands.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

Brilliant. And, as we all know, there are few pleasures for a married man better than pranking the wife. Seeing as we are all always in trouble for something anyway, we may as well make the most of it! (who said men were juveniles at heart?).

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

I've been assured many times over that as a male I'm not expected to mature until I'm at least in my mid-fifties, so twenty or so odd years left, and I definitely plan on making the most of those,

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Way, way too much time on your hands MerkabaTribeEntity person.

Funny though

top topics

join