It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nathan Phillips, the Native American from the Covington Kids viral video

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Do you believe in private property rights?

At present i am not protesting about anything. So i have no need to trespass on private property. If i did wish to demonstrate strongly about a certain issue then maybe that could change, or then again maybe not.

Did the Boston Tea Protestors believe in private property rights?

That congregation is not the government and going after kids and lying about what happened is not honorable

Phillips wasn't going after kids. He was demonstrating in a Catholic Church against the wrongs he believes the Catolic Church did against Native Indians. The wrongs the church did are well documented.

Be honest here. He's after money and media attention. He's a liar and conman.

Maybe he is all of those. However publicly he is giving other reasons for his protest.

Sorry, i can't continue a debate with someone who appears blind to the facts both currently and historically. For you to say there is no similarity between the events i outlined is quite frankly ludicrous. Again, read the definition of
" Protest ".

Maybe we can meet on another thread topic and find more common ground.

Cheerio.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
The wrongs the church did are well documented.

Whether or not they were "wrong," however, is purely subjective. Don't judge history through a modern lens, it will give you the vapor lock every time.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

If one of your relatives did something wrong to one of my relatives five or six generations ago, perhaps someday I can protest in your living room over a bottle of good American Whiskey. Or even better, I'll walk into Buckingham Palace with a drum and see how private property rights are there. If I remember right one of my mothers distant relatives was a political prisoner there in the 1700's. I have cause.

Thanks for the conversation.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Had to come back with this.

Seems Phillips " gets round ".

theintercept.com...

I'll walk into Buckingham Palace with a drum and see how private property rights are there. If I remember right one of my mothers distant relatives was a political prisoner there in the 1700's

Wouldn't have been Buck Palace. More likely The Tower Of London.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Yes, I know that, but if I did it I would want to direct it at the royal family and get me one of those silly hats the queen wears for a trophy. I suspect I'd be arrested and jailed before I got through the gate. Private property and all. Still, I'd have as valid of a gripe as Philips.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: recrisp

He demands that the Catholic Church provide reparations and land restorations to the Native Americans.

Not that they have the authority to do that, but I'm sure they'll try to bargain for a few native boys.
I guess I called it then when I posted about Agenda 21 and their using indigenous peoples as part of a land grab.
Here’s what it boils down to ... redistribution of land and resources ... its Marxist in other words.
canadafreepress.com...
edit on 27-1-2019 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)
So did everybody get that? 50% reduction in car ownership....plus abolition of private property. I’m sure Phillips is a crusader for indigenous rights but he’s throwing us all to the lions.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Reply to: alldaylong
Yes they believed in a tryannical King not stealing it.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Who were massacring the native american indians before the settlers arrived? Oh yes, they were killing each other.

But that's not racist.
Genocidal, maybe. But not racist.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join