It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the left needs racism . . . even counterfeit racism

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Edumakated

Without racism, they'd have to admit that their ideology is a failure.

Nah, without people buying into their concept of victimhood (be it racial, economic, 'disability,' gender, or generational) there would be no audience to support their platform. Racism is only one of many tools the left has manipulated to establish their Kept Voter base.

I mean, seriously, who really is the hateful racist? Is it the man who says "YOU can overcome whatever you ancestors and early years had to deal with and succeed on a level playing field against anyone, all you have to do is put in the effort and be smart?" Is it the man who says "Oh, you poor, poor wretch. It's not your fault you're a pathetic failure... others are holding you down. You're not smart enough to be responsible for your choices and actions. Here, we'll pay you in the form of welfare, handouts, special laws, special programs, and pandering if you vote for us. All you have to do is give us your votes, we won't ask anything too hard of you because, well, we don't expect much from you?" The Democrat platform doesn't counterfeit racism, they are the modern embodiment of racism. They have the pedigree, though, considering it was the Democratic party that championed slavery in the south, built the ghettos, created the Ku Klux Klan as their militaristic arm of the party, fought against the Civil Rights movement until they could reintroduce it as their own idea, and perpetuate the idea that minorities are somehow lesser than whites and need all sorts of handouts and handups just to compete. History didn't paint them kindly, so we have revisionist history to ensure their real past is no longer talked about in schools.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
It all boils down to perpetuating the victim mentality. Without it, their emotions have nothing to linger onto and they would be forced to use their brains instead -- which is the antithesis to their ideology.

Which is why I have over time developed the idea that the left draws the mentally deficient to their party. Victim mentality works for them, after all...

Which, if you think about it, explains a lot about their current base.

Just a theory in progress which keeps keeps growing every time I watch CNN.

You aren't the only one that shares that sentiment.

There's a reason I stopped engaging with most of them. Not only is it a waste of time, but it's like arguing with a child. Low IQ seems to be the common denominator.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

What other ethnicity crosses the southern border?

I have been to Mexico and Hondurans, and I must say I saw mainly Hispanic people, so I would assume that this is to keep them out.

Yes, the Hispanic Americans who agree with the wall are acting racist. Yes I said acting racist, cause I feel people can act racist in a specific action with out being racist, which is what I think the right is doing with the wall. I don't think most people on the right are racist but I also don't think they have really thought this one out as well as they possibly could.

I would also say that Obama and his administration was acting racist, when he made that list.

Last, I do think we should stop dangerous people from entering the country though a good vetting process, but I am also practical and understand that people who want to do violence and are evil wont let laws stop them.

I think both side are racist when it comes to immigration. Also, I think identity politics are taking up to much of both parties time, and that we have more pressing issues that the government needs to focus on.

If we want to stay great it will take a solid investment into education and fixing the affordable care act so that health care is truly affordable. Its seems both sides should be able to agree on this and get back to work, but instead all either side can do is name call and blame the other for being the true evil.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 11:31 PM
link   
They can still immigrate just legally. How is it that hard to understand. If you just walk into another country it’s illegal. That makes you a criminal they are trying to prevent this. They can still get into their car or walk if they don’t have one and go on down to the good or US of A. They will just have to have papers and talk to a boarder agent at a assigned boarder crossing.

Do you really think they are trying to dam off all of Mexico and South America and not let a single soul in? How in the hell would they get avacados....think about it!

a reply to: hubrisinxs

edit on 23-1-2019 by Athetos because: You=they

edit on 23-1-2019 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Are you thinking about what you are saying before you reply? It makes no sense. Hence why you have no stars on your comments, and no supporting comments. If you put up a fence around your house does that make YOU racist against your neighbors? Perhaps you desire for people to be racist. If a different race or caucasians lived on the other side I would assume you would still play the racist card.

In any case, this whole situation is out of control.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: hubrisinxs
a reply to: Grambler

What other ethnicity crosses the southern border?

I have been to Mexico and Hondurans, and I must say I saw mainly Hispanic people, so I would assume that this is to keep them out.

Yes, the Hispanic Americans who agree with the wall are acting racist. Yes I said acting racist, cause I feel people can act racist in a specific action with out being racist, which is what I think the right is doing with the wall. I don't think most people on the right are racist but I also don't think they have really thought this one out as well as they possibly could.

I would also say that Obama and his administration was acting racist, when he made that list.

Last, I do think we should stop dangerous people from entering the country though a good vetting process, but I am also practical and understand that people who want to do violence and are evil wont let laws stop them.

I think both side are racist when it comes to immigration. Also, I think identity politics are taking up to much of both parties time, and that we have more pressing issues that the government needs to focus on.

If we want to stay great it will take a solid investment into education and fixing the affordable care act so that health care is truly affordable. Its seems both sides should be able to agree on this and get back to work, but instead all either side can do is name call and blame the other for being the true evil.

I just have to quote this as the single most ignorant thing I have ever read on the internet.

And I read youtube comments, so that is saying something.

The depth of your stupidity is.... astounding.

I hope I don't remember your post in the morning.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I wasn’t planning to comment in this thread, but when something so epically stupid is posted I think it is important to add my voice. Legal immigration to the United States is available to people of all races. How do you not understand this?
edit on 2019/1/23 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

If abortion were ever made illegal Republicans would stop voting.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

If abortion were ever made illegal Republicans would stop voting.

Public service notice...

Don't drunk post.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 01:21 AM
link   
For the left and the media its about putting so many fake stories out there that in 2020 the voters will no longer know what is real or fake.

www.psychologytoday.com...

Its all about

Confusion about the facts
Susceptibility to deception
Fabricated stories to tarnish the image of political opponents
Repetition to create familiarity with fake news thereby casting doubt on the facts

If you don't know who to believe or who to trust, everything's broken.

Disinformation is a well known leftist trick used around the world.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Your whole post was very condescending and sounded like you were pinning me into a corner. That falls right into identity politics to me to be honest... when you go off on rants saying "they", "the left", "us conservatives". Maybe you need to learn how not point fingers at other political ideaolgies before to defend racists.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Groot
What happened to the days when we all made fun of each other being racist and gay, laughing about it and continue on with our lives.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.

It has become the offended generation. Masculinity is toxic. Feelings rule over facts.

The end is nye !

Let's not forget the sexism.

MSNBC Host: ‘There Isn’t a Strain of Racism on the Left’
2:16

I can't wait for the Democrat primaries. They will rip each other to shreds.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I think that is a little bit of a misrepresentation going on here.

The problem is that there are some total morons on the left just like there are on the right who make outrageous claims that Trump supporters are racist nazi baby killers who burn effigies of Queen Hilary and then the right take it and run with it, before you know it all of the left thinks all of the right are racists. It turns into a a stupid debate where the right (sorry guys but seen this happen loads) like to act as if a few idiots on the left calling MAGA hats are racist are speaking for all of the left. I have written about this before and I find it frustrating because I identify as being on the "left" and I acknowledge that there are some complete spanners on the left who say some stupid things. So it becomes frustrating when see a thread like this because we don't all think you're racist just like you don't all think we are mentally ill. In fact am pretty sure if you asked most average left voting folk they would say that its just a difference in political opinion when you boil it down.

I would go as far as to say its become convenient for the right to point at the left and say "ahhhh they just think we're a bunch of racists", just paint us all with that same brush of thinking you are all scum and thats the end of it. It fosters this division in politics because when the press on your side constantly spread this fabrication that the left (like all of us somehow) think you're a racist then you go with it and you can't really start a civil discussion if you think the other guy is calling you a racist nazi scum bag behind your back. Its a political propaganda tool because it pushes you further to the right, makes you more harder to convince and its done because "why would I ever listen to those guys, they all think am a racist anyway".

The only racists are the racists, you get them on all sides of the political divide (even the left) and yes, by definition almost you are going to find the further to the extreme of the right you go the more you will find. There are probably more racists than we would like to admit who voted for Trump yet that in no way means that all or even most Trump supporters are racist.

I think on the left we need to call out these morons who flippantly run around ironically calling "All white men racist" yet I also think that the right have a equal responsibility to stop presenting this picture that everyone that does not fall into this neat little box called the political right thinks you're a racist.
edit on 24-1-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: strongfp

You can replace the 'left' with the 'right't and portray the exact same message.

How about racism is just wrong on all fronts? Why do you need to constantly disassociate yourself with the term and push it on another group of people who don't agree with you to push a narrative?

Racism is a means of dividing one group from another.

I understand that the 'right' doesn't mean to push racism, but when you have actual racists advocating right wing ideologies, and the moderates don't condone or say "I will defend racists to be racist because freedom of speech" what does that tell the rest of population?

So the right thrives off of identity politics?

I think you missed the last century or so of contemporary political history...

Conservatives don't give a damn what color, sexuality or ethnicity you are as long as you don't push it on them.

Progressives HAVE to keep everyone divided.

Otherwise people might just all be American again and nobody would be a victim and we would all instead just be judged on our merit.

Then we wouldn't be talking about reparations and inequality. after all.

Think your post through before you hit the reply button.

Now this is the best post I think ever on this subject!

I am sure you and my entire family on both sides of the marriage are cut from the same clothe on logic. Thanks for your clear points that reflect reality.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Whats wrong with fear based?

Exaggerated fear maybe is what you mean?

a reply to: carewemust

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   
They run on racism and making the minimum wage $15/hr.
And of course free everything because it's a human right.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

You can replace the 'left' with the 'right't and portray the exact same message.

How about racism is just wrong on all fronts? Why do you need to constantly disassociate yourself with the term and push it on another group of people who don't agree with you to push a narrative?

I understand that the 'right' doesn't mean to push racism, but when you have actual racists advocating right wing ideologies, and the moderates don't condone or say "I will defend racists to be racist because freedom of speech" what does that tell the rest of population?

No offense intended, mate, but it appears as if, you might possibly have replied to the wrong thread by mistake. If that was not the case then, well, I certainly to apologise and it's not my intention to cause trouble here. It's just, well, your reply has nothing at all to do with anything at all in the OP.

I'm terribly sorry if I'm misunderstanding something, but, it seems like you didn't even try to understand anything he was saying. If you really did intend to send That response to This thread, then, it really looks like you just read the title, Maybe the first few sentences, and immediately the reptilian part of your brain took control and identified this thread as a threat against your belief system. No need to understand the specifics. This is an enemy attacking your way of life, so you know right what to do. Send a counter-attack right away! No need to be specific. Just vaguely attack his character and politics and that'll do the job.🗨🐲

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

There is no left or right. People need to wake up there is only special interest groups that filter the talking points to the masses.

Then the sheep wallow it up and do the free work for their Masters - ushering in a Police State - encroachment of freedoms.

A false flag then goes off and then its off to war as a distraction.

Rinse Repeat.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   
You still don’t get it do you? Are you being deliberately obtuse? Or just admitting you are mental midget?

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   

He didn't call them racists (although it's debatable), he said that's their main message that is pushed, and it's pushed onto Republicans because the democrats don't have a message.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join