It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Query: If Trump Commits Troops to Venezuela Will You Support Him?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   
The US is the number one exporter of oil now. No need for oil reserves.

If anything, it would be a huge arms demonstration of the newest tech from the US and Russia while 'advising'. Russia was recently there with long range bombers and have expressed interest in a base the area.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

If anything, it would be a huge arms demonstration of the newest tech from the US and Russia while 'advising'. Russia was recently there with long range bombers and have expressed interest in a base the area.

We would be sold a quick "get in and get out" conflict with Venezuela.

We would probably get another proxy war.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

No we're not, we're not even in the top 10.

edit on 24-1-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Many get confused that we're the top refiner, which is a lot different than producing or exporting.
edit on 24-1-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

That's cause we drink that stuff like it's cold beer.

Now where we're we? Oh yeah. We have a milkshake and Venezuela has a milkshake and our straw reaches alllllllllllllll the way across the continent.

edit on 24-1-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Truth be told, whatever country we're sold to go into for humanitarian reasons, there is always some that are worse off we won't touch, or worse off because we're touching it.

The only time I back Trump whole heartedly is in debates about war....

If he picks another one, that's off the table.

I'm the same... It seems he wants to work down his list of promises whether the promise was a good idea or not, so I don't see him changing on this one either.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

No......unequivocally...........no!

If troops need to go in, they should be those of a competently managed Government like China. The US is already spread far too thin around the world and the US taxpayer shouldn't be called upon to support another foreign military incursion of indeterminate length.

Besides the cost problem, there's also the perennial problem with US "rules of engagement" that prevent prosecution of any truly winning strategy. The Chinese on the other hand have simple rules of engagement, shoot to kill the enemy! As a result, the Chinese could be in and out of the country, re-establish order and either set up a puppet government effectively annexing Venezuela as a new province, or they could set up a new government and leave within 6 months.

On the other hand, if the US goes in, it will be bogged down for 60 to 100 years as one bungling administration after another mucks about trying to figure out how to withdraw.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Are you kidding? Letting China take over Venezuela would be worse than Russia taking them over.
If it really came to that, the best solution would be some sort of coalition force. Maybe the UN could do something to earn their keep, for once.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

If oil prices go up, I'm all for it!

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhyDidIJoin

If oil prices go up, I'm all for it!

Because oil prices went down after we invaded Iraq?

Hmmmm, I remember them going up.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   

In all honesty tho, what good will troops do? The u.s. barely has enough troops to get hold a decent sized town, little lone a city.

We can project power with ammunition and missiles, but that's it.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That info is from 2017 but to clarify we are now producing more oil than SA or Russia.

We are also for the first time ever exporting more than importing since December 2018. We have no need for oil.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2

The days of fighting over oil, should be over. Clean energy, is the future.

You trying to advance global warming?

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Biggest oil producer. America turned into a net oil exporter last week, breaking almost 75 years of continued dependence on foreign oil. Now the US exports more than it imports.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

The UN, yeah, they got a great track record.

A coalition force of South American countries would be a good solution if the Chinese aren't interested. I don't see a problem with the Chinese however..........they already operate the Panama canal since Jimmy Carter gave it away for free to Panama.
themengesproject.blogspot.com...

They're already all over South America.
www.theguardian.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

That was the 40's, things aren't like they used to be.

Plus if you're going to use an example of genocide, why not point out that isn't happening in Venezuela yet, but it is in Myanmar?

So where is the virtue signaling for that?

Probably because they weren't on the oil list.

I was using an example of liberation, not genocide.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I'd want to see how this would benefit the US first. Like what spoils would we claim, oil, land, mineral reserves... if Trump laid out a plan for the USA financially benefiting from the action then hell yeah, I'd support it fully. If it was just some manner of humanitarian tomfoolery then no, I wouldn't.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: Qboneq

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Actual question to ask: Is Venezuela on top of our oil?

Answer: Yes.

Solution: Send in the Recon Rangers.

It is how ATS degraded and reduced to trolls domain, what an arrogant comments…!

Yours what…?

Easy there killer.

Not everything is literal, and sometimes people use satire to get a point across.

Sometimes when you make something sound so ludicrous through a joke, people realize how batsh## it really is.

Kind of like Jon Stewart and how he did The Daily Show.

Not funny...

Historically and traditionally….Every “effing” thing starts with the “pseudo” humour/sarcasm behind it until it gets really serious...

Conflicts in “Venezuela” like “Iran” like “Iraq” are about the damned “OIL”. Isn’t it..?

Question is..?

How many “foreigner” ALIENS to you should be killed/dead by the name of “pseudo American freedom?”

I don’t take this sort of “crap” as “literal” or “funny”…....”sarcasm” is the WORST kinds of all… right….?

Do you really think the “American stupid sense of sarcasm and humour” should be taken/accepted universally…?

I am still NOT LAUGHING....DO YOU..?

edit on 24 1 2019 by Qboneq because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   

The export data hasn't been compiled for 2018 so you're comment has no basis in reality. Saudi Arabia exported $133billion in 2017 versus $21 billion for the United States. There is zero chance we're exporting over 700% percent more oil in one year.

edit on 24-1-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Qboneq

I've been arguing against war almost the whole thread... Page one I was joking about it.

Listen man, cultures are different, many American's know how F###ed up it all is, so we use humor to vent frustration or to convey ideas.

Sarcasm is heavy over here, I'm not telling you that you have to laugh, but it's just what we do.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join