It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Says Emotional Support Alligator Helps His Depression

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Sixty-five-year-old Joie Henney, of York Haven, says his registered emotional support animal named Wally likes to snuggle and give hugs, despite being a 5-foot-long alligator. Philly.com reports Henney says he received approval from his doctor to use Wally as his emotional support animal after not wanting to go on medication for depression.

bwuahahahaha

pictures of them laying in bed together

kind of getting out of hand with the support animals i think.
dog? sure

everything else?? lame

wonder how long till Wally takes a bite out of this dudes face.

yeah i mean instead of pills that might kill you in 20 years which you dont have cause youre old as balls have a gator instead.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Sixty-five-year-old Joie Henney, of York Haven, says his registered emotional support animal named Wally likes to snuggle and give hugs, despite being a 5-foot-long alligator. Philly.com reports Henney says he received approval from his doctor to use Wally as his emotional support animal after not wanting to go on medication for depression.

bwuahahahaha

pictures of them laying in bed together

kind of getting out of hand with the support animals i think.
dog? sure

everything else?? lame

wonder how long till Wally takes a bite out of this dudes face.

yeah i mean instead of pills that might kill you in 20 years which you dont have cause youre old as balls have a gator instead.

Can't wait to see him try and take it on a plane.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I had one once. Thing sat in that tank constantly staring at me. ALWAYS. In there he sat plotting my demise and his looming campaign to take over the planet and enslave mankind.

Only critter I ever had that gave me the absolute conviction that they're no creature that should be ever kept as "pets" / in captivity; to the sort of tune of questioning the morality of pet-keeping itself. Just a 'whole different animal' than se Savannah Monitors or Pythons. Although I've been told Nile Monitors also fall into that True Wild category.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   
It’s weirdly cute....
I’ll stick with my big fluffy dog.

I hope the old fellow doesn’t get himself hurt, that thing could literally rip his face off 😕

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

What did people do before all these support animals?

But on a side note, when I was recovering from surgery in the hospital a few years ago they brought in a therapy dog.
I swear that dog had a smile and it did make me feel better! ha

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   

That hissing noise is just his way of saying hello.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Emotional support. Mental illness, participation trophies, safe spaces, snow flakes, pre-chewed food? This nit-whit takes up space people with real illness's could be using. It's not sad, it's stupid and enabling. The way these fools are coddled is FUBAR.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   
A 5 foot alligator is surprisingly smaller than the salt water crocodile i was picturing this guy snuggling.

I don't see anything worse than losing a finger or two happening here.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Ha!

I mean, I hope it doesn't turn on him because he does look genuinely happy.

I know my dog makes me happier and can tell when I'm in a poor mood.

I believe in support animals to an extent. I believe they do really help people. However, nowadays people pay $70 to register their dog and slap a vest on them. That is an insult to the people who actually need the animals and whose animals go through the proper training.

Again, some people just ruin everything for others.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   
That's it, am ditching my pills and importing an alligator!

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: headorheart
However, nowadays people pay $70 to register their dog and slap a vest on them.

No just dogs. All kinds of filthy animals.

However, I think the blame should go to these online registries that make money "certifying" that your hideous stinking animal is necessary for you to maintain emotional control. It's a scam to make money. (Where have a heard that before? Oh... that's right. EVERYWHERE!)

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I have an emotional support Burmese. She likes to give hugs too. That creaking/cracking noise you hear is just my ribs giving way.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7

Can't wait to see him try and take it on a plane.

she will just flush it
they will make her

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Man Says Emotional Support Alligator Helps His Depression

Hopefully he wont be feeding the folks over at liveleak their fix.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Seems like a temporary solution. They grow.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I agree the emotional support nonsense has gotten well out of hand. That said, pets give their owners joy, regardless of what type of pet it is. Had a friend in high school who owned tarantulas. She'd sit watching TV with one of the bastards wandering around her arms and shoulders. It brought her joy so...

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Dogs, cats, gators - when are they going to extend these laws to inanimate objects?

I'd feel much better out in public if I could take my Emotional Support Martini with me.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   

This is exactly what people were telling you would happen with the the new abortion law in New York. Subjective health, subjective laws, subjective science with subjective reasoning to an individual guarantees the inevitability of these things.
edit on 1/24/2019 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
A 5 foot alligator is surprisingly smaller than the salt water crocodile i was picturing this guy snuggling.

I don't see anything worse than losing a finger or two happening here.

Its not the danger he is putting himself in, he can roll around with naked in his pond for all care, its him taking it out in public like its some kitten or something. If a chimpanzee youve raised for 19 years will rip your face imagine as this alligator gets older and larger.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61
Dogs, cats, gators - when are they going to extend these laws to inanimate objects?

I'd feel much better out in public if I could take my Emotional Support Martini with me.

I used to bring my emotional support .45ACP with me everywhere. made me feel safe

top topics

<<   2 >>

join