It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gonna try with a little help from my friends

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:28 AM
link   
For a friend i love much in life and has always been there to help me through all my stupid stuff as i am growing up

Those who get it "will understand"

This is a song that i don't know how to explain, but i have been through hard times and "when i needed anybody" desperately someone was there for me so...

< 3

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:54 AM
link   
One of the classics. Good to be reminded of them.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: BoneSay

It is a great song but I think the version by Joe Cocker caught the spirit better than the original.

A great song , a great voice.

edit on 24-1-2019 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

It is a great song but I think the version by Joe Cocker caught the spirit better than the original.

A great song , a great voice.

This is the one, right?

It has things, you know? "things" on its own

I hope my friend is watching this, i love him very much < 3

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I get by all alone, like a hermit.

No one has a song for me... Oh wait..

hugs to me, the rest of you, stop touching me !!! Oo

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Well you are a lucky person because I can't say so called friends were there for me when I needed them. I was always there for others, but when the proverbial hit the proverbial the rats swam away from the sinking ship. When fair weather turned to foul, the fair weather friends showed their true nature.

Now I am very reserved, strong and independent. I have made my life so I don't need to depend on others. I manage on my own wits and resources. I feel very strong and sure.

That song is a bit whimpy. I mean were John and Paul there for each other? They argued and fell out. Just a lot of liberal hypocrisy here. I don't do slushy emotion.

I get by with a little help from myself and I don't get hight ever. I don't do drugs or alcohol. G-D helps those who help themselves!

edit on 24-1-2019 by Malak777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Malak777

Well you are a lucky person because I can't say so called friends were there for me when I needed them. I was always there for others, but when the proverbial hit the proverbial the rats swam away from the sinking ship. When fair weather turned to foul, the fair weather friends showed their true nature.

Now I am very reserved, strong and independent. I have made my life so I don't need to depend on others. I manage on my own wits and resources. I feel very strong and sure.

That song is a bit whimpy. I mean were John and Paul there for each other? They argued and fell out. Just a lot of liberal hypocrisy here. I don't do slushy emotion.

I get by with a little help from myself and I don't get hight ever. I don't do drugs or alcohol. G-D helps those who help themselves!

I was always there for others

I don't know and i'm sorry for what happened to you but as far as i can say, i bet if we knew each other and i was in bad situation you would be there for me and i would not be stupid as to not know how to appreciate

And if you were there for me i would love back the same way

I have seen the worse in life several ways as well, but i dedicated this to someone who showed me hope and good things, there is something bad always, but i just throw it away, who cares!

Life is short, but life is a long time! let's make the best out of it, whatever way

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I just want to know?

Do you need anybody? Or just somebody to love?

Well then...long story-short....?

How you feel at the end of the day...dont worry if you feel alone!

You can try with a little help and you'll get by with a little help...from your friends.*

(*above, para-phrased, thank you Ringo!!!)

edit on 24-1-2019 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Malak777

Honestly, you just did not had real friends if they did that

I've been thinking about it for a bit but i don't feel the same, i was betrayed lots of times, i have been in terrible situations, some friends went away but some ran to help and were there for me

So i don't understand how come all of them would go away from you, i don't know specifics but clearly something may have been bad and not just on their side, you all were not just real friends or who knows how and why it happened but it's weird the way you tell it

Also stupid politics, thanks for not bringing up the idiotic "snowflake" thing because clearly it is related to sides and it is idiotic like politics are in general

"I don't like politic talk. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere"

Anyway i also do a lot by myself but i have always had good friends who give more than i give back, is just like life and all that. Never equal for everyone and i'm sorry you sound bitter about the entire thing, whimpy is also a thing for people who complain about other's having a better experience, who cares about what John and Paul did or felt, the song, as you, stands on it's own.

So who knows lol, wish you the best

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

I just want to know?

Do you need anybody? Or just somebody to love?

Well then...long story-short....?

How you feel at the end of the day...dont worry if you feel alone!

You can try with a little help and you'll get by with a little help...from your friends.*

(*above, para-phrased, thank you Ringo!!!)

< 3

Something funny that happens to me is, when i'm kind of nostalgic or sad and remember friends and think of this song, i hear the version from Joe Cocker in my head, but when i'm optimistic and think of friends and feel loved then i hear the Beatles version lmao

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Friends may come and go but for me family is my 'go to'.

You can't leave, 'cause your heart is there.

Blood is thicker than mud.

new topics

top topics

join