It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Commentator Admits She Is Triggered By A Hat

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I think the political divide in America is beyond salvage now, if one side is so upset about a red hat that has MAGA on it.

I know not all people against Trump feel this way, but this is crazy, because Angela Rye has said how many actually feel.
I don't think the right ever felt this way when they saw Obama hats and shirts even thought they were against him.

Equating the MAGA hat with KKK hood is insanity, first off many black people are wearing them so right there that perspective dies.
But it's an emotional reaction that you despise your fellow Americans that have a different perspective of politics than you.

What is the word for being prejudice against somebody strictly because of their political views, doesn't matter if they are black or gay or a woman or religious affiliation or anything else, the prejudice is only focused on political views?
edit on 24-1-2019 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

That's because the media is in bed with the Deep State. It doesn't take too much of mental gymnastics to realize that.

The previous administration were working in favour of high ranking bankers, figures, politicians, and shady powerful people, looking for their own interests. They are the deep sate. Using their power, money and influence to get their results.

Trump seems (I'm not 100% convincend yet) to be an outsider of this group, and he appears to know what's going on behind the curtains. That's why the media keeps making up lies and distorting events to influence the general public and make Trump look bad.

I live in South America and was talking to a friend of mine yesterday, and she told me she thought Trump was a jerk, racist and homophobic because of the what she saw in the media when he first announced he was running for office.

Now she doesn't believe any of this, as she started to see what he was doing instead of seeing what the media wanted her to see.

The left MSM should be held accountable for all of the lies, fake news, and the hate they spread.
edit on 24/1/2019 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Our history has been so watered down today that it's not worth more than a political talking point.

Anyone that thinks a maga hat is equal to a clan robe obviously was never on the receiving end of a clan robe.

Anyone that compares trump to Hitler certainly never experienced Hitler first hand.

Feelings and emotions have replaced reality.
That is a dangerous path for the future.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
I live in South America and was talking to a friend of mine yesterday, and she told me she thought Trump was a jerk, racist and homophobic because of the what she saw in the media when he first announced he was running for office.

Now she doesn't believe any of this, as she started to see what he was doing instead of seeing what the media wanted her to see.

Would you do me a favor and please give your friend a high-five?? It's nice to hear of someone actually seeing the forest for the trees, rather than falling for today's salem witch trials.

I wish everyone would go back and read the crucible again so they can see how many of them are truly no different than all the people crying "witch", except now it's "racist".

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Our history has been so watered down today that it's not worth more than a political talking point.

Anyone that thinks a maga hat is equal to a clan robe obviously was never on the receiving end of a clan robe.

Anyone that compares trump to Hitler certainly never experienced Hitler first hand.

Feelings and emotions have replaced reality.
That is a dangerous path for the future.

With regard to the comparisons to Hitler, I agree. It seems that many making this connection got their idea of Nazi's from the old TV series "Hogan's Heroes". Perhaps they don't realize the actor playing Col. Wilhelm Klink (commandant of Stalag 13) was Jewish!! He only took the role so he could make it a lampoon of a Nazi Colonel. Back then, we made fun of and lampooned them in all ways.

We were not "triggered" and responded with wild hatred, but responded with a healthy sense of disgust wrapped in humor to minimize them in the public eye. Human nature (and scientific research) shows that if you ban or make something "offlimits", it makes it more popular. The contemporary term is "Streisand Effect".

Is it the color or the words that triggers?

It makes me want to experiment by having "Make America Great Again" stitched on a black hat, or a blue hat, or a green hat, etc...

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Ya know..the easy way to deal with the hat bull#, instead of being triggered by it, just make their own hats use the same abbreviation just make it stand for their own slogan. Done and done...then they can take it back the way black people took 'n-word' back....or would it end up being cultural appropriation then....

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Wait til the next Democrat potus gets elected. Gonna call it now ...it will be racist/sexist/deplorable if you don't worship their pledge pin.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
It is not Trump/MAGA
Just the MAGA
Lots of folks would like this country to be more like Venezuela .
And set about showing it every day.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

She is triggered by a hat, your triggered by her being triggered by a hat. We are a triggered society.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

i know that he is a jerk since the 90s. so, before trump was voted she saw something in the media and after that she saw something too but not in the media, right? and what she saw then was the final truth, because it wasn't in the media but somewhere else. maybe in a dream?
edit on 24-1-2019 by oloufo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   

MAGA hats, are unintentionally ironic. On one hand, they say make America Great Again, and then you flip them over, and see where they are made.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I have one in camo and no one notices when I wear it. I even wore it in to the voting booth this last election without it being noticed!

Totally different when I wear my red one though...

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9
a reply to: Krakatoa

I have one in camo and no one notices when I wear it. I even wore it in to the voting booth this last election without it being noticed!

Totally different when I wear my red one though...
So you spent $60, on MAGA Hats that were made overseas? To each their own.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: iplay1up2

I have 7 MAGA hats, two shirts and a coffee mug, all were made in America. Every piece of Trump merchandise I've seen is made in America. Only seen stuff that says made elsewhere, are in pics online.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: iplay1up2

Every piece of merchandise I own was made in America!

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Theres been a big game a foot to make thoughts equivelent to actions, and Americans are falling for it hard. Its a way to over throw Constitutional rights.

Sorta like the mandella effect is just bs to facilitate a rewrite of history and or events.

Evil people are chumping gullible people and using them. Violence results eventually i suppose. Maybe Americans have become too dumb and mean to deserve freedom?

a reply to: LDragonFire

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

The left MSM should be held accountable for all of the lies, fake news, and the hate

So should we shut down MSM and only allow state approved news to be available to the American people, you know like in China and North Korea?

Is the Constitution now just an obsolete document, and irrelevant in today's political milieu.

edit on 24-1-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I have a great money making idea...

Make some red hats with logo:

MAGA in large letters.....underneath it in small letters:

My Ass Gets Anxious..... wearing this hat.

Don't steal my idea.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Now these people admit to being triggered. Someone trolled them with the word triggered and now they proudly wear it.

lol.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I would assume the sale of those hats will go up now.

I don't think there's a way to explain the current state of the liberals who represent politics right now. They may not speak for all liberals, but over the past 10 years there's been a major shift to the left. While some stayed on board and went left, others who were liberals but didn't go further left have now become republicans or independents because of how far left the others had to go.

<<   2  3 >>

join