It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We may finally know what causes Alzheimer’s – and how to stop it

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
It's nice to see this thread at the top of these boards instead of the manufactured corporate media horse#.

This was known years ago.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

A little sweet Banana/Italian treats.
Wont kill you nor your health. But manufactured sugar like Maple at the stores and fake honey avoid it.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Magnetotactic Bacteria may also play a keyrole in this, it's something I stumbled upon whilst looking for what would cause people to experience episodes of high strangeness,.Basically I was looking for a scientific basis for the "antenna".

Particularly interesting considering what people claim to see, hear etc and compare that to people with neurological issues that have visual and auditry hallucinations.

Here is my research if you care to take a look;
tinyurl.com...

edit on p20726192400 by pigsy2400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: pigsy2400

That short pdf was interesting. I don't know how it would apply to this subject exactly. Different parts of it might be good for starting threads on their own.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: toms54

Thanks for the post Toms. I have many friends with grand parents suffering from this now as did mine. The article you linked references a trial that was to potentially take place in 2018:

www.mtpconnect.org.au...

I've been unable to find if that trial occurred and if so what the results were. I'll keep looking as it would be an amazing discovery if proven to be true.

Excerpt from article:

"Current methods of treating periodontitis are helpful, but in many cases the bacterium re-establishes in the dental plaque and the disease continues," Laureate Professor Reynolds AO explained. "We hold high hopes for this vaccine to improve the quality of life for millions of people around the world." The trials on Periodontitis's patients could potentially begin in 2018.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

Thanks for that link. When I got to the end, there was another link to a video. I would like to put it here.

Therapeutic Vaccine for Chronic Periodontitis
2:49

Scientists in the Oral Health CRC at The University of Melbourne are developing a therapeutic vaccine to treat chronic periodontitis.

If you are interested in the trial, maybe you could contact The University of Melbourne. The article talks about the CEO of Oral Health CRC, Melbourne Laureate Professor Eric Reynolds AO. There is a link to his company's website Oral Health crc

Contact Us From this page you can write, phone, or e-mail them.
edit on 25-1-2019 by toms54 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 11:32 PM
link   
This is extremely interesting to me. I've just recently gotten my mother into hospice care as her Alzheimer's dementia has finally gotten the best of her. I remember for the last couple years before she got this it really seemed like my mother quit taking care of her teeth. They were horrible. She had the money and insurance to take care of her teeth but just didn't. I can see a correlation.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: BadRandy217

My prayers are with you.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 05:37 AM
link   
So to prevent Alzheimers..... have all your teeth removed.
edit on 26-1-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist
So mouthwash before brushing?

You wash Your dishes before putting them in the dishwasher yeah?

I encourage everyone who got this far, I know how everyone is so busy nowadays, but You MUST be Your most ardent health advocate, to wit:

"Amla"
"Holy Basil"
"Ashwagandha"

And Coconut Oil on Your skin that is exposed to Sol, Winter is a great time to start. It will actually warm Your skin and keep You hydrated. Also see the Science as it relates to fighting Alzheimers.

To stay off the Erectile Dysfunction "Blue Pills" use "MACA" drops in Your water. I add this and Nascent Iodine™ and Silver into My 8-12 bottles of water per day. BOING!!! @55 By just thinking hahahaha

Stay Hydrated...
edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I did the 'quick links' re: the 3 herbs I mentioned.

"AMLA"

www.masteringdiabetes.org...

"Holy Basil"

www.healthline.com...

"Ashwagandha"

www.healthline.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: toms54

Does having cavities in teeth affect the risk of developing alzheimers?

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

I don't know. Everything I've seen only talks about gum disease.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
So to prevent Alzheimers..... have all your teeth removed.

I know you are being humorous but it would be interesting to know if this group performing the studies have considered studying people who have lost their teeth prior to old age setting in and seeing if they are a group with lower rates of the disease.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join