It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beto The Punk Rocker

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Maybe this should be in the Rant forum, but knowing many members here, this will probably dissolve into mud slinging so here goes.....

www.motherjones.com...

Why is this even a story?! Who the heck cares if Beto was in a punk band in the 90's? He wore a onesie and a sheep mask....so what!?

When I voted for Trump, I knew of his past, didn't care, I liked what he wanted to do....and btw is doing what he said. I used to be a sound/lights/road manager for a few different punk bands. Punk is fun. I remember one show, the opening act was four chicks. They were raising $$ for a local food bank. So they went onstage naked. For $5, you could dip your finger in paint and paint a flower on one of the girls. Unbelievable how respectful all those punks were to the girls...they made a ton of money.

But really, I would note vote for Beto because I do not agree with him, but the stupid things you do in High School and College should not hit you 30 years later...no matter if you are a Dem or Rep.

Disclaimer....things like murder and rape should be remembered, but forget wearing a onesie with a sheep mask.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

I agree.

I can separate my disagreement from someone when it comes to principle or right and wrong.

AOC has caught a lot of unnecessary flak for different things when you could just as easily argue her platform, she'll provide the fodder.

I think she handled the publicity for the video that surfaced of her dancing in a music video well. I wouldn't say anyone was outraged about that video, but people were certainly mischaracterizing it.

We as Americans have lost most if not all of our class and tact when it comes to dealing with political matters.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I agree. Before I sound like a hypocrite, I want to bring up Kavanagh. I wanted him to be vetted because he was accused of sexual assault. Not because he was a Republican. If Beto ever got accused of sexual assault - vet him too. Jamming out in a punk rock band though? Liking beer? Who cares? People do not know at birth they are going to grow up and want to run for office. People make mistakes. People do things that are unpopular.

Although I am also a person, that thinks a person can change their mind over time. If someone voted one way in 1991 I'm not going to berate them for their vote today. Times change. I honestly think it is refreshing when someone can roll with the times.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I agree with half....
Rocker is questionable...

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Meh I voted Joey #head from DOA for council in my city. He won

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   
You don’t understand. He skateboardsssss! And he’s so handsome! And he has a cute Spanish sounding name.

What else is there to say?

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

You don’t understand. He skateboardsssss! And he’s so handsome! And he has a cute Spanish sounding name.

White Obama.

Lots of promises, delivers status quo, that would be my prediction should he win.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   
If he shot up a school before becoming known as a pol, he would have been branded another white racist kid by the same folks that eventually voted for him.

They been told to luv and elect him. He tosses them cookies and they clap.

a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

I take it we are discussing Beto O’Rourke ?

Isn't this the same guy who recently talked about discarding the U S Constitution because it was old and out dated ??

I think some one should advise him to do a little research into the other forms of government.
Might I also express my opinion that it was not this country which made the Constitution.
It is the Constitution which makes this country great.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   
punk is awesome.

I've been stuck with Grindhouse for a few weeks now. Fat dude, no shirt, singing and playing lead guitar....but the music is legit.

If Beto played in a punk band, it gives me something to like about him. Still won't vote for him...but he gets a notch in the "cool"column.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

If Beto played in a punk band, it gives me something to like about him. Still won't vote for him...but he gets a notch in the "cool"column.

Kind of like I would never vote for AOC, but she gets a notch in the "hott" column.....

Like really hott, something about those eyes staring through my soul and taking part of it back with her......MMMmmmMMMM.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I think obama was more compelling in his persona.

Beto seems way over hyped.

a reply to: CriticalStinker

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I got no problem with him being in a punk band. However, listening to his music was PAINFUL! I used to love punk music — but Betos band was terrible.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Did he say that? a reply to: tinymind

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
punk is awesome.

I've been stuck with Grindhouse for a few weeks now. Fat dude, no shirt, singing and playing lead guitar....but the music is legit.

Always an op ivy/rancid guy...stuck listening to the distillars right now

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
I think obama was more compelling in his persona.

Beto seems way over hyped.

Sure Obama had a strong persona, and that's about all he brought to the table to make his presidency look different from Bush's.

My concern is Obama met with Beto after he lost the senate race in Texas, if Obama backs Beto, he will have the brand of establishment on him, at least for me.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   
She is kinda hot in her own way.

One day I’m going to marry Tulsi Gabbard..

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   
So....is this meant to improve his presidential odds?

An old crappy video of someone "singing", what's the play here?

Is this just propaganda for propaganda sake? Lobbing a few slow balls over the mound during warmup?

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   
You are supposed to fawn over him now. Don’t be racist, he has a Hispanic nickname.
a reply to: MisterSpock

edit on 24-1-2019 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join