It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the left needs racism . . . even counterfeit racism

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Racism does exist. It would be stupid even to think otherwise.

But a growing ideology in the west needs racism. This ideology craves racism because without racism, their value, their message would cease to exist. Racism is a currency to the left. When they can't find it, they create it.

Counterfeit racism.

See the MAGA hats. Now a symbol of racism to the left because they called Trump racist for so long that they can't see the hat without thinking of the false, counterfeit racism they attributed to Trump.

The left sees lower unemployment, higher wages, lower taxes as racist because America is improving and that is associated with making America great.

Which is racist, according to the left.

They can't formulate a positive message of higher taxes, higher unemployment, lower wages. They can't run on that.

What they can only run on is racism.

They have to attribute every positive thing we've experienced to racism because to think otherwise would be a condemnation of their own core beliefs.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You can replace the 'left' with the 'right't and portray the exact same message.

How about racism is just wrong on all fronts? Why do you need to constantly disassociate yourself with the term and push it on another group of people who don't agree with you to push a narrative?

Racism is a means of dividing one group from another.

I understand that the 'right' doesn't mean to push racism, but when you have actual racists advocating right wing ideologies, and the moderates don't condone or say "I will defend racists to be racist because freedom of speech" what does that tell the rest of population?

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Racism does exist. It would be stupid even to think otherwise.

But a growing ideology in the west needs racism. This ideology craves racism because without racism, their value, their message would cease to exist. Racism is a currency to the left. When they can't find it, they create it.

Counterfeit racism.

See the MAGA hats. Now a symbol of racism to the left because they called Trump racist for so long that they can't see the hat without thinking of the false, counterfeit racism they attributed to Trump.

The left sees lower unemployment, higher wages, lower taxes as racist because America is improving and that is associated with making America great.

Which is racist, according to the left.

They can't formulate a positive message of higher taxes, higher unemployment, lower wages. They can't run on that.

What they can only run on is racism.

They have to attribute every positive thing we've experienced to racism because to think otherwise would be a condemnation of their own core beliefs.

Racism is used as a distraction. It keeps people from really looking at the failed policies of the left.

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Without racism, they'd have to admit that their ideology is a failure.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I'll acknowledge that it exists, however I surely don't think it's the clear and present danger that is constantly touted.

It perpetuates the victim mentality. If you're a victim, you don't have to be responsible for your actions. Some folks go their whole life through thinking form that standpoint.

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

You can replace the 'left' with the 'right't and portray the exact same message.

How about racism is just wrong on all fronts? Why do you need to constantly disassociate yourself with the term and push it on another group of people who don't agree with you to push a narrative?

I understand that the 'right' doesn't mean to push racism, but when you have actual racists advocating right wing ideologies, and the moderates don't condone or say "I will defend racists to be racist because freedom of speech" what does that tell the rest of population?

So the right thrives off of identity politics?

I think you missed the last century or so of contemporary political history...

Conservatives don't give a damn what color, sexuality or ethnicity you are as long as you don't push it on them.

Progressives HAVE to keep everyone divided.

Otherwise people might just all be American again and nobody would be a victim and we would all instead just be judged on our merit.

Then we wouldn't be talking about reparations and inequality. after all.

Think your post through before you hit the reply button.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   

African American "leaders" (in addition to White politicians) have used the "Racism Card" for decades.

It's similar to how some preachers use "the devil" to scare church members into doing what they're told.

Fear-based motivation, is what it all boils down to.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Yeah, and in trying to thwart all the imagined racism, they outed themselves as racists.

I think they just lack any sense of irony, humility, or introspection.

edit on 23-1-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   
What happened to the days when we all made fun of each other being racist and gay, laughing about it and continue on with our lives.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.

It has become the offended generation. Masculinity is toxic. Feelings rule over facts.

The end is nye !

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

People accuse you of being racist, even if you point out a truth, like Michelle Obama being a woman and a man at the same time. It's like everyone is fragile like an egg nowadays.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   

The left has shown us that they are willing to overlook disgusting blatant racism committed by black activists against white children

In favor of going nuts over perceived racism of a kid smiling

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Groot

People accuse you of being racist, even if you point out a truth, like Michelle Obama being a woman and a man at the same time. It's like everyone is fragile like an egg nowadays.

They seem to forget an important quote that says something like judging a person's character then judging someone based on color or otherwise by Martin Luther King.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   
It all boils down to perpetuating the victim mentality. Without it, their emotions have nothing to linger onto and they would be forced to use their brains instead -- which is the antithesis to their ideology.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

In favor of going nuts over perceived racism of a kid smiling

It's those elitist pearly white smug grinning teeth I tell ya. It's clear the other fellow is an anti-dentite...

edit on 23-1-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   

The Republican party doesn't cry racism. Republicans are only recipients of being accused by the left and the MSM of racism usually a majority of time these are false accusations.

You can't have your cake and eat it too, but you can regurgitate your own cake as the left often does due to hypocrisy. You don't always get to weasel out of responsibility by saying the other side does it too, especially when they don't.

What the left is doing currently by screaming racism for everything under the sun is in fact childish, primitive behavior, that seeks to destabilize society, and weaken the human will to survive.

A REAL man or woman with even a smidgen of moral integrity wouldn't respond like you did, but would instead be condemning what was outlined in the OP.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 10:44 PM
link   

At least the pay-off of playing 'us and them': is that when problems arise, it's always 'their' fault!

Then we are spared the pain of self-examination.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I am kinda confused as how building a will to keep a specific race out of America is not a racist action? or How trying to pass a law that prevents nations of predominately Arab decent from immigrating into America is not racist?

I mean I get the left has lost it's mind and does desire a divided nation because it plays up identity politics as the most important issues facing America today. They love dropping words like intersectionality and trans-phobia every chance they get, but the right has some ideas that need some reflection too.

...but I guess I will just have to stay stuck in the middle for a while longer. Maybe one day the left will realize that the idea of making America great is not fascist and the right will realize that everyone(regardless of race/ethnicity/religion/social-standing) can help to make America great.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

The Republican party doesn't cry racism. Republicans are only recipients of being accused by the left and the MSM of racism usually a majority of time these are false accusations.

You can't have your cake and eat it too, but you can regurgitate your own cake as the left often does due to hypocrisy. You don't always get to weasel out of responsibility by saying the other side does it too, especially when they don't.

What the left is doing currently by screaming racism for everything under the sun is in fact childish, primitive behavior, that seeks to destabilize society, and weaken the human will to survive.

A REAL man or woman with even a smidgen of moral integrity wouldn't respond like you did, but would instead be condemning what was outlined in the OP.

Exactly

Show me prominent republicans saying minority kids who were attacked by white racists are at fault and attacking the kids

Or how about show me republicans saying we need to throw innocent until proven guilty out the window and instead believe all men based only in their genitalia

Show me neo Nazis or kkk people regularly harassing people in cities that are just laughed off by republicans who tell everyone to not bother with them and ignore them

Show me republicans saying we need to chose leadership in the rnc based in skin color

And on and on

Yes the republicans and right wingers do many things wrong at times

But this cultural Marxism is much much worse in the left, and a key part of the democratic platform

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
It all boils down to perpetuating the victim mentality. Without it, their emotions have nothing to linger onto and they would be forced to use their brains instead -- which is the antithesis to their ideology.

Which is why I have over time developed the idea that the left draws the mentally deficient to their party. Victim mentality works for them, after all...

Which, if you think about it, explains a lot about their current base.

Just a theory in progress which keeps keeps growing every time I watch CNN.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: hubrisinxs

The wall is not racist

It’s not just keeping one race out

The majority of illegal border crossings comes from the southern border, so that’s where a wall is needed

Many Hispanic people dislike illegal immigration. Are they racist?

The list of countries in the travel ban were based in Obama’s list of dangerous countries

Are we not allowed to try to keep dangerous people coming in for fear of being called racist?

No doubt there are racist Republicans like any other party

But these policies are not racist
edit on 23-1-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3 >>

join