It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So its a little hot here in South Australia .

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Well as the title says its a little bit warm , currently it is 46.5c at 1750 time wise or , 5.50 pm for those that dont use a 24 hour clock . The official hottest temp for South Australia's capital city was smashed by .5 of a degree C , and that is a big rise all things given . For those that dont know what 46.5c is its around 115 f and our temps are taken in the shade . Yes its kinda hot but the good news is the red lion hotel has free beer if it goes over 45c .

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Beauty mate. Did you get yourself down to the Red Lion for a coldy?

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Ouch, well at least it's dry heat where you are, (at least from my experience and what I understand) were getting high 30s on the coast of the Qld border and it's putrid, no rain little wind just hot dry humid, the air of ocean is the only saviour.

We are getting smashed with no rain or storms, little relief the heat is just relentlessly pressing, although not as hot as you, I'm coastal though so not nearly as intense even as little as 10km inland, but damn it's hot.

You getting rain and storms or is it similar to here?
edit on 24-1-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
Well as the title says its a little bit warm , currently it is 46.5c at 1750 time wise or , 5.50 pm for those that dont use a 24 hour clock . The official hottest temp for South Australia's capital city was smashed by .5 of a degree C , and that is a big rise all things given . For those that dont know what 46.5c is its around 115 f and our temps are taken in the shade . Yes its kinda hot but the good news is the red lion hotel has free beer if it goes over 45c .

Feeling it for yah hutch, while its mid summer in Perth the rain falls down on a cold 20.c day, not even remotely summer cross the rabbit fence

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

Beauty mate. Did you get yourself down to the Red Lion for a coldy?

Kind regards,

Bally

I know it's hot and dry where you are so you'd been licking lips for cold beer

edit on 24-1-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Did you get yourself down to the Red Lion for a coldy?

Nah its a little aways and you could imagine the line up , its not a big pub . And i am sure media and all .

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I know it's hot and dry where you are so you'd been licking lips for cold beer

Hot or cold beer is always good , mind you summer seems to increase the beer consumption .

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Yeah it's hot but not 45C mate.

Home brew stock is depleting rapidly.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 02:20 AM
link   

That is insane! I'd be dead!

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Just seen on the news Port Augusta hit 49.5 C . Thats 121 f for those that still use that measurement .

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Yep Mate, 'tis a bit warm down here today.

Air con is on ... dog (Alaskan Malamute) is panting right next to my chair, it is his dinner time around about now ... and um ... it's hot Mate!

I was wandering down memory lane ... as a kid before air con ... a fan aimed right at you ... reading a book ... sometimes falling asleep.

All you needed was a fan ... bugger that ... I'm keeping the air con. Damn the electricity costs a ton.

P

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Any reported casualties yet ?

That is stupidly hot !

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

That is insane! I'd be dead!

NS you would be really hot but not anywhere near dead . Adelaide has a mill pluss people and according to the news there were only 70 something admissions to hospitals for heat related illnesses .

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Are you in south Aus .

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Don't ever come to Las Vegas in July or August if you think that is hot!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

I was there in july a long time ago 88 i think . Las Vegas record is 117 fahrenheit , comes close i guess .

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Don't ever come to Las Vegas in July or August if you think that is hot!!!

Yeah no kidding. High 90's (F) even after nightfall

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I was in Vegas and New York around 8-10 years ago, New York had record hot temperatures at the time unless I remember incorrectly? But compared to the Melbourne sun, just not the same, hole in the ozone layer above Melbourne (or so I’m told) just burns the crap out of you.
Ive always been a hot guy so always in shorts and a singlet, even in winter. Not long ago out the east side at a park with my son on a 17 degree day, I came home so badly burnt without realising, I had a blister or two the next day, people were wearing jumpers that day!
So yeah, the sun is strong in Melbourne, never realised it til a few years ago.
By the way what’s the go with no one in America wearing a singlet (tank top) I only saw one other group of guys wearing singlets in New York and they had Aussie accents!

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Pretty dang hot. Also its extreme cold in Russia too -65 celcius -88F.

Cold russia

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 03:07 AM
link   
And a nice 42 and windy day tomorrow in the west side of Melbourne, should be interesting

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join