It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John McAfee's cause is just

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Isn't there some debate of whether or not getting paid for work is considered 'income'?
People claim that how the law was written, it's a fair/even trade.. money for your time and services.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Wesley Snipes approves this message:

I wish more people had the courage to topple this theft. Even if it is now accepted by society and some wonderful addition was added after our founding fathers warned against direct taxation, doesn't mean squat. It is time to change. When was that amendment made again? 1913 .... that seemed like a good year for nefarious government actions, considering the federal reserve was also created that year...curious that they were born together .... hmmmm

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
It's long but worth the watch.

If the masses truely understood taxation today there would be a revolution tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Just in time to loan England and France billions for World War 1.
Foreign war, foreign bankers and America gets to pay.
One hell of a swindle.
It was the beginning of the end of the Republic.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Well, you do away with income taxes, what's the alternative? How would you fund government, the military, border security, interstate highways and all the rest? Genuine question here? Who pays and how?

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
www.foxnews.com...

McAfee, who is presently on a boat fleeing U.S. authorities, explained in a video posted to Twitter that he has not paid taxes in some time.

“I have not paid taxes for eight years. I have not filed returns. Every year I tell the IRS ‘I am not filing a return, I have no intention of doing so, come and find me.’"

He continued: “Today, January 22, the IRS has convened a grand jury in the state of Tennessee. To charge myself, my wife, four of my campaign workers, with unspecified IRS crimes. They want to silence me, I will not allow that,” he said.

Your cause is just John McAfee, and you're right that crypto-currency will sink governments by preventing them from collecting taxes, monitoring payments and forcefully taking your money.

Essentially, it will drown big-government in the bathtub. Something I not only support but stand behind 210%.

McAfee, who started his career at NASA, also weighed in on cryptocurrencies, stating that they will at some point, "come head to head with governments," adding that "governments will no longer be able to collect income taxes" and that governments would have to "shrink and find new means."

"We will at some point be at war. We are today at war," he added.

If only more folks had the courage to take the stand Mr. McAfee is taking. Risking everything to do the right thing, and to stop throwing money to band-aid the hemorrhaging. Only through very serious, difficult and tough changes can the major fixes this country needs be applied.

Government, in its current form, has no place in that future. And just for good measure, # IRS scum. They still have yet to produce the relevant section of the US code requiring payment of direct, unapportioned income tax despite their non-ratified scam. Our people used to know how to deal with these types of things. It is a sponge, it is a leech and it is the scum of the Earth. And may it never rest in peace.

So you're saying you support a traitor to the US. Check. You want all of us to be traitors too. Check. Sounds kinda like... you might be a traitor too?

You libertatians are all nutjobs.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

Well, you do away with income taxes, what's the alternative? How would you fund government, the military, border security, interstate highways and all the rest? Genuine question here? Who pays and how?

Border security is an important note here and fits in the current climate.

In their libertarian world capital should flow freely, you would think production would be the same. BUT no, it's all "do what I say not what I do." I mean, libertarians invented neo-liberalism...

Buncha hypocrites.

TRUE libertarians should be against borders just like the good little anarcho capitalists they are, but somehow most fall under this spell of "Build the wall!" I wonder why that is and why it's only a southern wall?

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: gortex

I support all tax dodgers, yes. I'll stop supporting it when government stops throwing the money away.

Time to slap their hand away like a child until they get their act together. I'll reconsider then, and only then.

Until then, drown it in the bathtub.

Translates to: "I don't want to pay my fair share!"

Princess.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: whargoul

I think you're misunderstanding my intent. I'm not trashing anyone's honestly felt political beliefs. I'm not really into this mud flinging stuff.

I'm interested in what other idea's people have for funding government.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I think you're misunderstanding my intent. I'm not trashing anyone's honestly felt political beliefs. I'm not really into this mud flinging stuff.

I'm interested in what other idea's people have for funding government.

Consumption tax - and I don't just mean consumer goods. The big difference there is that it is a choice.
It also means the rich pay more, but with that tangible and controllable reason.
There is something fundamentally wrong with a govt forcing people to pay tax and offering no choice and then giving the money they stole to someone else.

edit on 24/1/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o
Isn't there some debate of whether or not getting paid for work is considered 'income'?
People claim that how the law was written, it's a fair/even trade.. money for your time and services.

Yeah, the freeman on the land wackanuts think that way, how's that working out for them?

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I'm not opposed to that as long as food is exempt and possibly some other necessities. I'm torn between that and a flat tax, we all pay the same percentage. No more IRS, no more tax returns.

I should add a bit about the topic here also. McAfee is like all the others, just someone trying to have a free ride pretending to be some kind of revolutionary leader. It always seems to be the dregs of society leading the charge who sucker people in with nonsense.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: headorheart

I mean I don't agree with all that taxes are spent on either, but you can't just pick and choose what laws apply to you. You are a U.S. citizen? You pay taxes. Otherwise, you are breaking the law. Definitely don't feel bad for the rich who do this either.

I agree with his opinion on cryptocurrency though.

Sure you can. Illegal alien? that's ok, just go to a sanctuary city

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I'm not opposed to that as long as food is exempt and possibly some other necessities. I'm torn between that and a flat tax, we all pay the same percentage. No more IRS, no more tax returns.

I should add a bit about the topic here also. McAfee is like all the others, just someone trying to have a free ride pretending to be some kind of revolutionary leader. It always seems to be the dregs of society leading the charge who sucker people in with nonsense.

Yep agree, although, there is a tax on food now.
I prefer it to a flat tax because that is still forcing people to pay tax and redistributing it.
A Consumption tax makes all the arguments about funding others go away... i.e. if you don't want to pay for others, stop spending and consuming in society. Go into a hole and stay there.
edit on 24/1/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   
No taxes, no government, no military, no country.... It'd be fun for a minute or two, then what?

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I've been leaning that way for some time also. I'm also not opposed to luxury taxes to sway the burden towards the wealthier among us.

On food no taxes though and some kind of consideration for farmers, ranchers and the fishing industry, in particular the small family operations. I'm not sure how that would work exactly, but it makes no sense to me to increase food prices through taxes of any kind.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I respect that he has taken this stand, however, not everyone has the resources and legal teams inplace to avoid the wrath of the Feds.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I respect that he has taken this stand, however, not everyone has the resources and legal teams inplace to avoid the wrath of the Feds.

The guy is bat # crazy...so whatever stand you think he is taking is based on being a lunatic. BTW he did kill his neighbor over something like a dog barking, not to mention his rather unique sexual desires...lol His craziness goes well beyond even the documented ones. I would look for a better champion for your cause..

edit on 24-1-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Read the Grace Commission report...

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Don't lump us all in that, man. I'm a libertarian and don't feel the same way as the OP. Maybe I'm a "sell-out" to hardcore libertarians, but the idea of completely de-funding the federal government doesn't sound like a great one to me. Not in one shot, anyway. As much as I'd like the world to meet my fairy tale utopia where we all just survive on the planet without bugging each other, that's just not the world we live in and it won't be like that in my lifetime, so I have to look at it reasonably.

I believe infrastructure and military are a necessity, but that's about it. I would be ok with consumer taxes and maybe a flat tax rate for all if were actually fair. I pay for the things I use, roads and military protection should not be exempt from that. My upbringing, being raised on welfare by a scam "artist" (nothing artistic about lying and deceiving so you can get a free ride) is what shaped my libertarian POV. I grew up in an area where it was widely abused, quite openly. You know how some guys will brag about getting a car for a lower price than it was advertised as? I've heard PLENTY of wastes of life up in Maine brag about how they were able to increase their payout just the same.

We need some kind of police force because people are f*cking stupid. This, specifically, I'd have no problem paying a flat tax on.

Oh, to the people in here saying we're under the threat of death for not paying our taxes....care to explain how? In my 20 years in the restaurant business, you know how many co-workers of mine, myself included, had the IRS come after them for either not filing or not claiming enough? A LOT. You learn pretty quick that you have to claim at least 10% of your cash tips because they'll come after you quicker than sh!t for not doing so. I skated around not paying them for a good 7 years after they came after me for not filing in 2008, claiming I owed them $5,000 (I barely made $18K that year). It wasn't until I decided I wanted to be a home/business owner that I started taking care of that stuff.....but no one I know has EVER been threatened with violence or death for not paying the IRS. In fact, I don't recall ever hearing of a single case of the IRS killing anyone, ever. But please, enlighten.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join