It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So its a little hot here in South Australia .

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian
a reply to: hutch622

I read over the weekend about your heatwave. They were saying that (i think it was) Sydney broke world records for overnight temperatures with a minimum temperature of 98 Fahrenheit - does that sound right?

I love hot weather but not overnight!

Yeah it did get that hot, in the daytime the highways were starting to melt, water trucks had to be employed.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

That is insane! I'd be dead!

It's not that bad, although undesirable. 115°F in humidity is bad, but still tolerable.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

So, i have to ask, does that mean you are currently a nation of home nudists at night?

I couldn't cope with that much heat at night - how do people sleep?

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: CreativeAtsName
I was in Vegas and New York around 8-10 years ago, New York had record hot temperatures at the time unless I remember incorrectly? But compared to the Melbourne sun, just not the same, hole in the ozone layer above Melbourne (or so I’m told) just burns the crap out of you.
Ive always been a hot guy so always in shorts and a singlet, even in winter. Not long ago out the east side at a park with my son on a 17 degree day, I came home so badly burnt without realising, I had a blister or two the next day, people were wearing jumpers that day!
So yeah, the sun is strong in Melbourne, never realised it til a few years ago.
By the way what’s the go with no one in America wearing a singlet (tank top) I only saw one other group of guys wearing singlets in New York and they had Aussie accents!

That time frame is about right. 2011 was an absolute killer. The A/C had gone out in my truck in December 2010 and since it was winter I never got it fixed, then when Summer got here, I kept procrastinating and never got it fixed. My digital thermometer in the dash would read 125°F to 130°F in the interstate with that hot road and 18 wheelers. Those were heat indexes though (what it feels like), because the humidity is terrible.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy
47.7 C in Kent town and Parafield and 48 C in Gawler.
I'm ok though I live down south on the coast near the beach.

I think your Fosters tall boy you had cooling your nuts off fell over.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

I read over the weekend about your heatwave. They were saying that (i think it was) Sydney broke world records for overnight temperatures with a minimum temperature of 98 Fahrenheit - does that sound right?

Yeah it did get that hot, in the daytime the highways were starting to melt, water trucks had to be employed.

Melted at those temps? What the heck are those roads made of?

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Sounds great..

We got ice and cold winds here in Denmark, and snow is around the corner

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Melted at those temps? What the heck are those roads made of?

Heat will do insane things to the roads, asphalt will get mushy again if it's in hot enough direct heat. In the same vein, enough of an ongoing freeze/thaw/freeze thaw winter pattern will make the roads into pothole minefields. For the most part, that's how it goes here in MI in the winter, and by the time winter's done, spring's...bumpy, to put it mildly.

In the summer here in MI, we have the annoyance of the roads buckling when it gets into the 90's. Always makes you grateful you decided not to take XYZ road when you see on the news later that there was a big inverted V sticking up in the lane.

There's really no middle ground up here, the roads are going to suck no matter what because of the volatile temp & weather swings.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   
You guys got the heat, and right now, we got the cold.

Right now, it's the warm part of the day in the high 20sF. By the time kiddo get's home, it'll be down in the low teens and dropping with windchilld well below that.

Gotta go get 'im bundled up to wait for the bus now.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: Night Star

That is insane! I'd be dead!

It's not that bad, although undesirable. 115°F in humidity is bad, but still tolerable.

For me it IS that bad. I cannot tolerate high temperatures and humidity. It's like torture. Last summer when my friend and I were out, it was hot as hell and humid when her car decided to break down. I'm sitting in the car with no AC and felt like I was melting. LoL

Oh my God, I don't know how people can stand it.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

You and my husband. I bake in that stuff.

Right now, my bones ache, not from arthritis. They just ache because I'm cold!

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   

We have a nice balmy 32c forecast today down here in sunny Tas, I reckon the Gov, should bring the army in and deploy free beer tankers around the entire country, we expect more from these people.

edit on 24-1-2019 by kennyb72 because: Duh, doh!

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   
That’s what we use in the states, Fahrenheit. What is the humidity? a reply to: hutch622

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Gord...a couple of hot days, and people think the World is ending....

And today it is back to the mid 20s again.......a drop in temp of 20 C.

Totally normal.

The issue is the way the temperatures are "Read" these days.....not that it is Hotter than the old days.

Remember, it may be 46 deg C, but that Only has to be for 1.5 seconds or so, to record as the Temp....in the old days it had to be a minute or something.

So even though the days are hot, Hey it is summer here, they are Not 46 degrees for the Whole 12 hours of sunshine.

In 6 months we will be complaining about the cold....like those Russians....- 46 deg C Ha you Pussies!!

And for those who think you "Get use to it"....You NEVER get use to extreme Hot weather or Extreme Cold weather.

Never....you just put up with it.......even the original Dark people, would be resting under trees and be inactive during this weather......just like Southern European did and still do have their siestas, and rest in the Hot Afternoon, as humans should.

Its only...."Mad Dogs and Englishman, go out in the Midday Sun".......(A song from the old days).

edit on 24-1-2019 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I've got a jumper on this morning. 12c here in Western Australia.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: gort51

."Mad Dogs and Englishman, go out in the Midday Sun"

Yup!, one of the mysteries of life, right up there with chickens and roads

edit on 24-1-2019 by kennyb72 because: demographics

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

*cough* all that hot air you aussie's blowin' around talkin' 'bout dang ole no one to blame but yourselves man *cough*

edit on 24-1-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 01:01 AM
link   
We've had a bad combination of dry weather then heat, wind and dry lightning starting scrub fires all over the place. Still multiple 'state of emergency' declarations and evacuations taking place.

The 'day from hell' they're calling it

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Pilgrum

We've had a bad combination of dry weather then heat, wind and dry lightning starting scrub fires all over the place. Still multiple 'state of emergency' declarations and evacuations taking place.

The 'day from hell' they're calling it

We have some local hero's heading off to the fires today, God keep them safe!

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: kennyb72

Yes heroes for sure
There's over 700 firefighters and 30 aircraft currently active at multiple sites across the state.
I'm getting poor air quality (smoke) and ash fall from the central highlands fires over 100km away.
edit on 25/1/2019 by Pilgrum because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join